JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I don't believe my friends would ever understand the comfort of being seen and heard here. What do you think? How do you believe your friends would react? Do they already know?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Stormy Raine, Sweet Tart and 4 others
anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
I don't think they'll understand. They've been fed the sentiment "suicide is always bad" from media and society.

Reactions: vault, Lumina, worldsapart and 5 others
Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
The only main person around me is my dad and he will not understand any of this.

And he would get very mad at the thought that there is a place to discuss suicide and stuff.
Since he believes suicidal people are stupid and should just get over whatever the problem they have in their life.

so I think he would insult the living hell out of me if he found out about this place

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, JustABug and anhedonicNfoggy
Izolita

Izolita

Aug 17, 2023
I have a friend in cali I tell everything. I even told her I thought about buying a gun to end my life (Which after research it looks like a bad idea)

I just found this website a couple days ago and am thinking about telling them about it. But am definitely worried about their response

• Love
Reactions: JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
The only main person around me is my dad and he will not understand any of this.

And he would get very mad at the thought that there is a place to discuss suicide and stuff.
Since he believes suicidal people are stupid and should just get over whatever the problem they have in their life.

so I think he would insult the living hell out of me if he found out about this place
My mother is the exact same unfortunately. They'll never understand because they don't want too. It's hard to be around close-minded people.

Wishing you love
I have a friend in cali I tell everything. I even told her I thought about buying a gun to end my life (Which after research it looks like a bad idea)

I just found this website a couple days ago and am thinking about telling them about it. But am definitely worried about their response
I'd love to know how that conversation goes if you do have it…! I'm glad you have someone you can talk too about this stuff, it's nice being heard.
I don't think they'll understand. They've been fed the sentiment "suicide is always bad" from media and society.
I wish there were more death positive people out there. I do understand it's human nature to be terrified of death, but I believe it's so easy to listen and understand others perspective's too.

I hope you find people on here that make you feel seen and heard.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TapeMachine and Aloneisbestforme
P

pinemarten

Aug 18, 2023
In general I think most people I know would react negatively. In my experience, those who haven't had their own issues with mental health seem to feel that just talking about suicide brings it into sharp relief as if their having mentioned it is going to usher in a sudden bout of suicidal thoughts and or a fresh suicide attempt. This is the feeling I get even from close family members who know I have previously tried to commit suicide; they won't ever mention it and they're permanently walking on eggshells.

My view is that we should be able to have conversations about it. I don't think the standard outer-internet model of a pinned post with a bunch of hotline phone-numbers and then someone below saying "bro you need therapy and medication" is particularly helpful. I feel people can be trusted to have suicidal thoughts but at the same time choose not to end their own life long enough to entertain conversations about aspects of why they feel that way, why they feel it's the option for them, and why others might feel the same or differently. Surely there will be many people out there who aren't suicidal who feel the same; people who are conscientious and open-minded enough to see value in letting discussions take place rather than kicking down doors and carting people away the moment they broach a certain topic. But I tend to think it would be harder to find those individuals than it would be to find the close-minded, Black & White thinking, ones that seem most common.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, vault, ThisUnrest and 2 others
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
one of my online friends would be offended, and would probably give me a "just be more positive" speech

• Aww..
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023

"Just get over it" *instantly cured*
I don't believe my friends would ever understand the comfort of being seen and heard here. What do you think? How do you believe your friends would react? Do they already know?
Two of my friends know about this site cuz I told them lmao since they are both depressed trans people. One is uncomfortable with the idea of the site, and the other doesn't really care but she thinks it's a negative influence on me

• Love
Reactions: Aloneisbestforme and JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
In general I think most people I know would react negatively. In my experience, those who haven't had their own issues with mental health seem to feel that just talking about suicide brings it into sharp relief as if their having mentioned it is going to usher in a sudden bout of suicidal thoughts and or a fresh suicide attempt. This is the feeling I get even from close family members who know I have previously tried to commit suicide; they won't ever mention it and they're permanently walking on eggshells.

My view is that we should be able to have conversations about it. I don't think the standard outer-internet model of a pinned post with a bunch of hotline phone-numbers and then someone below saying "bro you need therapy and medication" is particularly helpful. I feel people can be trusted to have suicidal thoughts but at the same time choose not to end their own life long enough to entertain conversations about aspects of why they feel that way, why they feel it's the option for them, and why others might feel the same or differently. Surely there will be many people out there who aren't suicidal who feel the same; people who are conscientious and open-minded enough to see value in letting discussions take place rather than kicking down doors and carting people away the moment they broach a certain topic. But I tend to think it would be harder to find those individuals than it would be to find the close-minded, Black & White thinking, ones that seem most common.
This is beautifully worded, I full heartedly agree…! People shy away from these ideas and conversations because they're scared of what they don't understand.
one of my online friends would be offended, and would probably give me a "just be more positive" speech
Sending you love.
"Just get over it" *instantly cured*

Two of my friends know about this site cuz I told them lmao since they are both depressed trans people. One is uncomfortable with the idea of the site, and the other doesn't really care but she thinks it's a negative influence on me
My friends would feel the exact same. I understand why your friend would believe it's a negative influence, it could be for certain individuals who seek out certain threads. Do you know the popular movie quote: 'Is it better to speak or to die?' I associate that quote with this website. It's good to get things off your chest while knowing people here will understand and/or not judge. Sending you love.

Last edited:
Sapphire

Sapphire

Student
Nov 22, 2022
Two relatives know that I come on this website. They don't have a problem with me being on here. They understand it is important to be able to talk to people who are going through something similar and can relate.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, derpyderpins, TapeMachine and 1 other person
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
Two relatives know that I come on this website. They don't have a problem with me being on here. They understand it is important to be able to talk to people who are going through something similar and can relate.
I'm glad they understand…! How did that conversation come about? I'm interested-if you don't mind me asking.

vanadium23

vanadium23

Aug 15, 2023
I think most people I know in real life would be very alarmed and get me sent to a psychiatric ward (or at least try). Most people I know online are either pro-life but only mildly stigmatizing or very grim (and would likely relate). I don't plan on sharing the fact I'm on here with anyone from offsite though.

• Love
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I think most people I know in real life would be very alarmed and get me sent to a psychiatric ward (or at least try). Most people I know online are either pro-life but only mildly stigmatizing or very grim (and would likely relate). I don't plan on sharing the fact I'm on here with anyone from offsite though.
Me either. It's nice to keep certain things to ourselves.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
The one person I know with a pro-choice attitude would not be pleased to know I'm on here. He doesn't think I have reached the point where suicide would be reasonable. I suspect he would fear this community might be a bad influence. Then again he suggested I look at the lost all hope site.

Everyone else would be very worried.

• Hugs
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hi. They wouldn't care or I think they would ask me why I'm telling them this.
No drama, because I don't care too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Myexit, SenseOfLoss and JustABug
Doz

Doz

Gloom and DOOM
Aug 15, 2023
I remember one time there was a suicide report on the news and my mother called the person an idiot and said something like "why would anyone do something like that??" The way she said it too was like she was personally offended. That should give you a good idea of what my biological family would think about this place.

• Aww..
spirittheyregone

spirittheyregone

A whisper to her scream, an autumn in my green.
Jun 12, 2023
I mean idr have much of a relationship with my family, told an old friend about it before we disconnected and he didnt really care, last person Id have left to tell is my boyfriend and sometimes irdk if hed even miss me yknow
I remember one time there was a suicide report on the news and my mother called the person an idiot and said something like "why would anyone do something like that??" The way she said it too was like she was personally offended. That should give you a good idea of what my biological family would think about this place.
Dude because my extended family used to say the same shit and now its hella awkward cause my issues are pretty out thwre im ngl

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SenseOfLoss, Doz and JustABug
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
I think everyone would be rlly concerned.

They understand my suffering and might get the impression of me being swayed to CTB because of it.

T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
A mate that I met through discord a few years ago (we meet occasionally irl, we spent like a week together last month kinda drinking all day lol) knows pretty much everything about what I have been through, knows about me wanting to CTB in a near future as well. When I told him about this site he responded with '' XDDDDDDDD '' well good to have some mature younger friends :)

• Aww..
lilypeachoo

lilypeachoo

Forever alone
Aug 19, 2023
My friends would get me to seek professional help that I've already done and didn't work. My mom would be devastated but she barely knows how to use her iPad so I doubt she would even know what this site is. My boyfriend would be absent minded about it like oh yeah I guess she would do that.

I think I know what they think of me they just don't know what I think of them.

WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I feel like they would try and get me to stop somehow although I dont think they would understand how nice this website actually is

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think they would think it was unhealthy. They probably would think I need to be around positive people and that that would rub off on me. I doubt they have any idea how much I want things to end.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I've told two people about it. They just thought it was sad...that I'm a top poster lol

I saw a billboard that said "Where are you going?" with a scary picture of flames next to a picture of a sunny day. Across the street should be a billboard that says "Why are you going...when you can?" with a picture of a bottle of pills that says Euthanasia next to a picture of a crime ridden city partially underwater with orcas that are eating people to represent every future city.

underwater - climate change
Orcas- they've been sinking boats all across the world lately

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
They'd be disappointed more than anything else and would just look down at me in general

lucyna

lucyna

barely active / recovering
Aug 22, 2023
they would probably judge me a lot

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
This site is very therapeutic for me and it actually stops me from ctbing. I would love to share this site to people but I think they wouldn't understand this isn't only about suicide. I suggested it to my friend as an outlet who isn't suicidal but didn't give her the name, she quickly dismissed the idea and asked was I currently suicidal. It's my secret

Reactions: Chemical Animal
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I'd probably get yelled at and then sent to the psych ward by my family.

Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
They find it creepy of me to be here :(

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
3 close friends know that I am on this website. I told my parents and my sister that I am member in a suicide forum. But not the exact name. My mom was shocked when I told her my post count.
I told 2-3 therapists I am active on a suicide forum. Why 2-3? In case of one it was only a side note.

My psychologist was not that concerned when I revealed it. My psychiatrist was more concerned. I elaborated in detail about it in this forum a couple of time. I did not mention the name of this forum though.