• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
By forced I mean anything. Either your parent(s) literally told you to move out, or maybe they made such a catastrophic atmosphere in the house that you were indirectly forced to move out.
I was forced indirectly. There was 5 of us in a small 2 room apartment. There was often drinking, screaming, you name it.
I will NEVER be able to afford to buy an apartment. I don't want to put more than half of my salary into some stranger's pocket, just to have a roof over my head. I'm not going to rent a room and live with strangers under one roof. Besides, for how long can one keep doing this?
Why do people procreate if they don't have proper conditions in the house? We should publicly ridicule people who have children without the conditions for it. They are forcing their children to participate in a game they did not sign up for.

Sometimes I'm thinking about moving back to this old house. My mental health will be gone forever. But I'm really getting sick of renting.

What's your approach? Did you somehow find a way to accept that you have to rent room/apartment forever, while your parents have a stabilization by living in their own house?

B

biasedregret

Feb 23, 2024
This pretty much happened to me when I was 17 (yikes, a while ago). Divorced parents, lots of dysfunction. Leaving was necessary for my mental health, so I went halfway across the continent lol.

But yeah, I'm way behind financially compared to people who could stay at home. Still worth it for the mental health benefits.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I left home aged 14/15 with a rucksack and never looked back. I was homeless, got various jobs, paid most of earnings for a bedsit, enrolled in college as soon I turned 16 and now live in secure accommodation, family and job. The best thing I did was leaving home.

It is unfair to blame parents at times. I work with people who are vulnerable and it is sad to see how people can lose everything overnight through sudden unemployment, health challenges etc. I have seen ex-millionaires be homeless, professionals barely able.to function or secure employment etc. I have literally been with parents who barely feed themselves and pour everything they have to ensuring their children are happy. Life can be unfair and there is no guarantees about what will happen to people.

Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy