U

User200

Jan 20, 2019
So basically I fell into medication induced depression. Took years of feeling low and desperate till I decided to give these 2 things a try

ADHD med concerta 36mg (somehow managed to get a prescription without psyc knowing it) . It does something with amphetamines and boosts dopamine. Its like slow slow release cocaine throghout the day

It's good enough to make you motivated, give you energy to last a whole day work with overtime, helps with weight loss or maintaining weight cause supresses appetite and at least for me had no trouble drinking or smoking while on it

I guess that dopamine boost will give you the motivation to get things done, you start seeing results which boosts your natural serotonin too

Weed is the second self medication. goes well with concerta . It helps keep you in good moods, keep your creativity and imagination and for me , id say it connects me to the universe

Then maybe some other supplements like ginseng and stuff like that but mostly 1st 2

Unless your not an alcoholic, id recommend getting drunk in weekends with friends as therapy too , making fun memories and stuff

That's pretty much worked for me . I did the complete opposite of what the psychiatrists told me not to do (also ditched their meds)

Oh and music. The healing power of music

(concerta is the same ritalin chemical but more stable and taken once a day only. I dunno how the hell its not used for depression too but anyway)

also these psychiatrists throw in seizure meds to stabilize moods, i wouldnt worry about having or not having adhd to try these , especially while depressed . worth trying : )

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: skaro, ForgottenAgain, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
Funny enough I've been working on getting myself some Ritalin from the doctor. Had the same sort of idea as you. I oscillate between depression and hope at the moment. I have credentials to demand a good wage, so I'm hoping to hang on that for motivation.

Thanks for sharing your experience man. šŸ™

• Love
Reactions: User200 and Praestat_Mori
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
First I want to say you have a crazy amount of tabs open on your browser screenshot :) Then, just want to say thanks for sharing your advice, I totally agree with the music part and I just want to add that exercise or being outdoors is also a good habit in your road to happy days

• Love
Reactions: eatantz and User200
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Thank you so much for sharing this, it makes a lot of sense to me and actually gave me some palpable hope.
It's insane how this post helped me more than 2 weeks of going to the psych hospital appointments.

I wonder if that will help if one has borderline but I'm already in the dumps so I may try that. I really struggle with just having the tiniest bit of energy and motivation to do anything.

Really liked this. I'm feeling like crying but I'm not alone right now to do that. I'm just so desperate for something tangible, this is great.

• Love
Reactions: User200
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I think amphetamines can work for some, but there may be contradictions. For me, they made my depression and anxiety worse. I'm happy they worked for you however.

Weed really doesn't do much to manage my moods. Psychedelics, benzos, and beta blockers are the only medications that have helped my anxiety and depression. I've considered trying vitamin d as well.

I'm not a psychiatrist or pharmacologist so take all of this with a grain of salt. Idk the science behind any of these drugs or how they affect anxiety and depression.

I find meditation, philosophy, religion and spirituality, talking about how I feel, dbt and cbt techniques, and proper diet and exercise helps me manage. I don't think I'll ever be cured.

Managing depression isn't one size fits all imo

• Love
Reactions: User200
U

User200

Jan 20, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing this, it makes a lot of sense to me and actually gave me some palpable hope.
It's insane how this post helped me more than 2 weeks of going to the psych hospital appointments.

I wonder if that will help if one has borderline but I'm already in the dumps so I may try that. I really struggle with just having the tiniest bit of energy and motivation to do anything.

Really liked this. I'm feeling like crying but I'm not alone right now to do that. I'm just so desperate for something tangible, this is great.
I'm glad and I hope things work out for you too. Also I don't trust the psycs much I mean I don't like the concept of being medicated for ever . The doctors seems to love that and will lie to keep forcing you into having expensive appointments with them . It's a bluff they won't let you call pretty much cause atleast here where I live they literally force us
I think amphetamines can work for some, but there may be contradictions. For me, they made my depression and anxiety worse. I'm happy they worked for you however.

Weed really doesn't do much to manage my moods. Psychedelics, benzos, and beta blockers are the only medications that have helped my anxiety and depression. I've considered trying vitamin d as well.

I'm not a psychiatrist or pharmacologist so take all of this with a grain of salt. Idk the science behind any of these drugs or how they affect anxiety and depression.

I find meditation, philosophy, religion and spirituality, talking about how I feel, dbt and cbt techniques, and proper diet and exercise helps me manage. I don't think I'll ever be cured.

Managing depression isn't one size fits all imo
Thanks they did work for me cause I needed help in the area of being low in everything - energy , motivation , libido, creativity , emotional intensity .

Social Anxiety i see as a beginning of an awakening .like after you go through it you realise that you have the right to judge people that make you anxious cause some of them do on purpose . You need to channel the energy thrown at your soul , it's not easy but for me taking weed alone helped me gain insight

General anxiety I never struggled with . Usually happy to lucky kinda guy when it comes to jobs and life tasks in general

Magic mushrooms might help too. The way I see it is if your at peace with your spirit guides , it should be a nice experience , if you did something to anger them badly enough , they won't help you .

By spirit guides I even mean your friends souls and any other person that may popup in your taught process . It's like that Nirvana song, " cause today I found my friends, they're in my head" it's a good feeling , I once laughed for a good hour on "my own"

Anyway the good thing is it's temporary so whatever you'll feel is an experience that will help you cope better sober

Last edited: