• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

What was your childhood like and is it why you are here?

• I had a terrible childhood and has contributed to my suicidality.

• I had a terrible childhood but it has nothing to do with my suicidality.

• I had an average childhood and has nothing to do with my suicidality.

• I had a great childhood and loving and supportive parents and has contributed to my suicidality.

• I had a great childhood and loving and supportive parents and has nothing to do with my suicidality.

• I don't remember my childhood enough to say

• Other (pls leave comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I m sure everybody is here because of childhood trauma. The community is devided into the ones that work on themselves and the ones who project, tough.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Directly related to a narcissistic mother.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I m sure everybody is here because of childhood trauma
No, not really. At the very least the 34 members would disagree and am sure the number would be much higher for the rest who didn't participate in the poll.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
No, not really. At the very least the 34 members would disagree and am sure the number would be much higher for the rest who didn't participate in the poll.
I see what you mean. It is a thing like "the sun goes up every day", a general law of nature that those who want to eliminate themselves have been traumatised. No rule without exception. Many people are not even aware that they have been traumatised (it took me a decade of therapy to slowly start to understand how abusive my parents were). That's my opinion and I m fine with you having a different one :)

Besides, you missed the 7 who said they dont remember their childhood.

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I see what you mean. It is a thing like "the sun goes up every day", a general law of nature that those who want to eliminate themselves have been traumatised. No rule without exception. Many people are not even aware that they have been traumatised (it took me a decade of therapy to slowly start to understand how abusive my parents were). That's my opinion and I m fine with you having a different one :)
Yes unfortunately a large group of us here owe our suicidal ideations to past truma, some have realized that a lot sooner than othes. But It's not my opinion or assumption that not everyone here is suicidal due to childhood truma. It's a kind of fact. There are many poll threads on this site that show reasons of peoples suicidal ideation. Among those reasons a good percentage includes physical pain, chronic illnesses, physical disability, economic crisis and many many more. Dismissing all those on the basis of "general law of nature that those who want to eliminate themselves have been traumatised" and "they just might not be aware they have been traumatised"......I mean?

Besides, you missed the 7 who said they dont remember their childhood
The 34 was total of all those who don't owe their suicidal ideation to childhood truma but other factors, which I see now has reached 35.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
The options aren't great for me. My upbringing was dysfunctional and so certainly not average but I'm not comfortable describing it as terrible. Plenty have put up with far worse.

That said, childhood trauma largely destroyed my chances of functioning normally in adulthood which is why I'm suicidal.

I find it totally unsurprising that the "terrible childhood has contributed to my suicidality" option in the poll is way out in front.

• Love
Reactions: losing hope and rozeske
D

deadinsidex2

Getting the hell out of here
Jan 30, 2024
I never understand the obsession with having kids if one doesn't want one, doesn't know how to show affection and doesn't know how to not abuse....like why even bother to begin with?
Probably cuz they look at kids as mini mes they can let out on nd do wht they want to "shape" them usually doing worse than there own parents which is the most Fucked up thing abt parenting (when it turns into a power dynamic), if u can't be properly responsible for little ppl u shouldn't use them as a fucking punching bag, but that's how reproducing is viewed it's almost like a commodity. Also there's the generational cycle of ppl who didn't learn how to emotionally regulate

• Hugs
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Yes, I had a pretty difficult childhood that contributed to my suicidal ideation.

I was beaten by both of my parents. My father tried to kill both me and my mother when I was a small child. I've dealt with my parents getting divorced, my mother remarrying, and then divorcing again. My stepfather and his family verbally and physically abused me. I was bullied pretty badly at school because I was the "weird autistic kid" and struggled to make friends. I became a recluse and a latchkey kid at eleven years old and had unrestricted access to the internet, which as a result I saw some shit I was too young to see. I was also sexually assaulted and preyed on by older men when I was 13-14.

Some things just sadly never leave you...

• Aww..
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes, I had a pretty difficult childhood that contributed to my suicidal ideation.

I was beaten by both of my parents. My father tried to kill both me and my mother when I was a small child. I've dealt with my parents getting divorced, my mother remarrying, and then divorcing again. My stepfather and his family verbally and physically abused me. I was bullied pretty badly at school because I was the "weird autistic kid" and struggled to make friends. I became a recluse and a latchkey kid at eleven years old and had unrestricted access to the internet, which as a result I saw some shit I was too young to see. I was also sexually assaulted and preyed on by older men when I was 13-14.

Some things just sadly never leave you...
Am so sorry you had to indure all this at a young age. Absolutely no one deserves this.

• Love
Reactions: Malaria
bigmanharsh

bigmanharsh

Living in a cosmic joke
Feb 5, 2024
It is really comforting to see so many people who are like me here, Such distinguish humans shouldn't be allowed to procreate. I hope all of you find peace in your own way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: scottyy, rozeske and Malaria
C

CoffeeN

Feb 11, 2024
I had a great life outside my house , during my childhood but inside of the house was hell, as I grew I distanced myself from everyone and everything and my mom is like" why don't u socialize anymore" . I just look at her sarcastically 🤔

• Hugs