• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
People always tell us depressed people to be grateful and think positive

What exactly about this hellish world is positive?

All I see is suffering, pain, misery, isolation, sadness, suicidal thoughts, mental illnesses

Okay, my parents are alive, and I have food to eat and a roof over my head. That's positive. But outside of that I csnt think if any positive things in this cursed pointless existence

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Existence truly is so evil, it disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they are enslaved in this meaningless, dreadful existence, it would only be positive to me if I had the ability to permanently cease existing in peace. All that I see as positive is being free from the futile and torturous burden of existing as a human, existence truly is so undesirable. It disgusts me how people so harmfully impose existence and tell people to be grateful that they were forced to suffer when there were never any disadvantages to never existing at all.

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
Existence truly is so evil, it disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they are enslaved in this meaningless, dreadful existence, it would only be positive to me if I had the ability to permanently cease existing in peace. All that I see as positive is being free from the futile and torturous burden of existing as a human, existence truly is so undesirable. It disgusts me how people so harmfully impose existence and tell people to be grateful that they were forced to suffer when there were never any disadvantages to never existing at all.
So true
It is mind blowing how much suffering is in the dreadful hell.
I can't imagine living in this pointless cursed meaningless existence for another few decades
Those who protest against euthanasia are truly evil

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
I tried that before
One of my past therapists suggested I smile and repeat to myself life is beautiful and I feel great to myself, even if I don't believe it my mind will eventually believe it over time
It didnt work at all. Lying to myself. Life is atrociously bad
Fake it till you make it

CocoToxBase

CocoToxBase

Suffering
Jan 8, 2024
Ah yes the old 'be grateful and think positive' advice. You mean to tell me my gratitude journal isn't supposed to have an entry that says 'Thankful for the ability to roll my eyes so hard without pulling a muscle' On a serious note, sure, having basics like family, food, and shelter is great. It's like being grateful for the life jacket on a sinking ship, it's essential, but you'd also really appreciate not being in the shipwreck in the first place.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
People always tell us depressed people to be grateful and think positive

What exactly about this hellish world is positive?

All I see is suffering, pain, misery, isolation, sadness, suicidal thoughts, mental illnesses

Okay, my parents are alive, and I have food to eat and a roof over my head. That's positive. But outside of that I csnt think if any positive things in this cursed pointless existence
It's a matter of perspective.

Heaven and Hell aren't destinations, they are a state of mind.

If your life was full of love, wealth, and comfort you would say "this is heavenly". And if your life is full of misery, loss, and pain you will say "this is hell".

If you wish to be grateful and positive, put yourself in positive circumstances. We like to go to the dog park (we don't have a dog of our own) to pet and play with all the fur buddies.

Big hugs. Be well on your journey.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It's a matter of perspective.

Heaven and Hell aren't destinations, they are a state of mind.

If your life was full of love, wealth, and comfort you would say "this is heavenly". And if your life is full of misery, loss, and pain you will say "this is hell".

If you wish to be grateful and positive, put yourself in positive circumstances. We like to go to the dog park (we don't have a dog of our own) to pet and play with all the fur buddies.

Big hugs. Be well on your journey.
That's good advice. It's all a matter of perspective. How do you put yourself in positive circumstances?

Reactions: iloverachel
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
That's good advice. It's all a matter of perspective. How do you put yourself in positive circumstances?
Incremental steps towards that goal. Humans are tricky with their desire for instant gratification so it's important to step back and break down the big picture into smaller components.

The more you try the easier it gets (practice).
The easier it gets, the more productive it will be (professional).
The more productive it is, the more you will be able to share (mastery).

Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
I feel like the people who say that kind of stuff aren't usually aren't worth listening to in the first place. People can still be severely depressed even with millions of dollars, a loving family, and 1000 friends. Suffering exists for so many reasons beyond just a person's current external environment that it's often insulting when i hear people say that stuff. Of course positive things in ones life can bring hope, but their impact can also be negligible too.

It is incredibly difficult to think positively or even objectively while suffering. For some it is possible to bring themselves out of a funk this way, but for others any underlying issues need to be addressed first.