• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Heard somewhere that there was a cheap way of filtering out mercaptans from natural gas which gives it that rotten egg/sulphury smell. Since I'm also getting desperate by the day (drank 1 litre of antifreeze and nothing happened), I was wondering if I could fill my living room with gas and oxgen, then light a spark.

Would this be painful? I assume if you get enough gas and ''pack it tightly in the room'', the energy produced in the combustion would be equivalent of a homemade bomb and instead of burning alive, the explosion would cause you to go unconscious instantly.

Reactions: dano6533
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
Not feasible whatsoever. Very contrived and frankly downright silly. I don't doubt your anguish and desire to end things, but desperation does tend to produce poor thinking.

To put it mildly, there's no guarantee that it would not be extremely painful. And obviously, no guarantee that you would even be killed. There's no way to do something like this in a "controlled" way in a living room, and no way to do it in a "controlled" way without being an expert.

Also, this method puts other people's lives and health at risk, which is obviously not acceptable.

Hanging is the surest and most effective method that is available to literally anyone who has the use of their limbs and is not currently locked in a padded cell.

PeskyPapaya

PeskyPapaya

Jun 17, 2018
Maybe go the way of the suicide helmet if you want something explosive. I think thats how death_is_freedom_ from the sanctioned suicide subreddit went out, probably quite a nice end. Not sure how it worked really but it didn't look too elaborate in the picture.

Reactions: dano6533
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
I used to work in a burn OR, and you don't want to fuck around with fire. If you survive, having burns of any kind is fucking hell. Don't risk it.