Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
If I CTB and my parents try to take my body home because I live in a foreign country, will it cost a lot of money? How difficult could the process be? I don't want them to have to spend any more than they already have. I can fly back home to CTB, but I'm not sure I want them to find my body firsthand either.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
It's going to be expensive. The ship out fee alone (thats getting it on to a plane to where ever) starts at 3k to 4k USD. You'd have to factor in the fees such as storage (they might charge your family for keeping the body refrigerated), transportation costs, packing fees, etc.
Then you'd have to factor in the fact that some countries do not allow you to transport the body back.
It seems being cremated IN country and just carrying the remains back is cheaper, but that's another cost analysis that needs to be done.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Very expensive and complicated, I think like someone else said, crematorium in the country is best option. Be cheaper to fly a few family members over then send a body I bet.

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Very unlikely that my parents will choose cremation since we own a family grave. What if I go to a different state, in a forest or something without any identification? Provided I choose the partial suspension method, what are the odds that my body will be identified and my parents will find out? Bare in mind, I'm not in NA or EU atm.