chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019
If you had any failed attempts, write how many and the methods you chose. I had two failed attempts which were honestly pretty stupid, one using 50 tablets of 500mg aspirin and then calling the suicide hotline from pure instinctual fear, and the second being exanguination in the tub slitting my veins vertically with three scalpels, but my mother found me even though it was 4am, it was an unfortunate coincidence that she woke up to go to the bathroom, which had no key.

Reactions: forever21, Circles and Faraway1990
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
None. Suicide was never even on the map for me until i managed to do this stupid damage to myself. I hope the first attempt will also be successful (SN).

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: forever21, Dawn0071111, Nem and 7 others
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
None. Suicide was never even on the map for me until i managed to do this stupid damage to myself. I hope the first attempt will also be successful (SN).
im sorry for your situation. How did you hurt yourself, if I may ask? if it's too personal no pressure

Reactions: Faraway1990 and Circles
Kokobushi_bae26

Kokobushi_bae26

hey...yeah, I’m here too
Jun 7, 2019
I tried eating the "lethal dose" of yew leaves a couple months ago and besides my lips tingling a bit and my arm feeling a little numb (which really could be attributed to my nervousness after ingesting them) nothing happened. Such a disappointment

• Aww..
Reactions: forever21, Faraway1990, chlorine and 1 other person
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I've detailed it somewhere around here. How, is less important, all i can say is it was really stupid and it happened due to me not thinking coz i was tired, pushing myself too hard.

Oh yeah, here's the post.

• Aww..
Reactions: SunnyDaze, CelestialSky, Faraway1990 and 1 other person
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
Twice once when I was 15 grabbed as many of my mom's prescribed pain tablets and slitting my wrists lol didn't cut quite deep enough and I just spent the next day puking. 26 impulsive mixing drinks and medication in a bath tub my unconscious si made me wake up lying on the floor the living room when I woke up. I've decided after 2 years of trying and in a situation where I'm a couple weeks to a month from being homeless or moving in with my parents again mixed with a lot of other stuff I'm CTB soon after actually being clever about it. Night night is my method. I'm at peace with my choice.

Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
What counts as an attempt?

Having the thoughts and taking steps to act on them? Hundreds

Collecting the means/arriving at the locations? About a dozen.

Hospitalisations? One

Police interventions? One (not the same one)

Attempts which would have succeeded if somebody did not intervene? None.

Reactions: ScorpiusDragon, Karangel25, chlorine and 1 other person
Kokobushi_bae26

Kokobushi_bae26

hey...yeah, I’m here too
Jun 7, 2019
Twice once when I was 15 grabbed as many of my mom's prescribed pain tablets and slitting my wrists lol didn't cut quite deep enough and I just spent the next day puking. 26 impulsive mixing drinks and medication in a bath tub my unconscious si made me wake up lying on the floor the living room when I woke up. I've decided after 2 years of trying and in a situation where I'm a couple weeks to a month from being homeless or moving in with my parents again mixed with a lot of other stuff I'm CTB soon after actually being clever about it. Night night is my method. I'm at peace with my choice.

I don't want to disrupt your peace over your chosen method but do you know of any cases where people have ctb from this method? I've tried to search it myself and i literally can't find any success stories. Hanging is terrifying to me but if the night night method worked that'd be dream

Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
In 2018 I tied a plastic bag over my head to try and ctb. It was about a month before I found this site so I had no clue what I was actually meant to do. As I was breathing and running out of oxygen in the bag, my breaths were getting heavier and heavier and it freaked me fuck out and I had to stop.

Also I'm not sure if it counts as an attempt or not, but a few weeks ago I was going to do SN. I was 2 hours from the scheduled time to take SN when I just couldn't do it because I was super scared and also hungry from not eating so I went and had some sandwiches. I'm taking my time to prepare for this next attempt because I can't afford to waste that much meto again.

Reactions: jake3d and chlorine
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I don't want to disrupt your peace over your chosen method but do you know of any cases where people have ctb from this method. I've tried to search it myself and i literally can't find any success stories. Hanging is terrifying to me but if the night night method worked that'd be dream
Read the threads comments multiple people were successful and I used to practice martial arts and experienced it when I was younger. The theory and all is sound just a matter of taking your time making sure you know where your veins are and applying the bean bags or whatever correctly and then you've got nothing else to worry about.

Reactions: Godofdeathftw
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
In 2018 I tied a plastic bag over my head to try and ctb. It was about a month before I found this site so I had no clue what I was actually meant to do. As I was breathing and running out of oxygen in the bag, my breaths were getting heavier and heavier and it freaked me fuck out and I had to stop.

Also I'm not sure if it counts as an attempt or not, but a few weeks ago I was going to do SN. I was 2 hours from the scheduled time to take SN when I just couldn't do it because I was super scared and also hungry from not eating so I went and had some sandwiches. I'm taking my time to prepare for this next attempt because I can't afford to waste that much meto again.
whether it counts or not as a second attempts it's not for me to say, but if you are really determined to ctb then I hope you'll find peace, but i hope you're sure that's what you want.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I was 2 hours from the scheduled time to take SN when I just couldn't do it because I was super scared and also hungry from not eating so I went and had some sandwiches.

That's a serious reason to keep living! :hihi:

• Love
Reactions: Nosferaddo, Dawn0071111 and Deleted member 1768
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
OD on OTC meds- failed three times

Slitting wrist- failed

Was going to jam knife into side of neck, stopped by old friend- failed

Jump from cliff, pussied out- failed

CO with tent, got caught by police before I could start- failed

7 attempts, all fails... I'm not trying the OD again, nor cliff jumping in wrist slitting. CO I will eventually try again.

if a cat has 9 lives, how many do we humans have? I think I'm closing in on my maximum lives....

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Godofdeathftw and chlorine
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
2. Overdose and Hanging. When my third attempt will be? Who knows...

Reactions: Metalhead and Faraway1990
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
OD on OTC meds- failed three times

Slitting wrist- failed

Was going to jam knife into side of neck, stopped by old friend- failed

Jump from cliff, pussied out- failed

CO with tent, got caught by police before I could start- failed

7 attempts, all fails... I'm not trying the OD again, nor cliff jumping in wrist slitting. CO I will eventually try again.

if a cat has 9 lives, how many do we humans have? I think I'm closing in on my maximum lives....
I'm sorry you had to go through all this, you must be a wretched soul. Hope you'll find peace. Also love the pink floyd quote.

Reactions: Empty Smile
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
I'm sorry you had to go through all this, you must be a wretched soul. Hope you'll find peace. Also love the pink floyd quote.
Thanks bud. Pink Floyd music is my life. I feel a majority of their songs fit me perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Faraway1990, chlorine and 1 other person
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
Thanks bud. Pink Floyd music is my life. I feel a majority of their songs fit me perfectly.
They're my favourite band, i love them, i also have some vinyls of theirs. And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon :)

• Love
Reactions: Metalhead, Faraway1990 and Empty Smile
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
They're my favourite band, i love them, i also have some vinyls of theirs. And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon :)
Love that one!

My favorite line is where I got my screen name from, comes from Wearing The Inside Out.. Not sure if this is the quote you referred to that you like or not, since I have several PF quotes here.

"Extinguished by light
I turn on the night
Wear it's darkness
With an Empty Smile"

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
Love that one!

My favorite line is where I got my screen name from, comes from Wearing The Inside Out.. Not sure if this is the quote you referred to that you like or not, since I have several PF quotes here.

"Extinguished by light
I turn on the night
Wear it's darkness
With an Empty Smile"
i love that one too, i think every song gives me something to think about, I also love the whole wish you were here album, it's a great mix of lyrics and instrumental. BUt so is every PF album. For example i can relate to ''remember when you were young, you shone like the sun, now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky''. Also RIP Crazy Diamond.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empty Smile
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
i love that one too, i think every song gives me something to think about, I also love the whole wish you were here album, it's a great mix of lyrics and instrumental. BUt so is every PF album.
It does. It makes you think a lot about life and death. It puts everything in perspective.

The thing I love about PF, is they keep the music flow going along smoothly with the lyrics. I can't think of any other band that does it.

They can also keep the music at a calming effect without the use of heavy metal or grunge music.

chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
It does. It makes you think a lot about life and death. It puts everything in perspective.

The thing I love about PF, is they keep the music flow going along smoothly with the lyrics. I can't think of any other band that does it.

They can also keep the music at a calming effect without the use of heavy metal or grunge music.
I can think of radiohead and sufjan stevens too, which are not the same as PF but close as far as my taste goes. I also listen to metal too though. I like to listen to many genres.

Reactions: Goneforgood, Arskam and Empty Smile
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
I can think of radiohead and sufjan stevens too, which are not the same as PF but close as far as my taste goes. I also listen to metal too though. I like to listen to many genres.
I like some of the hard rock and heavy metal, as well... Ozzy being my other favorite.

chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I like some of the hard rock and heavy metal, as well... Ozzy being my other favorite.
i like ozzy too :) also system of a down, metallica, and some of bowie (not hard rock but anyway)

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
i like ozzy too :) also system of a down, metallica, and some of bowie (not hard rock but anyway)
I've never been a Bowie fan. There's some Billy Idol songs I like. Metallica, Pantera, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses.. I'm the 70s and 80s classic rock music fan as you can see! I really quit staying caught up when the 90s hit though.

I feel like your thread just got derailed.

Reactions: Goneforgood, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and chlorine
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I'm guessing around 8?
Age 12/13? - Hanging...eith an elasticated skipping rope because I was stupid
Age 16 - Overdose
Age 18 - Train chickened out
Age 20 - Cliff but chickened out... Did this a couple times
Age 21 - Bridge but someone pulled me back
A couple weeks ago I tried to hang myself too but that failed because I can't make myself pass out

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Broken Chimera and chlorine
efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
Trying to hang myself with my school tie when I was like 9 - obviously failed because it wasn't even a proper noose and I did it from my light so I just ended up pulling the whole wire out of the ceiling
Overdosing at 19 with propranolol - I did succeed but got resuscitated, unlucky

• Aww..
Reactions: not_a_robot and chlorine
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
4 total over 5 years, 2 in the past year. 5th time's the charm.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and not_a_robot
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Somewhere around 9 times, starting before the age of 12. They were largely all before I turned 18, and were all stupid methods that just caused me to have seizures or sleep for a few days. (Parents never took me to the hospital for anything; I survived out of spite apparently)

Reactions: not_a_robot
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I've detailed it somewhere around here. How, is less important, all i can say is it was really stupid and it happened due to me not thinking coz i was tired, pushing myself too hard.

Oh yeah, here's the post.
I read the post but it doesn't really say what happened ….
3 dumb failed attempts as a teenager with OTC pills
Tried again 1.21.18 (decades later) with 140mg flexeril, 4 oz whisky and pepto bismo so as not to puke, but saved my life, I think.

I would try flexeril and booze together again in a heart beat if I had solid info on lethal doses.

Last edited:
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Short version: 1) I always liked my music LOUD. Like STUPID LOUD. 2) For the past year i'd been vaping to the point of nicotine poisoning every day without realizing, vaping was too convenient and i pretty much puffed on it all day. As a result of 2) i'd been sleeping like shit for quite a while (and didn't stop to ponder why coz i was working my ass off all the time). and 3) Had a dumb accident with a firecracker this new year's.

The result is damaged auditory nerve. Outer and middle ear are perfect, it's the inner ear and nerves that got damaged, and that can't be healed.