Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I usually go a week without saying anything. It's weird. I don't usually think about it.

Reactions: AngelGirl, terry_a_davis and mediocre
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
at most a full day, there's just people i have to talk to

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I could really go for weeks without saying a word if I didn't need to buy groceries and accept the occasional phone call with some family members that are almost as lonely... and to not worry them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mx5nb3, terry_a_davis, enjolras and 1 other person
L

lovehate22

Jun 10, 2020
today i think i only spoke to the cashier at the local shop ,it was brief, he asked me if i wanted a bag for my cigarettes & bottle of coke, i replied "no thank you..."

otherwise i have been typing a lot to people on the internet haha ...most days are like this now that i think about it ..

• Hugs
Reactions: sufferingalways and a_strange_day
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Does talking to yourself count? :blarg:

• Love
Reactions: Circles, mx5nb3, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I could really go for weeks without saying a word if I didn't need to buy groceries and accept the occasional phone call with some family members that are almost as lonely... and to not worry them.

Oh, we're pals. My degree of silence is often

Sometimes, it's emotionally draining, other times it's a crave, alternating.
Outside, wish peeps could turn their tongue 7 times in their mouth before breaking it, making it worthwhile. The closed loop headphones, noise canceling, are a blessing when it comes to banning the ambiant cacophony, and float walking in air, separated from the crowd.

Reactions: Lunarhour, Fragile and a_strange_day
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Usually a few a days and when I do finally speak it's usually only a few words. I've been like this since I was 12 so my voice is very underdeveloped and very hoarse:/

Reactions: enjolras and Skathon
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Three months.

• Hugs
Reactions: theboiwhostilllived and terry_a_davis
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
No , my depression had gotten so bad my neighbors at the time were actually helping me out and looking out for me.
At the time i was living in a transient hotel and had managed to organize a communal situation where anyone who put in to the pot got to eat first,
then we hooked up those who didn't. it didn't last more than a year but it was nice while it did. This was back when i was 24.

My life now keeps me from falling that far.

• Hugs
Reactions: AngelGirl
Lunarhour

Lunarhour

Student
May 15, 2020
No , my depression had gotten so bad my neighbors at the time were actually helping me out and looking out for me.
At the time i was living in a transient hotel and had managed to organize a communal situation where anyone who put in to the pot got to eat first,
then we hooked up those who didn't. it didn't last more than a year but it was nice while it did. This was back when i was 24.

My life now keeps me from falling that far.
I'm sorry your in pain pete_x and i'm glad your here sharing your thoughts with us atleast. So im guessing the neighbors just left your food at the door for you to pick it up later. Man, you must have been in your room those whole three months.

Reactions: pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Thank you. Yes, i eventually ended up in the hospital again. My neighbors tried to get me to get up and moving but i couldn't. Being largely strangers
i was blown away. I don't want to go into the whole faith in humanity thing but in that time, yeah.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Aside from the cashier at the grocery store once a week, I don't speak at all. For over two months now. Fun times...

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
0, but going a long time without human contact irl is the fate that awaits me once my close family dies, i hate the thought of it and it will be my reason to ctb.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It unfortunately appear to be part of my OCD. I have a very distinct way I talk to myself. I've seen my brother, sister and mum doing it to when they thought no-one was watching.

K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
I don't live alone so a full day at most. If I could, however, I'd live alone in a place far far away where I'd never have to speak to anyone again.

Reactions: pete_x
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Days with speaking 0 words. I don't think I have done that. But the majority of my days my words are limited because of my loneliness. So it's a very low number.

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
I don't live alone so a full day at most. If I could, however, I'd live alone in a place far far away where I'd never have to speak to anyone again.
I hear you, if i had this option available i wouldn't have found my here.

AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
I thought I rarely speak, but I would say mostly 0 for me as well. I used to go outside to buy coffee everyday, so I speak when I have to order something. I say "Hi" to security guards although I would not have small talks with them. And now that I live with my parents, my dad asks me if I ate already, I say yes or no. If I didn't eat already, my dad asks me what do I want to eat. I say I don't know. I think I don't speak a lot but I think rarely go without speaking for more than a day.

It's difficult for me to speak with other people, since I feel that I don't know how to talk to people and I'm scared of having conversations with other people. Because I feel that I don't know how to talk something bad is going to happen to me. Like embarrassing myself or unintentionally saying something that will make the other person hate me. By talking to someone I feel that I'm putting so many things at risk, so I often choose not to.

• Hugs
Reactions: DumbBoi
DumbBoi

DumbBoi

May 30, 2020
Weeks honestly, I never really learned how to talk, it was mostly just the bare minimum so as far irl social activity goes I now have no reason to even really start learning and no place or time to test it ou
It just text for me, and even my lack of experience carries over to text but atleast there I have moments to compose myself
deadass wouldnt be coherent if I didnt have a moment to look over what im saying and correct it

• Hugs
Reactions: AngelGirl
Mr.Mediocre

Mr.Mediocre

Jun 25, 2020
A long time, but no one wants to hear my words anyways.

• Wow
Reactions: Skathon and Close_to_freedom
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I'm almost selectively mute even in social settings. I have no idea how to start or join a conversation and if there are more than two participants, I politely take the backseat. I prefer isolation. There's no stress from awkward silence when there are no expectations from other individuals.

Reactions: Close_to_freedom
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
Less than a day. I work in a restaurant from Monday to Saturday and on Sundays I'm usually with my friends or my boyfriend.

foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
I could go weeks without saying a single word while in high school. the only people i verbally talk to now are my parents when they need things from me

Reactions: ocd is bad
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't live alone so I am forced to speak at times.

Reactions: Skathon
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
24/7 I'm mute but before maybe a week