👁

👁️👃👁️

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Just watched this LONG video.. whew boy..

L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I don't find it tragic. I mean at her age, it could be expected that she could pass at any moment.

Reactions: rationaltake
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Maybe some people are calling is sad because her son, Charles, is now king. That's kinda understandable, really.

• Yay!
Reactions: CatLover, callme and rationaltake
L

Le_Dauphin

Dec 2, 2021
The reaction to the death of the queen is making me think about life and death - and privilege.

If you're lucky enough to be born wealthy and have good health and a reasonable family then you can feasibly enjoy life while your good fortune lasts. Seize the day! Make hay when the sun shines! And have the back-up of the best assisted suicide plan for when you get old or ill.

The privileged seem to see age and illness - and possibly death - as a personal affront. Maybe that's what they mean by tragedy.

I see PN's Exit International as part of this and I feel it's for the privileged and monied. That's why PN concentrates on older people and doesn't encourage those with psychological issues. It's to ensure that those with privileged lives can have privileged deaths.

The way she conveniently died just before becoming crippled by age, unlike her mother became before she died at 102, back in 2002 really had me thinking if she has commited assisted suicide.

Reactions: rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
The way she conveniently died just before becoming crippled by age, unlike her mother became before she died at 102, back in 2002 really had me thinking if she has commited assisted suicide.
She was around for the Jubilee and then had a last summer in Scotland. She received the new Prime Minister. Both her oldest children were up in Scotland before her death. It all seems planned to me. And as you say no lingering illness.

Apparently the queen's grandfather King George V was euthanised by his doctor. Given morphine and cocaine. Though he was already dying and the doctor made the decision. I've heard that wasn't unusual in those days.

Though I would guess the queen herself would have decided when and if she wanted to be helped on her way.

• Informative
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, CatLover and Le_Dauphin
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Bambi is dead, Bambi is dead! About time, isn't it?