• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CannabisMuncher

CannabisMuncher

You can call me kilometers, cuz ima kms ( He/Him )
Dec 23, 2023
so, basically for those who dont know, 5-HTP is a substance that can sometimes be found in relaxation suppliments and such. it boosts serotonin levels and is sometimes used in anti depressants. However, if one were to overdose on 5-HTP it causes something called "Serotonin syndrome" a potentially fatal state in which you can possibly have seizures or go in comatose however there is a chance you die beforw any of those things happen. Would this possibly be a less painful method then hanging? I have my own anti anxiety suppliments with 5-HTP in it, so if this is better id love to know

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
Overdosing like this almost never works. And when it does I would hardly consider it to be painless. You'd need a lot of 5-HTP and keep in mind there are many other ingredients in medicine that can all react with the body in different ways. I'd highly recommend against trying this method.

fell

fell

bpd, cptsd, bipolar 2, trying lots of things 💞
Feb 4, 2023
I have had serotonin syndrome from a prescription medication much stronger that 5-HTP. Can confirm it is horrible (caused seizures and long-lasting side effects) and would take way longer to CTB with way more pain and panic. I also think it would be very hard to take enough 5-HTP to cause serotonin syndrome to a level that would be fatal, and would likely have many more side-effects (gastrointestinal/panic/seizures) before the point of fatality.
I also have known folks who have gotten serotonin syndrome from MDMA, also much stronger than 5-HTP. All also had seizures/brain zaps/severe panic. I haven't personally heard of any cases where that doesn't happen before a fatality.

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I have had serotonin syndrome from a prescription medication much stronger that 5-HTP. Can confirm it is horrible (caused seizures and long-lasting side effects) and would take way longer to CTB with way more pain and panic. I also think it would be very hard to take enough 5-HTP to cause serotonin syndrome to a level that would be fatal, and would likely have many more side-effects (gastrointestinal/panic/seizures) before the point of fatality.
I also have known folks who have gotten serotonin syndrome from MDMA, also much stronger than 5-HTP. All also had seizures/brain zaps/severe panic. I haven't personally heard of any cases where that doesn't happen before a fatality.
Tell me, please, when you talk about seizures, do you mean painful seizures?
So you're not just talking about the twitching of various parts of the body that occurs when, for example, the brain is deprived of oxygen?
Are you talking about the pain that occurs when your legs are cramped, for example?

fell

fell

bpd, cptsd, bipolar 2, trying lots of things 💞
Feb 4, 2023
Tell me, please, when you talk about seizures, do you mean painful seizures?
So you're not just talking about the twitching of various parts of the body that occurs when, for example, the brain is deprived of oxygen?
Are you talking about the pain that occurs when your legs are cramped, for example?
Yes — in my experience, the onset of serotonin syndrome was heart racing, cold sweats, and what felt like a panic attack (tunnel vision, racing disoriented thoughts, panic and fear)

Within about 10-15 minutes - then my teeth started chattering, sweating profusely, convulsing and painful cramps in my legs and arms, and heart felt like it was going to explode. All very scary and painful.

I tried to open a bottle of benzos to counteract it but my hands and arms were convulsing so badly that I was unable to open the bottle. I tried to stand up to get help but collapsed on the floor - that's when my eyes rolled back and I lost my vision, but was still conscious and could feel my heart racing like an exploding feeling, my whole body felt like it was going to "pop" and sweating, and I was convulsing on the floor (hard to describe, but it's not painless or twitching like in a dream or a peaceful goodnight - it felt more like when you have food poisoning and your body is convulsing and contorted while throwing up, but uncontrollably over and over, like the muscles are heaving - or akin to electroshock convulsions but without electric shock)

I think the most "painful" part is the intensity of heart-racing, sweating, losing all capability, and the "about to pop" feeling (also hard to explain) - and that it is much more long lasting of a pain than other methods. I was also suicidal at the time, and it was still one of the top 5 scariest experiences of my life - I wouldn't choose that way in the future.

I don't mean to scare you, but 0/10 would not recommend.
Just another thought - one of the differences between serotonin syndrome and a method like N or SN is that the latter are naturally more "sedative" than serotonin. That's not to say they're painless or without any fear, but serotonin is more stimulating (hence it's role in MDMA) so when taken in large quantities - even if you 100% want to and are ready to CTB - it's going to trigger that heart-racing/stimulating panic/anxiety/fear response way more than a method that "sedates" your nervous system (like opiates)

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: voidstar and Justnotme
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Yes — in my experience, the onset of serotonin syndrome was heart racing, cold sweats, and what felt like a panic attack (tunnel vision, racing disoriented thoughts, panic and fear)

Within about 10-15 minutes - then my teeth started chattering, sweating profusely, convulsing and painful cramps in my legs and arms, and heart felt like it was going to explode. All very scary and painful.

I tried to open a bottle of benzos to counteract it but my hands and arms were convulsing so badly that I was unable to open the bottle. I tried to stand up to get help but collapsed on the floor - that's when my eyes rolled back and I lost my vision, but was still conscious and could feel my heart racing like an exploding feeling, my whole body felt like it was going to "pop" and sweating, and I was convulsing on the floor (hard to describe, but it's not painless or twitching like in a dream or a peaceful goodnight - it felt more like when you have food poisoning and your body is convulsing and contorted while throwing up, but uncontrollably over and over, like the muscles are heaving - or akin to electroshock convulsions but without electric shock)

I think the most "painful" part is the intensity of heart-racing, sweating, losing all capability, and the "about to pop" feeling (also hard to explain) - and that it is much more long lasting of a pain than other methods. I was also suicidal at the time, and it was still one of the top 5 scariest experiences of my life - I wouldn't choose that way in the future.

I don't mean to scare you, but 0/10 would not recommend.
Just another thought - one of the differences between serotonin syndrome and a method like N or SN is that the latter are naturally more "sedative" than serotonin. That's not to say they're painless or without any fear, but serotonin is more stimulating (hence it's role in MDMA) so when taken in large quantities - even if you 100% want to and are ready to CTB - it's going to trigger that heart-racing/stimulating panic/anxiety/fear response way more than a method that "sedates" your nervous system (like opiates)
Yeah, it's an incredibly horrible experience. I'm afraid that all this can be experienced when taking sodium nitrite, so I'll probably choose partial hanging. It just takes a lot of practice.

CannabisMuncher

CannabisMuncher

You can call me kilometers, cuz ima kms ( He/Him )
Dec 23, 2023
I see. I will stick to hanging then. Thanks for the information!

• Love
Reactions: fell
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I get the impression most attempts to overdose fail. Especially on OTC medicine. Any form of poisoning I imagine the body is set up to try and reject via vomiting so for a start- I imagine the more difficult to obtain anti-emetics are probably necessary in an overdose attempt.

Plus yeah- I don't know too much about serotonin syndrome- although I did actually take 5HTP for a while. Isn't that all in the brain? Sounds like brain damage seems more likely than death. Bit like paracetamol overdoses- they seem far more likely to permanently damage the major organs rather than to kill outright.

I understand the desperation but- no one wants to risk making life even worse for themselves, so I think that's why people are so nervous about overdosing on pretty much anything. There was a medical or chemistry practitioner who came on once describing what they'd use but I very much doubt the average person could get hold of such potent drugs. I imagine GP's would be suspicious if someone tried to get prescribed a suicide kit effectively.