per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
Hey all,

Been thinking through a situation I'm in regarding the logistics of how people would find my corpse if I hung myself (partially) in my dorm room. For the record, I live in a single room, and I have no friends and don't get visitors (except in extremely rare circumstances, like mandatory dorm inspections), so I would be able to easily reserve enough time to die from hanging if I went through with it. The thing I'm curious about is, how long would it take for people to find my body? I'm not sure in what circumstances someone would, for example, file a missing person report on campus (I once went an entire week without responding to messages/going to class/interacting with anyone from the outside world in preparation for a suicide attempt and drew no suspicion). Any estimates on how long it would take?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, Red Desert, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
Taking into account that you are at a university with dorms, there may be a high chance that someone will be able to find you in time and help ypu in some way, as the method you are going to use (hanging) makes noises as the body convulses. If someone hears the noises, they may become suspicious and try to help you, so i would recommend another place for you to do this.

Don't get me wrong, but you should choose an ideal place where you know there will be no one around to try to help you. Furthermore, you must be prepared to fight with yourself since the SI (survival instinct) tends to be stronger, so i recommend you take it easy and not act on impulse.

• Hugs
Reactions: SpiritualDeath, DeadlineDialer, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
If you do it during the day with music , i dont think it would be a problem if you make noise, if you are allowed music in your dorm of course.

If it's cold outside , open the window , your body will take longer to decompose and smell, so it will take more time to be discover.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Please don't do this in your dorm room since there is a chance your roommates will walk in and get traumatized. College students are vulnerable. Is there a better option/location?

Last edited:
per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
Please don't do this in your dorm room since there is a chance your roommates will walk in and get traumatized. College students are vulnerable. Is there a better option/location?
as I said in the OP, I live in a single room. I suspect the people who will find me will either be custodial workers or campus security (possibly after hearing a report from the RAs detecting a strange odor coming from my room as I decompose)

Reactions: sad_rock
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
as I said in the OP, I live in a single room. I suspect the people who will find me will either be custodial workers or campus security (possibly after hearing a report from the RAs detecting a strange odor coming from my room as I decompose)
oh sorry for misreading!