P

Perpetually99

Feb 2, 2021
How does Marijuana impact your suicidal thoughts or acceptance of your inevitable path? Are you more at peace with what's to come? Or do you freak out?

How does marijuana impact your mental health in general? Is it a useful tool for you?

I have a medical card and have been experimenting. And am curious how this plant impacts others.

Reactions: ansiedad
L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
I think it works well with some, but I know it masks symptoms and could become dependent. Also if you're exhibiting anxiety/paranoia most likely you'll start to feel more anxious.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
It helps mine. You can check my recovery thread about being high :)

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I had a bad experience with edibles, but I also mixed 4 different strains and stacked it with alcohol and psychiatric medication , so I was kind of asking for a bad time.

Reactions: die2live, siray and ansiedad
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've had marijuana a few times but I only get relaxed and phylosophical. I think I'm less suicidal when I consume it. I start talking about my life origin and afterlife theories. I guess I can be pretty annoying for other people lol.

Reactions: NormaJeane and ansiedad
heatherwoof

heatherwoof

just wants to join her partner
Jan 17, 2021
I'm a daily smoker with BPD so it helps heaps with anxiety. but if I push it (like I do every day) I can sometimes have psychotic episodes that are less fun

UselessMF

UselessMF

Dec 4, 2020
Marijuana helps me a lot when my depression and anxiety are at their peak but the effects are only temporary. I'm not a heavy user at all, I smoke about twice a week and never been addicted to it. I could go for months without it.

There's big differences between strains too. Sativa will give you a more uplifting happy high (more cerebral) and Indica will lock you on the couch with a stronger body high.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I'm a daily smoker with BPD so it helps heaps with anxiety. but if I push it (like I do every day) I can sometimes have psychotic episodes that are less fun
I hallucinate everytime I have it, but I don't mind much

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
yeah hallucinations can be kinda fun at times :P
The best thing I saw was that a big sparkle came into my vision and flew up and made a twinkle sound lol

Reactions: Michaelwaev and ansiedad
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Doesn't do much for me the few times I've had it. I've only smoked it once but it was very little and all it did was cause me to start hearing voices again that I had not heard for a long time. All the other times I've had it were as edibles and they did not do anything to change my depression or whatever, sometimes it just made me a little more hyper and manic. The most help it ever gave me was when it cured a nasty headache I had but I get the same effect from taking Advil so I'm in no rush to take weed everytime I get a headache.

I think the smell of weed also really bothers me. I normally have a bad sense of smell and can't smell much of anything but for some reason marijuana smells really disgusting to me.

Reactions: ansiedad, Roseate and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Doesn't do much for me the few times I've had it. I've only smoked it once but it was very little and all it did was cause me to start hearing voices again that I had not heard for a long time. All the other times I've had it were as edibles and they did not do anything to change my depression or whatever, sometimes it just made me a little more hyper and manic. The most help it ever gave me was when it cured a nasty headache I had but I get the same effect from taking Advil so I'm in no rush to take weed everytime I get a headache.

I think the smell of weed also really bothers me. I normally have a bad sense of smell and can't smell much of anything but for some reason marijuana smells really disgusting to me.
I've heard a few voices when I was listening to music high, but that was it for voices audio wise. I did hallucinate hearing a basketball game on TV

Reactions: ansiedad and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've heard a few voices when I was listening to music high, but that was it for voices audio wise. I did hallucinate hearing a basketball game on TV
Yeah that was the only time I ever heard voices from being high. Before that I would hear them all the time years ago but I think that was more because I was sleep deprived.

builtwrong

builtwrong

permanent solution to a permanent problem
Aug 24, 2020
It keeps me sedated and alive, so in that aspect it really isn't a useful tool in accepting the inevitability of my own suicide. It certainly makes me more nervous when I consider the act, without my medication weed only serves to keep me asleep all day and prevent losing all enjoyment of music and media. I also enjoy the aesthetic of it hahaha, I feel it expresses my depressive personality well

Last edited:
Reactions: ThrownAwayTom, ansiedad and Umbreon
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
Weed does nothing to me except make me anxious/pass out. I saw my friends (when I had them) reach clever/funny conclusions about life but all I can do is stare slack-jawed. Ketamine on the other hand- woah. I accept the inevitability of my death and see a narrative in which it's beneficial/inevitable/just a step out of one life into a different one. It's such a bad drug for a myriad of reasons. Mainly the fact you've got a 50:50 chance (at least with my batch) of either hitting some sort of chill, fluffy nirvana or throwing up and seeing fractals. I miss the stuff I used to get from an ex friend. That was expensive, but consistent.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Worsens em, so it seems. However, I also go for edibles and strains high in THC. Meh.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah that was the only time I ever heard voices from being high. Before that I would hear them all the time years ago but I think that was more because I was sleep deprived.
Weed can do some crazy things lol

Weed does nothing to me except make me anxious/pass out. I saw my friends (when I had them) reach clever/funny conclusions about life but all I can do is stare slack-jawed. Ketamine on the other hand- woah. I accept the inevitability of my death and see a narrative in which it's beneficial/inevitable/just a step out of one life into a different one. It's such a bad drug for a myriad of reasons. Mainly the fact you've got a 50:50 chance (at least with my batch) of either hitting some sort of chill, fluffy nirvana or throwing up and seeing fractals. I miss the stuff I used to get from an ex friend. That was expensive, but consistent.
If I ever feel myself getting anxious high, I just tell myself it'll be ok and that it'll eventually end and to take deep breaths

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Tried twice, 3 hits / 1 hit. Experienced depersonalization both times, alongside being stuck in a time-loop, followed by nausea, all while it felt like the smoke would never leave my lungs. Still enjoy the smell though.

I'd rather stick with 2g shrooms every now and then. It makes me very aware of my suicidal thoughts, but I just accept them. Also gives me a deep sense of wonder and I come out of the experience aware of something I could try to change, with the motivation to try it. It doesn't quite work for the anhedonia, but can't have it all.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Tried twice, 3 hits / 1 hit. Experienced depersonalization both times, alongside being stuck in a time-loop, followed by nausea, all while it felt the smoke would never leave my lungs. Still like the smell though.

I'd rather stick with 2g shrooms every now and then. It makes me very aware of my suicidal thoughts, but I just accept them. Also gives me a deep sense of wonder and I come out of the experience aware of something I could try to change, with the motivation to try it. It doesn't quite work for the anhedonia, but can't have it all.
The first time I got high, that's exactly what I experienced. Time loop and depersonalization and derealization. It was awful. I almost swore off of it, but gave it another chance and am glad I did

R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
I've been a daily weed smoker since 1978.. I now vape it daily, I have a medical marijuana card.. it's probably the only thing keeping me alive, I get real suicidal if I don't use it

E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Marijuana used to make me paranoid and see hallucinations like tripping , but now for some reason (maybe because I took psych meds) I cant get high anymore and this is one of the main reasons I feel like ctb, I dont feel human anymore

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
The first time I got high, that's exactly what I experienced. Time loop and depersonalization and derealization. It was awful. I almost swore off of it, but gave it another chance and am glad I did
Idk...

I like weird stuff. I still want to try salvia, which is just wild, if reports are to be trusted.

I don't regret it, but I'm always worried to really lose control and do something stupid. Even during my 6g shroom trip, which included thought loops, ego death, feelings of eternity, and merging with the universe, I still felt more in control than in those experiences with weed. And it's a bit hard to build tolerance safely when even a single hit throws me over the edge, so I guess I won't.

Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Idk...

I like weird stuff. I still want to try salvia, which is just wild, if reports are to be trusted.

I don't regret it, but I'm always worried to really lose control and do something stupid. Even during my 6g shroom trip, which included thought loops, ego death, feelings of eternity, and merging with the universe, I still felt more in control than in those experiences with weed. And it's a bit hard to build tolerance safely when even a single hit throws me over the edge, so I guess I won't.
I wanna try salvia, but I'm also afraid of losing control and plus I hallucinate easy. Don't want to see something or hear something I regret.

Reactions: MYStERY_Man
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
It triggers psychotic episodes in me, makes me stupid, anxious, and slows me down a lot. On the plus side it's fun and easy get to sleep when i'm using it.

These days i don't buy it anymore, i just bum it off people when it happens to be around. I wouldn't recommend doing it everyday it can be quite consuming, if you're in a place where you dread stopping then that's really bad.

Last edited:
SosoruzeDosukoi

SosoruzeDosukoi

Tired
Mar 27, 2021
It's really a crapshoot for me. It will either make my anxiety spike and make me hate myself a lot, or I'll be completely comfy and fine with everything. Doesn't matter if it's a hybrid, sativa, or indica. I stopped using it because I didn't like when it gave me a negative mindset though.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
It triggers psychotic episodes in me, makes me stupid, and slows me down a lot. On the plus side it's fun and easy get to sleep when i'm using it.

These days i don't buy it anymore, i just bum it off people when it happens to be around. I wouldn't recommend doing it everyday it can be quite consuming, if you're in a place where you dread stopping then that's really bad.
What things happen to you when you have a psychotic episode while high?

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
What things happen to you when you have a psychotic episode while high?
I get really upset and angry over things, and i lash out at people, it's stopped happening since i kinda quit pot. Funny since it's supposed to 'mellow you out', the effect can be quite the opposite for some people.

Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I get really upset and angry over things, and i lash out at people, it's stopped happening since i kinda quit pot. Funny since it's supposed to 'mellow you out', the effect can be quite the opposite for some people.
True. It makes me happy and laugh lol.

140 bpm

140 bpm

Glitching in reality
Jan 26, 2020
when I was smoking weed, I never thought about suicide or any similar topics. at all. when I've started using cocaine - that brought me to a darkest and hopeless state of mind. next week I'm gonna be clean for a 12 months. I don't consider to even start smoking weed cuz I know, it's a trampoline for me. I'm wine alcoholic now...lol

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
The last few times I did weed was awful. I was either struck with the realization of my suicide and rotting in the ground or relieving my most cringe moments.

• Aww..
Reactions: ithappens, popcorn and Squiddy