Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
But don't we need the adapter for the nitrogen and diving mask method? And the adapter I think is only available in Europe

I'm not sure what you're specifically referring to. The CGA-580 adjustable nitrogen flow rate control regulator that my source charges $69.95 for which is used to inflate car and bicycle tires?

Nitrogen adapters are certainly available for home brewing and tire inflation kits in the United States, and I'm not aware of any restrictions on the acquisition of any nitrogen adapters and regulators for non CTB purposes here. And if something was available in Europe but not the United States, my sister has contacts in Switzerland which could obtain and personally deliver whatever I need during one of their many returns to visit the States.

Reactions: Spitfire
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Posts like this let me know you haven't done much real research. If you had, you would know that "blocking" the tube isn't going to happen. The same with the tube falling out of the bag. You are literally describing thins that if you had researched the construction, you would know aren't going to happen.

• Love
Reactions: Butterfly65 and Greenberg
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Posts like this let me know you haven't done much real research. If you had, you would know that "blocking" the tube isn't going to happen. The same with the tube falling out of the bag. You are literally describing thins that if you had researched the construction, you would know aren't going to happen.
I only researched about the diving mask and tank, but then I found out I needed an adapter and it's only available for European equipment
I'm not sure what you're specifically referring to. The CGA-580 adjustable nitrogen flow rate control regulator that my source charges $69.95 for which is used to inflate car and bicycle tires?

Nitrogen adapters are certainly available for home brewing and tire inflation kits in the United States, and I'm not aware of any restrictions on the acquisition of any nitrogen adapters and regulators for non CTB purposes here. And if something was available in Europe but not the United States, my sister has contacts in Switzerland which could obtain and personally deliver whatever I need during one of their many returns to visit the States.
I heard we need an adapter so we can use a nitrogen tank as an oxygen tank or else the diving mask wouldn't work on the tank. If all the equipment is european then the adapter would work, but a tank from the US wont be compatible with the adapter from europe and the adapter isnt available in the US.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Posts like this let me know you haven't done much real research. If you had, you would know that "blocking" the tube isn't going to happen. The same with the tube falling out of the bag. You are literally describing thins that if you had researched the construction, you would know aren't going to haI ag

I agree with you absolutely @Aap! (By the way, I really like your straight-up, direct approach from your posts.)

There are just too many new users who are too lazy or incapable to do the requisite research to fully understand the method(s) they are considering. They expect others to hand them the answers on a silver platter. And then, they ask the same questions over and over again to others to arrive at a general consensus and conclude it is close enough to the truth.

They have no confidence in their own abilities to arrive at an independent conclusion. These are the same people I believe are not really serious about CBT; they are simply wasting our time!

Reactions: Butterfly65 and Aap
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
I agree with you absolutely @Aap! (By the way, I really like your straight-up, direct approach from your posts.)

There are just too many new users who are too lazy or incapable to do the requisite research to fully understand the method(s) they are considering. They expect others to hand them the answers on a silver platter. And then, they ask the same questions over and over again to others to arrive at a general consensus and conclude it is close enough to the truth.

They have no confidence in their own abilities to arrive at an independent conclusion. These are the same people I believe are not really serious about CBT; they are simply wasting our time!
I haven't done much research yet on the bag method because I was really hoping the diving mask would work for me. I don't have confidence in my own abilities that's true, I am always insecure and that's one of the reasons why I want to ctb. I have a dependent personality and I see myself being eaten alive if I decide to stay. I'm sorry if I bothered you or anyone else with my questions, I did not mean it, you said it was okay to ask you whatever questions I have and took that as the green light, but anyway, thank you for answering my previous inquiries. I won't bother you anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bauhaus, Lastsauce, WearyOfStruggling and 2 others
K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
It can seem pricey, but if you have the cash to pay for everything and do not ever have to pay for anything else ever again, it's a completely moot point.

What I like about nitrogen and the application of a mask held against the face is that this method can be practiced. From what I gather, the experience is like going under anesthesia, so abrupt that the survival instinct has no chance to resist before consciousness is overcome.

Since I already have a car that's paid off, I have the means to travel wherever I need to for achieving CTB with no risk of interruptions.

Hello Gnip. I'm posting because I'm still concerned about the psychological and physiological aspects of SI. I have all the gear, as well as the N. I also have a diagnosis of CPTSD with a panic disorder. I've read of some of the fails with the exit bag, and I know that I can't imagine what that must be like to internalize.
Do you have any advice for someone who just might personally encounter an attempt to pull the bag off? Thanks everyone for your time.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Hello Gnip. I'm posting because I'm still concerned about the psychological and physiological aspects of SI. I have all the gear, as well as the N. I also have a diagnosis of CPTSD with a panic disorder. I've read of some of the fails with the exit bag, and I know that I can't imagine what that must be like to internalize.
Do you have any advice for someone who just might personally encounter an attempt to pull the bag off? Thanks everyone for your time.

From what LetzeAusfahrt described in his experiments, one might succumb so quickly that they could lose consciousness before something like that could happen.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-method-and-pain.46853/

I am inclined to defer to posters like @Greenberg on such questions pending my own opportunities to experiment with nitrogen the way Letze did (I may need to wait a while before I can experiment on myself like that - it seems as though it might be a terrific way to induce rapid somatic relaxation and sleep after taking sleep medications). Letze thoroughly familiarized himself with the rapid effects of pure nitrogen gas. That to me may set nitrogen apart from other methods. Obtaining a mask for myself like the one he practiced with could be pricey, but again, it is not as if I am concerned about expenses over the long term. I have an enormous amount to learn though. (Again, I defer to posters like @Greenberg on these matters for the interim.)

Presumably with a panic disorder, you also have a prescription for a potent benzodiazepine like clonazepam to counteract any tendency to pull the bag off.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg and Spitfire
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Grip makes good points but I don't recommend taking a drug that will decrease your alertness.

Reactions: Spitfire
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Grip makes good points but I don't recommend taking a drug that will decrease your alertness.

You are another of the posters I respect and defer to, as the creator of that Inert Gas Method and Pain thread.

Personal experiences with benzodiazepines vary wildly, but in my own personal case, clonazepam has never done anything to compromise my alertness, it was simply a calming agent when I was clinically anxious.

I have plastic turkey oven roaster bags which I have routinely placed over my head, at first to make sure they provided adequately comfortable room, then I got used to having my head inside them. My interest in obtaining a mask is simply to practice experiencing the effects of pure nitrogen inhalation, something an exit bag would not allow.

Letze really did his homework and knew what he was doing. I would like to emulate that in 2021.

Reactions: Greenberg, bov and Spitfire
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
You are another of the posters I respect and defer to, as the creator of that Inert Gas Method and Pain thread.

Personal experiences with benzodiazepines vary wildly, but in my own personal case, clonazepam has never done anything to compromise my alertness, it was simply a calming agent when I was clinically anxious.

I have plastic turkey oven roaster bags which I have routinely placed over my head, at first to make sure they provided adequately comfortable room, then I got used to having my head inside them. My interest in obtaining a mask is simply to practice experiencing the effects of pure nitrogen inhalation, something an exit bag would not allow.

Letze really did his homework and knew what he was doing. I would like to emulate that in 2021.
I have experimented with an exit bag. It's not easy but it can be done, and in a way it's even better, because once you're unconscious there's no way to hold the bag over your mouth and nose, your hands fall away, and you wake up.

The euphoria experienced in the final moments of consciousness was really amazing.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming, dandan, Greenberg and 1 other person
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
I have experimented with an exit bag. It's not easy but it can be done, and in a way it's even better, because once you're unconscious there's no way to hold the bag over your mouth and nose, your hands fall away, and you wake up.

The euphoria experienced in the final moments of consciousness was really amazing.
You're saying you held the bag over your head without pulling the drawstring closed? Seems like risky experimentation

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I remember reading it was oven-type turkey cooking roaster bags were the top choice.

I think I really like the mask idea better though, probably, not totally sure yet though?

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020

What makes the exit bag "not easy" if I may ask? What were the hardships you faced?

Reactions: dandan
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
You're saying you held the bag over your head without pulling the drawstring closed? Seems like risky experimentation
No. At the end of my dry run, instead of pulling the bag down over my head (the drawstring is already closed; with the elastic, you set it ahead of time and never mess with it again) I carefully removed it from my head, while keeping the bag closed tightly and vertical because N2 is still slightly lighter than air, then tilted my head back so I was looking up, and held the bag opening over my mouth and nose with my hands in such a way there was a good seal that was hard to hold. Once I was out, that seal was gone and the bag fell away.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium, Greenberg, bov and 1 other person
R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
No. At the end of my dry run, instead of pulling the bag down over my head (the drawstring is already closed; with the elastic, you set it ahead of time and never mess with it again) I carefully removed it from my head, while keeping the bag closed tightly and vertical because N2 is still slightly lighter than air, then tilted my head back so I was looking up, and held the bag opening over my mouth and nose with my hands in such a way there was a good seal that was hard to hold. Once I was out, that seal was gone and the bag fell away.
how did you form a tight seal around the hose?

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
how did you form a tight seal around the hose?
There's no good way to describe it. you just do the best to keep it as sealed as possible. Just as on your neck, it doesn't have to be perfect because the bag is positive pressure. Just keep outside air out, is the main goal here.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
There's no good way to describe it. you just do the best to keep it as sealed as possible. Just as on your neck, it doesn't have to be perfect because the bag is positive pressure. Just keep outside air out, is the main goal here.
Why have you chosen a bag instead of a diving mask? Is it cus the mask would make things more complicated?

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Why have you chosen a bag instead of a diving mask? Is it cus the mask would make things more complicated?
Exactly. The whole point is to create and maintain an oxygen-free environment around your head. Bag does it. Mask: just the face. And if there's a leak, then it's failure. And who's to say you don't twitch a little after you're unconscious and disturb the seal? Now you missed the bus and you're brain damaged. So that's why I'm sticking with the bag: where an inert environment all the way around my head is nearly guaranteed, unless the bag gets torn off but that only happens when people leave oxygen in the system or don't purge CO2.

• Love
Reactions: Bauhaus, WearyOfStruggling and Greenberg
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Exactly. The whole point is to create and maintain an oxygen-free environment around your head. Bag does it. Mask: just the face. And if there's a leak, then it's failure. And who's to say you don't twitch a little after you're unconscious and disturb the seal? Now you missed the bus and you're brain damaged. So that's why I'm sticking with the bag: where an inert environment all the way around my head is nearly guaranteed, unless the bag gets torn off but that only happens when people leave oxygen in the system or don't purge CO2.
But what if the bag falls off if you convulse when you're unconscious? That's what's scaring me when it comes to the bag

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
But what if the bag falls off if you convulse when you're unconscious? That's what's scaring me when it comes to the bag
It's my understanding the only convulsions that take place after you go unconscious are some uncoordinated twitches and/or contraction/relaxation of the arms and legs, but that should be it. If you've sat in a recliner or secured yourself in another way so you can't roll off a bed or disturb anything, there shouldn't be an issue.

• Love
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, Greenberg and Deleted member 23726
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
It's my understanding the only convulsions that take place after you go unconscious are some uncoordinated twitches and/or contraction/relaxation of the arms and legs, but that should be it. If you've sat in a recliner or secured yourself in another way so you can't roll off a bed or disturb anything, there shouldn't be an issue.
I heard that it could cause your body to shake uncontrollably as well, but don't know how reliable the source of information is.

R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
How do ou ensure there is no oxygen in the system? And how do you purge CO2?

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Refer to 5 Last Acts and/or PPH about hyperventilating, exhaling fully and the "scrunch method."

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Dude, take a bag, put affix elastic around the base, put it over your head, tighten the elastic, and shake it off. Try really hard...run around the room if you like...do a cartwheel. In 60 seconds or less you will be ripping the freaking bag off your head and realize your hours of posting and worrying about this were completely wasted effort.

Why don't you try that and not post again about the bag coming off until you have done that?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg and bov
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
From what LetzeAusfahrt described in his experiments, one might succumb so quickly that they could lose consciousness before something like that could happen.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-method-and-pain.46853/

I am inclined to defer to posters like @Greenberg on such questions pending my own opportunities to experiment with nitrogen the way Letze did (I may need to wait a while before I can experiment on myself like that - it seems as though it might be a terrific way to induce rapid somatic relaxation and sleep after taking sleep medications). Letze thoroughly familiarized himself with the rapid effects of pure nitrogen gas. That to me may set nitrogen apart from other methods. Obtaining a mask for myself like the one he practiced with could be pricey, but again, it is not as if I am concerned about expenses over the long term. I have an enormous amount to learn though. (Again, I defer to posters like @Greenberg on these matters for the interim.)

Presumably with a panic disorder, you also have a prescription for a potent benzodiazepine like clonazepam to counteract any tendency to pull the bag off.
ABOUT Survival Instincts:

Self-preservation is the process of an organism preventing itself from being harmed or killed and is considered a basic instinct in all organisms.

As humans when we are stressed or in danger, the brain's hypothalamus is activated. It releases a series of chemicals and nerve cell responses that readies for the impending scenario. Adrenaline is released into the bloodstream, our heart rate increases; blood is pumped more quickly into our muscles and limbs. Our awareness, sight, and impulses all intensify and quicken. All these responses are autonomic.

Then how does one overcome the survival instinct for self-preservation? In a word, it is through practice; and practice makes deadly perfection! People who commit suicide literally "work up" to the act by getting used to danger, fear, and pain. With enough practice, self-injury and dangerous situations become non-threatening, if not mundane, making suicide easier to carry out.

Many consider those who commit suicide as weak; but in actuality, they have achieved fearlessness. In my opinion, one cannot commit suicide without being fearless, and what is more interesting is that this behavior is learned through practice.

In the case of our late friend, Letze (Dani), he practiced rigorously until he was no longer fearful of death. Death to him as he related: Was simply another aspect of living. In fact, he was so comfortable with the idea of suicide, he decided to go with the SN method instead of the Exit Bag because he wanted to feel the process of dying and felt that the Bag was too painless and peaceful.

Reactions: dissolve, Deleted member 23726, Mare Imbrium and 1 other person
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Tried it almost two years ago, around 2,3 months before I found Testosterone, and Dianabol, plus hitting the gym. I went from 60kgs to 72kgs in a year or so.

Back to Nitrogen, euphoria is intense. Plus even though I prepared the bag, string, and attaching the hose to the tank, some gas have leaked that I just didn't fully lost consciousness, but the feeling was so disgusting I just said to myself I'll do anything to get N, and so I did. Haven't drank it yet, since I found TRT and dianabol.

This is my first post in this forum since trt began year and a half ago.

The hose to the tank disconnected now that I remember, just for couple seconds, might have been enough to loose the gas.

It's really daunting experience, waiting for unconsciousness was not peaceful but I did not shook my head or anything when I started to loose sight.

I think it needs preparation to execute well.
That means filling the tank more than a couple times and making 2, 3 tests runs.

I failed, but I only went to fill the gas tank once.
I have the tank back home, is not a pretty memory but reminds me how fucked up I was, and tonight I feel almost the same.

It's been a good 1.5 years for me, with few exceptions, like today.
My whole family is happy I'm out of suicidal thoughts and intentions, there surely know as I've shared it with them, even signed some papers about testament and some legal stuff.

No big money or anything, just regarding how my future inherited department would go to my brother if I died.

Nitrogen tank, get a large tank if you can, mine just reaches about my knees I guess. Or so. So the amount of gas could be a problem with any minor leak.

And I thought it would be simpler , people who haven't done it might share indications but experience is so different.

Reactions: patheticpartner, Deleted member 23726 and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I am happy to hear that your suicide ideation is no longer with you! Best regards.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Tried it almost two years ago, around 2,3 months before I found Testosterone, and Dianabol, plus hitting the gym. I went from 60kgs to 72kgs in a year or so.

Back to Nitrogen, euphoria is intense. Plus even though I prepared the bag, string, and attaching the hose to the tank, some gas have leaked that I just didn't fully lost consciousness, but the feeling was so disgusting I just said to myself I'll do anything to get N, and so I did. Haven't drank it yet, since I found TRT and dianabol.

This is my first post in this forum since trt began year and a half ago.

The hose to the tank disconnected now that I remember, just for couple seconds, might have been enough to loose the gas.

It's really daunting experience, waiting for unconsciousness was not peaceful but I did not shook my head or anything when I started to loose sight.

I think it needs preparation to execute well.
That means filling the tank more than a couple times and making 2, 3 tests runs.

I failed, but I only went to fill the gas tank once.
I have the tank back home, is not a pretty memory but reminds me how fucked up I was, and tonight I feel almost the same.

It's been a good 1.5 years for me, with few exceptions, like today.
My whole family is happy I'm out of suicidal thoughts and intentions, there surely know as I've shared it with them, even signed some papers about testament and some legal stuff.

No big money or anything, just regarding how my future inherited department would go to my brother if I died.

Nitrogen tank, get a large tank if you can, mine just reaches about my knees I guess. Or so. So the amount of gas could be a problem with any minor leak.

And I thought it would be simpler , people who haven't done it might share indications but experience is so different.
Was it a bad experience because of how you were feeling at that time of when you did it? Or did the Nitrogen experience in specific make you feel bad?
Dude, take a bag, put affix elastic around the base, put it over your head, tighten the elastic, and shake it off. Try really hard...run around the room if you like...do a cartwheel. In 60 seconds or less you will be ripping the freaking bag off your head and realize your hours of posting and worrying about this were completely wasted effort.
Why don't you try that and not post again about the bag coming off until you have done that?
I would much rather use a diving mask, but I'm still trying to figure out where I can get an adapter, but if I can't get an adapter then I'll just use the bag but it will be my very last resort.

Last edited:
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
Reactions: Bauhaus
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
When I experimented how long it would take to pass out it wasn't bad at all.
Just tingling, tunnel vision and ringing/white noise in my ears

Then there are those who manage to accidentally kill themselves in an unlikely manner.
That's so sad :(

Reactions: Lastsauce