J

justlookinforanswers

Dec 11, 2020
I just wanna know if it's weird that I only have 2 people I'd actually consider solid friends, one online one irl. I usually don't have that many friends at any given time. I feel like if those relationships fall apart my emotional state will plummet

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Kit1, Susannah and 6 others
Z

Zerengin96

Student
Jun 14, 2022
zero

• Hugs
Reactions: Jet Black, Firework, F@#$ and 17 others
milly

milly

uncertain of things
Nov 28, 2021
None 😰

• Hugs
Reactions: Jet Black, Firework, jenycosmos33 and 8 others
Shivali

Shivali

Mage
Jun 9, 2022
None

• Hugs
Reactions: Firework, SadVegan, y'ffre and 6 others
lessonlearned

lessonlearned

May 23, 2022

• Hugs
Reactions: Firework, SadVegan, y'ffre and 6 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
3 technically.
1 online friend that i met on another "forum", but she has her life so we just check up on each other every couple weeks.
an irl friend that i use to go out with before the pandemic, but then that and MAJOR anxiety. i havent talked to her in a couple years, just talked to her again the other week. it was only the one time though.
and my ex that is now more like my big brother. but thats the guy im talking about when i say i only get 1-3 messages and we dont see each other irl. havent for about 7yrs.
i have friends, but no one to talk to so i might as well not have friends. the emotional connection is nice but the loneliness still burrows

• Love
Reactions: Firework, 710, obafgkm and 1 other person
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
bill-clinton-zero.gif

• Hugs
Reactions: Firework, estadiare, jenycosmos33 and 13 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I consider everyone here on SS as a friend, and with that aspect said I have zero friends or family besides the folks here.

In the past I have had people who wanted to be "friends" with me, and I quickly figured out that they wanted something from me and when I said no, they dumped me very fast.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeedAnEscape, BrainShower, ForeverBroken and 14 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds tiring maintaining friendships. It is something that I have never had the interest or energy for and I would rather just be alone.

• Love
Reactions: Firework, Fire, estadiare and 11 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Zero

• Hugs
Reactions: Firework, 710, whatevs and 2 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I have no friends sadly...there are 2/3 people i chat online once in a while but they are cold texts...far from someone that truly cares about you,someone you can really call Friend.
Even tho i care a lot about these persons and bring them in my thoughts and heart,I am not reciprocated by them, in fact I think I have been used sometimes

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fire, jenycosmos33, wasteofspace22 and 6 others
H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022
Not a fat lot really. I think I've lost the ability to make friends.

Reactions: Hollowman and JealousOfTheElderly
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021

• Hugs
Reactions: estadiare, jenycosmos33, Marine and 8 others
J

JealousOfTheElderly

Everything's gonna be OK
Aug 28, 2020
While I'm outwardly friendly and generally a people pleaser, there are 0 people in my life who are close friends. I like it this way. I don't trust people at all and would rather have several acquaintances than anyone get close enough to call a friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: estadiare, Susannah, wasteofspace22 and 6 others
J

justlookinforanswers

Dec 11, 2020
I get where you all are coming from. For a lot of my life I've had no friends. It seems like I just got lucky with these two

Reactions: whatevs
GelatinaRouse

GelatinaRouse

Jun 28, 2022
I have like three friends...
my friend from school, although we see each other once a month...
my friend online
and the girl I like (she wants to be friends, but she already left me)

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Just my husband. So 1.

• Hugs
Reactions: right:sun, whatevs, whywere and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
It's easier for me to maintain online friendships than real ones. My real ones feel more like acquaintances. I can never really distance myself from the fact that an online friendship isn't as "real" as the IRL one, not as legitimate.

Reactions: akana
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
i have friends irl, perhaps i have to treasure them more than i do. unfortunately their presence doesn't make it any easier for my mental health.

Reactions: wasteofspace22
P

PickledPepper

Mar 16, 2022
I have enough friends these days, but it makes no difference. I'm an agoraphobic pariah and NEET. I have a history of displaying antisocial behaviors, and never believed in myself, ever. To think that there are people who think I'm very intelligent and beautiful. Pfft! I can't even be in a healthy romantic relationship because of commitmentphobia and my recently-discovered erotophobia. I've dated plenty, though.

Fuck my life. I let myself go, anyway. Am fat. I'll tell myself I lack the guts to get sloshed, once and for all, and throw myself off a bridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: anonymoussadbeing, wasteofspace22 and nembutal
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
I wouldn't be posting on here if I had friends lmao.

• Yay!
Reactions: Regen, lofticries, Un- and 3 others
fishheye

fishheye

Jul 8, 2022
Two with whom I talk to occasionally. None with whom I can talk about how I really feels

Reactions: SadVegan and wasteofspace22
Fthis

Fthis

Student
Dec 8, 2020
I just wanna know if it's weird that I only have 2 people I'd actually consider solid friends, one online one irl. I usually don't have that many friends at any given time. I feel like if those relationships fall apart my emotional state will plummet
Lots of "friends", two good friends, one good friend if you only count irl and not online

S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Wish i had just 1 real good friend

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen, Gniook, SadVegan and 3 others
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
I've never met a person I felt comfortable enough with, to confide in. I'm not sure what a proper friendship should even look like.

The connections I have with people now, are all mostly surface level. Last time I felt like I had friends was probably middle school.

• Hugs
Reactions: SadVegan, wasteofspace22, Ringo and 3 others
R

rata1

Arcanist
May 8, 2019
i am not sure. i think i lost all. i loose more and more the ability to communicate or to interact with other people. i don't want to harm anybody but it seems that this is exactly what i do to people. a slow and painful decline of my life......

A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
I don't have any but I don't consider it a negative or anything, anyone I've crossed paths with I've usually kept as an acquaintance, like most people on here.

At the same time I'd rather be alone than be with/build a relationship with someone where I consistently have to adjust myself or my standards of communication to meet their level so idk, in general ive always liked my own company. having time to myself is usually something I appreciate and regard highly, I'm usually the kind of person who respects having the time and space with myself but I had that violated lol. I would always take a relationship that's built on being in alignment with each other and knowing where one another stands over one that feels more of a burden. for that reason most of my friendships have usually been surface level.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unhumanly., ever so lonely, SadVegan and 1 other person