bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
ABOUT Survival Instincts:

Self-preservation is the process of an organism preventing itself from being harmed or killed and is considered a basic instinct in all organisms.

As humans when we are stressed or in danger, the brain's hypothalamus is activated. It releases a series of chemicals and nerve cell responses that readies for the impending scenario. Adrenaline is released into the bloodstream, our heart rate increases; blood is pumped more quickly into our muscles and limbs. Our awareness, sight, and impulses all intensify and quicken. All these responses are autonomic.

Then how does one overcome the survival instinct for self-preservation? In a word, it is through practice; and practice makes deadly perfection! People who commit suicide literally "work up" to the act by getting used to danger, fear, and pain. With enough practice, self-injury and dangerous situations become non-threatening, if not mundane, making suicide easier to carry out.

Many consider those who commit suicide as weak; but in actuality, they have achieved fearlessness. In my opinion, one cannot commit suicide without being fearless, and what is more interesting is that this behavior is learned through practice.

In the case of our late friend, Letze (Dani), he practiced rigorously until he was no longer fearful of death. Death to him as he related: Was simply another aspect of living. In fact, he was so comfortable with the idea of suicide, he decided to go with the SN method instead of the Exit Bag because he wanted to feel the process of dying and felt that the Bag was too painless and peaceful.
@Greenberg, in the case of the inert gas method, I wonder whether SI is as relevant? Provided you don't have an innate terror of plastic bags, isn't there hardly any time to back out of your decision? If you can manage to remain calm for say, 30 seconds, aren't you good to go?

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg, Deleted member 23726 and Mare Imbrium
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
@Greenberg, in the case of the inert gas method, I wonder whether SI is as relevant? Provided you don't have an innate terror of plastic bags, isn't there hardly any time to back out of your decision? If you can manage to remain calm for say, 30 seconds, aren't you good to go?
Any time when vision is obstructed or the (bag/mask) enclosure fogs or heats up, an immediate and instinctual SI response may result. For those cases, it is better the individual closes their eyes and attempts to relax and wait for the onset of unconsciousness. People with severe anxiety should consider the use of antidepressants to minimize SI.

Reactions: bov
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Was it a bad experience because of how you were feeling at that time of when you did it? Or did the Nitrogen experience in specific make you feel bad?

I would much rather use a diving mask, but I'm still trying to figure out where I can get an adapter, but if I can't get an adapter then I'll just use the bag but it will be my very last resort.

Its not the Nitrogen which made me feel / think / feel weird, it was the fact of doing it, was different from what I or anyone can imagine.

Adapter? The CGA-580 or 530 some shit like that? I got it at ebay, think I saw it accidentally on Amazon couple weeks ago. Or some other site like so...

Oh I remember having to get the adapter to fit the regulator... can't exactly remember correctly where I found it but I believe it was a Mexican, where I live, s mexican gas small business. They shipped it to me. Called 10, 20 places almost year and a half ago... Until I found it .. I found it on the web now that I remember, a website of a gas company , cga-some shitty number to cga-some shitty number

Reactions: patheticpartner and Greenberg
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Its not the Nitrogen which made me feel / think / feel weird, it was the fact of doing it, was different from what I or anyone can imagine.

Adapter? The CGA-580 or 530 some shit like that? I got it at ebay, think I saw it accidentally on Amazon couple weeks ago. Or some other site like so...

Oh I remember having to get the adapter to fit the regulator... can't exactly remember correctly where I found it but I believe it was a Mexican, where I live, s mexican gas small business. They shipped it to me. Called 10, 20 places almost year and a half ago... Until I found it .. I found it on the web now that I remember, a website of a gas company , cga-some shitty number to cga-some shitty number
Oh okay thank you so much. Do you know where we get the iv tubing from?
Oh okay thank you so much. Do you know where we get the iv tubing from?

Do you know if the tubing has to have a special measurement to fit the gas cylinder? Or are they all the same standard size?

Reactions: Greenberg
J

johntee2

Jan 17, 2021
Any method can go wrong. Even shooting yourself can go awry if the bullet misses everything.
The hypoxic method is very effective but requires a lot of precision. Ideally you'd need a buddy to make sure the flow rates kept up and that the setup didn't come undone after you passed out.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
Does it rally require that much prep? Tank, tubing, plastic hood. That's it.
oh it is easy to fuck up even the simplest thing, and ctb is no simple thing.