Are you holding on (to life) for the sake of others?

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Are you holding off CTB for the sake of others? If you feel like sharing- Who? How long have you been holding on for? Do you think you can continue to hold on for them? Do you get pissed off when people call suicide selfish? Especially if you have been holding on for a long period?

I'm holding on for my Dad. Before that, it was him and other loved ones. I've had ideation for 33 years although- to varying intensities. The last few years have been especially difficult. I hope I can just limp on through to the finish line now although- I have to confess, my personal situation isn't as trying as some people here. It's still not going to be a picnic though!

It really annoys me when people just automatically label suicides as selfish though. They usually have no idea about how much that person has suffered, all the things they might have tried or considered to avoid CTB and how long they have lived with all that.

It almost makes you think it's worth ringing up all the people you are holding on for daily and saying: It was an awful day again but you know what? I'm doing it all for you. I wonder how quickly they'd tire of being made to feel guilty.

• Hugs
Reactions: грустная сука, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
S

SuicidalRabbit

I simply don't deserve friends
Nov 9, 2023
Do you get pissed off when people call suicide selfish?
Yes, especially since my ex-love said that to me over text right before calling the cops on me to force me back into the psych ward.

I'm currently living for my mother, but when she dies or I fail school then it I would attempt ctb'ing again

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
грустная сука

грустная сука

сладких снов~
Dec 24, 2023
🙋🏻‍♀️

I was actually just telling someone earlier that it's mostly guilt (and love) that has kept me holding on for this long. It can be really difficult to justify CTB when you have young children.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Forever Sleep
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Holding on partially because 1. Me dying / disappearing would likely upset certain people who I love & don't wanna put through that, 2. Certain other people (narcissists) would use me as another sob story of people around them & how hard they have it & ohh the humanity why God why but oh well life goes on so anyway- & deep down my spiteful arrogant ass refuses to become a footnote in someone else's autobiography & 3. Mostly out of spite as well, I wanna leave a good legacy before I go, not there yet

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Forever Sleep
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
My children

• Hugs
Reactions: грустная сука and Forever Sleep
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
The world ends with my death, call it selfish but I'm sure they will manage just fine with me gone.

So i voted no 😉

Reactions: Forever Sleep
MidnightCat

MidnightCat

Still 3 more lives to go.
Jan 1, 2023
My dad passed away recently... I saw on first hand the void someone leaves behind and it was atrocious.

I've been holding on CTB so others would not suffer for quite some time... But seeing what happened with him...

It made it even more hard.

I hate the feeling that I'm chained to life.

• Love
Reactions: Joarga and Forever Sleep