• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Ive just started seeing a new therapist. We've had two sessions, n i think im already starting to see signs tht she might not be a good fit. How long should i give it before i call it quits w her?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
depends. sometimes its a direct nope from the second you see the person, sometimes it takes a while, you swear its not happening but then something happens to change your mind.
it depends on how you feel. if its minor id say give it a bit longer.

quitting my therapist was easy, she refused to listen to me and therefore gave wrong advice for what i need

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
everyones unique, id say theres usually merit to sticking through what may just be your personal anxieties and biases and them still figuring you out, trust and understanding take time to click. ive had to wait like 2 months on both of my last therapists before i felt fully capable of moving past "explanations" speak to "conversation" speak

but its different for all and obviously if they really fuck up and make you uncomfortable or insult you etc, say "bye bitch"

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
In my opinion it's easier to break things off earlier rather than later. That being said there's some value in giving a chance... but in my experience once I find reason not to trust someone it's difficult to undo that. So if the challenges you're having affect trust then it might not be worth sticking around. But that's just my experience. This is unfortunately one of those things where there's no right answer, just personal preference.