• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Christo

Oct 10, 2023
I know what your thinking, that this is too good to be true, thats exactly what I would have thought in the past. But hang on, I promise that this is possible just read through this post and keep an open mind.

First, I will give you a quick summary of my own story. My childhood trauma lasted 8 years before I became an adult, and it caused me to feel depressed for over 20 years. As an adult, I believed I needed to earn more money. I also sought advice from doctors and spiritual teachers on how to live a happy life. I realized that I should follow their teachings. Well, it took me 11 years to try everything I could find or come up with. I believed I was broken from childhood trauma. Nothing fixed my depression. Techniques, exercises, medicine, and lifestyle changes brought temporary relief. But negative emotions always returned. Day after day, I destroyed my life with junk food, drugs, video games, and movies. I tried a healthy lifestyle repeatedly, encouraged by others. I thought I was weak because I couldn't stay persistent, but I had to try again and again. But nothing worked. I couldn't imagine myself living in this depression for the rest of my life so I decided it was time to end this life. I researched and decided to go with the exit bag method. One night, I had a thought: what if emotions aren't negative? What if emotions signal the body to be alert and ready? Long story short, I was a completely different person emotionally after that night. I went from living hell to heaven that I didn't even know existed. Overnight, my addictions to junk food, alcohol, drugs, and video games vanished. I no longer felt compelled to turn to these things for comfort. I used to dislike activities such as cleaning, working, socializing, and attending events. Suddenly, everything became enjoyable for me. Even boring tasks like cleaning my house brought me a sense of calm and peace. Let's move on to the practical stuff. I put it together based on my life experience. It can change your life too!

The cycle of life

1. You experienced negative emotions due to past trauma. Your subconscious mind connected those emotions to dangerous life situations. Negative feelings arose, prompting you to flee danger and save yourself.

2. Our subconscious mind constantly tries to predict dangerous situations. When our mind recognizes similarities between past trauma and the present, it automatically activates emotions that we perceive as negative. This, in turn, makes us feel uncomfortable. If this cycle keeps repeating itself, it turns into depression.

3. Whenever we feel depressed, we subconsciously seek ways to feel better. This will lead to eating junk food, drinking alcohol, doing drugs, playing video games, watching movies, or whatever activity makes you feel better but hurts the body/mind. Most of the time these activities are not healthy, which makes us feel even worse.

4. We seek help from healthcare professionals to analyze our health problems. In my experience, doctors often treat symptoms, not the root cause. When someone has a bad health condition, the doctor prescribes a healthy diet. However, the person frequently struggles to maintain the diet consistently. The reason for this is that the underlying problem persists. They still experience negative emotions and use junk food as an escape. So no matter how hard that person is trying to stay on a healthy diet, they always fall off and go back to junk food. This is just an example with diet. It happens with any activity that is unhealthy for the body. These activities provide short-term emotional relief.

I will use a personal experience to illustrate this point again. I had a psychiatrist appointment where I shared my story. The first solution proposed was to put me on medication. Another time, I visited a psychologist who suggested exercises to manage negative emotions. Can you see the problem? Most of the doctors are treating the symptoms, not the source of the problem.

5. We get stuck in the depression cycle. We self-sabotage because we feel flawed. We understand how to be healthy and improve our well-being. However, we struggle to maintain consistent motivation. This is common because we haven't addressed the root issue, which is negative emotions.

Now that you see the full picture, let's go deeper.

1. Observe your past traumas. See that negative emotions were justified.

2. Compare the emotions you have now with the past trauma emotions. Are they similar?

3. Take these negative emotions and fully feel them. Allow them to surface. If you can't bring up the emotions, continue with your daily routine. When you do feel these emotions, take a moment to yourself. Observe them and try to understand their true nature. Identify where in your body you feel this negativity. The emotion itself is not negative, it's just a signal. It prepares the body for potential danger, giving us energy to fight. It's our survival instinct for dangerous situations. Emotions are not negative. Our mind adds negativity to emotions. Our mind does this to protect us from danger in the past. When you realize this, you start to view emotions differently. The pain and negativity disappear. It just disappears because it's not real. But to come to this realization you need to see the full picture and then piece it back together. You will soon realize that addictions and emotional struggles lose power. Negative feelings no longer drive you, this in turn brings you inner peace. And this is the point where you gain all your strength back and you see that life becomes easy. You might realize that emotions are powerful tools for generating energy. Due to past traumas, we experience strong emotions daily. We are emotionally unstable. This makes us like superhumans with abundant energy, assuming a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes negative feelings can arise when emotions come up, but it's important to recognize that these feelings are not inherently negative. Instead, when negativity arises, delve into the emotion and see that it holds no negativity. Once you do this, the negative feeling around the emotion will vanish, allowing you to continue living happily.

If this helped you in any way please let me know down below.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think this is very similar to what Gabor Mate talks about a lot

Reactions: Kit1 and Christo
C

Christo

Oct 10, 2023
But what if it's abandonment issues? I tried doing what you said, but it just..... got worse. Did I do something wrong?
Sorry, I can't help with such limited information.
If you are open to sharing more about your situation send me a private message so we can chat.

Reactions: Kit1
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I feel like I may have misinterpreted this but I don't understand how reframing your notion on the concept of negative emotions is supposed to help. After all, negative emotions themselves are not the root cause of your issue but rather the consequence of said root cause

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I read your whole thing and am glad it worked for you! :) But idk how to apply it to my own self tho~

C

Christo

Oct 10, 2023
I feel like I may have misinterpreted this but I don't understand how reframing your notion on the concept of negative emotions is supposed to help. After all, negative emotions themselves are not the root cause of your issue but rather the consequence of said root cause
You have a good point, the root cause would be to eliminate the connection between emotions and the past so that the emotions won't even come up in the present moment but I have not been able to find a way to reprogram the subconscious mind that was trained over so many years. The same could be said about the connection between emotions and negative feelings attached to them, but somehow it worked for me.

Reactions: Kit1
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
3. Whenever we feel depressed, we subconsciously seek ways to feel better. This will lead to eating junk food, drinking alcohol, doing drugs, playing video games, watching movies, or whatever activity makes you feel better but hurts the body/mind. Most of the time these activities are not healthy, which makes us feel even worse.
I understand drugs and alcohol, but why are video games and movies included in this list? Is it because people can also get addicted to them? I'm not sure if video games and movies are as bad as drugs and alcohol?

Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
I'm glad that you found a method which helped you the best way, however not everyone can change their mindset within one night. It takes time and the progress is not a liner line, it's all about the way you think and how dedicated you have put no matter how hard life is, not a magic miracle night.

C

Christo

Oct 10, 2023
I understand drugs and alcohol, but why are video games and movies included in this list? Is it because people can also get addicted to them? I'm not sure if video games and movies are as bad as drugs and alcohol?
Well, the thing is, I was playing games or watching movies 6-18 hours a day, that was the problem. Nothing wrong with playing some games or watching movies here and there for a few hours. But it was like a drug for me that helped me to escape reality.