J

Jericho

May 24, 2023
I didn't always. I loved but lived for others. Never really got myself. I got married 13 years ago. Had kids. Lived for them. And would have died for them. Had a business. A house. Vehicles. And all I ever wanted was to be with my kids and to provide for them. Till the toxicity of my wife got to the point of no return. I shut down and reclused myself to a room separate from her for over two years merely cohabitating for the sake of the kids. I spent time with them a lot. They were all I was living for anymore. Then I got hurt at work a year ago. Required a full reconstructive surgery of my wrist and could no longer work. She waited until every dime in savings was spent to go work and help financially. We were still civil although basically separated in the home. Two days ago I was blindsided while I was watching a movie. She had her sister call in a well check because she alleged we argued and that I own guns. Next thing I know there's police at my house with ar 15s pointed at my head telling me that they got a report and needed to make sure that I wasn't armed so she could get her things. I'm sitting here in shock like WTF we we just laughing and joking playing with the kids not 20 mins ago. We are fine . What argument? I've been in my room watching a movie since. What is going on?
If she wanted to go no one was keeping her. Yet she almost got me shot in front of my kids to ensure a report, and a pfa to remove my ability to see them, and did so under false pretence since my state always sides with a woman regardless of lack of evidence or wrongdoing on the part of the male. Now the only thing I was living for is gone. I've been through my SS report and found that once my disability is approved I'll only get 914.00 per month. Yet the same report shows that my surviving spouse and children would each receive 1030/ month if I passed away.
Yes the government literally told me that I am worth more to my family if I am dead. I haven't been able to consume anything in the past few days due to the stress of losing my kids. My body is like literally rejecting any attempt at nourishment. I have no will to live and wonder if I should just lay here and waste away. SS won't pay out death benefits to a suicide victims survivors but if I physically can't nourish myself and I die from that; it's not suicide and then at least I have provided SOMETHING to them even in death since she filed a no contact motion and I can't be with them anymore. Is it ok for me to think of this last thing that I can do for them? Can I just accept the bodily rejection of nourishment and just lay here and die? I did say I would die for them. I have no other value nor the will to go on without them. She didn't even let me say goodbye. And so I see life now as pointless.

• Hugs
Reactions: movinout17 and ABSOLUTION
Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
I don't think life in general is pointless, but I do think that my life is.

Plenty of people have made their mark on history, advanced humanity, and quality of life for people and animals alike. I would never say that I think the lives of my friends and family are pointless, because I don't believe that.

I just believe that I am a malignant cancer to humanity and that the lives of my loved ones would be improved without me in the picture.

Reactions: movinout17
J

jackrussell

Oct 30, 2023
i consider my life pointless. just a miserable existence. the suffering outweighs any pleasure.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't think there's a universal meaning- no. Personally, I'm not so sure it would be make things better if there were one fixed meaning and goal- what if you didn't want to do that? I think it's down to the individual. They might find purpose or equally, they might not- or, lose it.

I did feel like I had purpose at one point. Life is much easier when you feel like you're working towards something. My purpose used to feel like my creative job. But ultimately- it's so hard to sustain financially. Plus- ultimately, the majority of us are working for rich people to make them richer. The higher we climb, the more likely it feels we'll be working for some cold faced conglomerate. I've known people work for the really big, prestigious companies- where you'd say that person has reached the pinnacle of their career. Yet- they say they were treated like cattle there... So- that kind of thing can rob you of your delusions.

I think life tends to do that quite a bit. Foundations you build your trust on and give your life to turn out to be corrupt. We end up having to compromise all over the place and shift what we're going to be happy with. Till it becomes clear that it's all a charade really. I'm so sick of going along with it all.

Reactions: movinout17
ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
Yeah.
Though even if I knew this but things were going well anyway, I'd not be really bothered. I'd happily go with the flow.
But given that it's pointless AND I stand to gain nothing because I have no desires or long term goals... y'know.
Not that I haven't found them yet, for some reason I just don't care for any of it.