• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
few days, around 3 I think

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
between three and ten days without water, and three weeks without food.

Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
It really depends of the conditions and your metabolism tho

Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
Hmm maybe I'll try the dehydration method then-
Anyone whose tried it? Does anyone have tips on it?

Catching_the_bus

Catching_the_bus

She's longing for eternal sleep
Feb 26, 2023
From what I know about dehydration it seems like it would be an excruciatingly unpleasant way to go... I feel like the SI would be overwhelming... However I guess when you take into consideration how excruciatingly unpleasant life in general is then any method is viable no matter how painful and unpleasant... I just wish it wasn't so difficult to leave peacefully... Its almost like the world is mocking us at this point...

Reactions: Yuki K
soontobedone

soontobedone

Leave blank
Feb 27, 2023
It is called VSED. Without special help it can be horrifying. I went 2 weeks without food and 4 days without liquids. I was concerned about becoming delusional and possibly wandering outside. The tongue cracking etc turned me off.
They describe it as peaceful for the people in hospice but they are getting tons of morphine so don't feel the pain of organs shutting down.
There was a preacher on the news recently who made it 30 odd days without liquids before dying.
Be prepared for major constipation if you cease liquids.
I wish it was easier. I'd have ctb in November.

Last edited:
junko

junko

carving my name in the grave again
Mar 16, 2023
Hmm maybe I'll try the dehydration method then-
Anyone whose tried it? Does anyone have tips on it?
Just tested it out this/last week. Dehydration + starvation started at the same time. Wanted to see how far I'd get before I thought that the bus was on its way.

Got to the night of day 3. Passed out on my kitchen floor, couldn't move for a few minutes, and ended the experiment then.

My symptoms included accelerated heart rate (not painful, just uncomfortable), minor headache (would rate 2/10 for pain, but I have headaches regularly and am used to them), racing thoughts (worse than I've had before), and the expected light-headed ness. Minor nausea when I first started.

When I woke up after passing out, I felt cold and out of control of my own body. I couldn't walk and had to literally crawl back to bed.

I might be missing a few symptoms as I've been severely depressed these last 2 weeks and brain fog is real. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

This is a very difficult way to CTB without assistance. As mentioned above, those who have died using this method in hospice have had some form of assistance.

I've seen people mention wetting their mouths (without swallowing!!!) to avoid cracked tongue, but that requires a lot of self control. I've also seen suggestions to take pain killers, but that's only feasible to those who can take medication without liquids.

I'm personally planning on trying this method for real if I can't find SN, but I wouldn't recommend it to others. Hypocrite nation unite! Lol

thelookingontheway

thelookingontheway

Jul 15, 2022
In wet day it could goes long and in dry day gets shorter

Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
Just tested it out this/last week. Dehydration + starvation started at the same time. Wanted to see how far I'd get before I thought that the bus was on its way.

Got to the night of day 3. Passed out on my kitchen floor, couldn't move for a few minutes, and ended the experiment then.

My symptoms included accelerated heart rate (not painful, just uncomfortable), minor headache (would rate 2/10 for pain, but I have headaches regularly and am used to them), racing thoughts (worse than I've had before), and the expected light-headed ness. Minor nausea when I first started.

When I woke up after passing out, I felt cold and out of control of my own body. I couldn't walk and had to literally crawl back to bed.

I might be missing a few symptoms as I've been severely depressed these last 2 weeks and brain fog is real. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

This is a very difficult way to CTB without assistance. As mentioned above, those who have died using this method in hospice have had some form of assistance.

I've seen people mention wetting their mouths (without swallowing!!!) to avoid cracked tongue, but that requires a lot of self control. I've also seen suggestions to take pain killers, but that's only feasible to those who can take medication without liquids.

I'm personally planning on trying this method for real if I can't find SN, but I wouldn't recommend it to others. Hypocrite nation unite! Lol
I really thought this method wouldn't have much consequences, guess I was wrong

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Dehydration sounds like a painful method. Plus the amount of SI is immeasurable. It'd probably take a few days depending on the activities you carry out and the temperature. I suggest against it but in the end, the method is up to you.

K

KiraDA

Iva Tyler | PD (Narcissistic) | Active SI
Mar 19, 2023
It depends there is no guaranteed day. Dehydration needs to be mixed with starvation as most foods include water. If you don't have enough self control you won't succeed. I tried this method before and on day 5 an ambulance was called on me whenever I passed out in the streets. For those other days I just laid in bed and left my room about once a day.. in order for the death to be quicker you'll need to be using up energy. If you just lie in bed, you could survive way over a week, even a few weeks EASILY. If you go out and do over 10k steps everyday and use up energy, it'll shorten that survival time to maybe 3-5 days.
Dehydration sounds like a painful method. Plus the amount of SI is immeasurable. It'd probably take a few days depending on the activities you carry out and the temperature. I suggest against it but in the end, the method is up to you.
It's not painful at all, maybe an occasional headache but it's generally painless.

Reactions: Dreadle and Yuki K
Kanashii

Kanashii

Somehow living, not dead yet.
Mar 16, 2023
It depends on the person. Can be as little as 2 or 3 days or as much as a week or a few days longer. Metabolism definitely plays a part in it but so does the physical health of a person too.

sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
3 to 7 if you dont eat anything, most foods have water in them