Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
The one last thing I want to give my parents is making it to college because that's like the ultimate thing for a parent and their child I guess. But anyways, how is college for you if you're in it? Is the work and assignments stressful? Also if you work, how do you manage that and school?

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm Ukrainian, so my mileage probably wearies. I studied for 4 years purely 1 on 1 because there was nobody else in my group - then 2020 came and I did it online, and then 2022 came and the teacher was super lenient even though I was too depressed to do my final thesis. And then I enrolled in a different course with 18 year old girls who munched on buns and drank coffee - prompting me outright to leave because I was so unused to the normie smell. Now I'm online again because my mom agreed that walking outside is dangerous due to government thugs kidnapping people.

P.S. Is that a femboy in your avatar?

• Hugs
Reactions: Gloomislost
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I have had a Business degree since 2020 and that BS doesn't just stand for Bachelors in Science. I imagine most of the actual work you'd have to do in college is ridiculously easy as long as you have access to Chegg, Quizlet, and ChatGPT. I had access to the first two when I was going to college but it meant I didn't actually learn anything that stuck in my mind enough to enter a successful career, which is the main reason most parents would want their offspring to enter college in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Gloomislost
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
I'm Ukrainian, so my mileage probably wearies. I studied for 4 years purely 1 on 1 because there was nobody else in my group - then 2020 came and I did it online, and then 2022 came and the teacher was super lenient even though I was too depressed to do my final thesis. And then I enrolled in a different course with 18 year old girls who munched on buns and drank coffee - prompting me outright to leave because I was so unused to the normie smell. Now I'm online again because my mom agreed that walking outside is dangerous due to government thugs kidnapping people.

P.S. Is that a femboy in your avatar?
Jesus, you went through it all because of covid. Also no lol my avatar is me </3
I have had a Business degree since 2020 and that BS doesn't just stand for Bachelors in Science. I imagine most of the actual work you'd have to do in college is ridiculously easy as long as you have access to Chegg, Quizlet, and ChatGPT. I had access to the first two when I was going to college but it meant I didn't actually learn anything that stuck in my mind enough to enter a successful career, which is the main reason most parents would want their offspring to enter college in the first place.
I'm probably just gonna wing it. I'm the first born anyways so they've been WAITING for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Kino_

Kino_

Aug 29, 2023
As for the so called "college experience", it depends on how social you are and how lucky you get. If you meet the right people, I'd assume you'll have a blast. If not, then you're probably going to spend most of your time alone.

As for work and assignments, it depends on what you're majoring in. If you're going to go into science, get ready for a relatively big workload and labs. If you're going into business, there's the stereotype that it's one of the lightest majors out there and people I've talked with in business seem to have a light workload too. If you're going to get into engineering, forget about grades lol.

The stress portion of it depends on how organized you are imo. For me, I won't say I have a ton of assignments, but if I don't stay on top of them, it'll pile up pretty quickly

Also, working while studying can be manageable but it depends on how many courses you're taking. A full course load and working would be extremely difficult, but taking a lighter course load while working is manageable.

Anyways, I'm only in my first year so take what I say with a grain of salt lol

• Love
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
It depends on what college and what career path you're doing. Some majors in some colleges might be very easy and you can do whatever you want most of the time and some other colleges and majors you'll be studying/working every day and barely sleeping. I'm doing CS in a pretty competitive college so my courseload is horrible, I'm studying or working most of the time, not fun but I'm almost done.

• Love
Reactions: middlelord and Gloomislost
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
It depends on what college and what career path you're doing. Some majors in some colleges might be very easy and you can do whatever you want most of the time and some other colleges and majors you'll be studying/working every day and barely sleeping. I'm doing CS in a pretty competitive college so my courseload is horrible, I'm studying or working most of the time, not fun but I'm almost done.
As for the so called "college experience", it depends on how social you are and how lucky you get. If you meet the right people, I'd assume you'll have a blast. If not, then you're probably going to spend most of your time alone.

As for work and assignments, it depends on what you're majoring in. If you're going to go into science, get ready for a relatively big workload and labs. If you're going into business, there's the stereotype that it's one of the lightest majors out there and people I've talked with in business seem to have a light workload too. If you're going to get into engineering, forget about grades lol.

The stress portion of it depends on how organized you are imo. For me, I won't say I have a ton of assignments, but if I don't stay on top of them, it'll pile up pretty quickly

Also, working while studying can be manageable but it depends on how many courses you're taking. A full course load and working would be extremely difficult, but taking a lighter course load while working is manageable.

Anyways, I'm only in my first year so take what I say with a grain of salt lol
Good luck to both of you, honestly. College seems like high school but the "better version" so I'm hoping it goes well. I honestly just want my associates in general knowledge or something, so I can say I have a degree.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I enjoyed college, it was nice to learn and gain knowledge in a setting of like-minded peers who were all there for the same goal. I enjoyed learning for the sake of learning, and I enjoyed having an academic-focused environment. Personally, I majored in a STEM subject, and there was a heavy workload, there was a lot of work and a lot of lab classes (which took a lot of time). I didn't do much socializing or networking in college though, I would advise to do that. You should connect and network with your peers and professors. College is about building professional relationships as well, and unfortunately I neglected that part in my college experience. There's a saying "It's not about what you know but who you know."

TLDR: college is a nice place to further your education, but it's mainly a place to gain connections and professional opportunities.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gloomislost and Final_Choice
middlelord

middlelord

Oct 22, 2023
[FONT=monospace, monospace]Is it worth it? Well that depends where you're gonna go to college and what you are you going to study.
[/FONT]
[FONT=monospace, monospace]If you're in the US and planning to study using a student loan for a normal Uni. It might not be worth it right now.[/FONT]

[FONT=monospace, monospace]Unless ur going to Harvard and the likes, consider community college or applying for a grant/scholarship to Uni abroad.[/FONT]

Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
[FONT=monospace, monospace]Is it worth it? Well that depends where you're gonna go to college and what you are you going to study.
[/FONT]
[FONT=monospace, monospace]If you're in the US and planning to study using a student loan for a normal Uni. It might not be worth it right now.[/FONT]

[FONT=monospace, monospace]Unless ur going to Harvard and the likes, consider community college or applying for a grant/scholarship to Uni abroad.[/FONT]
That's actually a really good idea! I might go to a community College in a different town because being where I am right now just feels so small.

weirdog

weirdog

Mar 5, 2024
its worth it , i failed tho.

• Aww..