A

affirmatice

Aug 31, 2024
I cannot live anymore like this. I've had bad suicidal thoughts now for a few months.

I'm still "living" my life. But it's insanely difficult. I was at a work event recently. And I had to go through the motions of all the meetings and talking to people while the whole time I was debating whether or not to CTB.

How do I make this choice? I think I need to decide whether or not to CTB - in which case I will give up on trying and plan for that. Or to stay alive - in which case I will do my best to keep trying.

I tried weighing the pros and cons but I didn't really see a conclusion.

I guess worst case scenario- I've been depressed for 5 years due to physical ailments (more so affecting my appearance than my health). I can continue living but that's not a life I want to live if I'm going to continue to be depressed, insecure, and miserable. I don't want to look back in 5 years and realize I spent another 5 years of my life depressed and missing out. I'd rather die than live a half-assed sad life.

best case scenario - I somehow (seems impossible), overcome the physical limitations or accept them. I find confidence and happiness again. I experience the things I want the most - experiences, love, most importantly being happy with myself.

Reactions: Ondine0000ff and vanillamilkshakes
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. Remember to try everything else before choosing CTB. Don't attempt on impulse, it may fail and you'll end up in a psychiatric ward. Good luck on whatever journey you choose :heart:

A

affirmatice

Aug 31, 2024
I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. Remember to try everything else before choosing CTB. Don't attempt on impulse, it may fail and you'll end up in a psychiatric ward. Good luck on whatever journey you choose :heart:
I think… I've tried everything.

I've pushed my life in every possible way it could improve. Physically fit, making lots of money, socializing, had some relationships, went to therapy.

I realized I will never be able to overcome the physical limitations that constantly plague my mind. Unless I experience some drastic mindset change. Which I don't think is possible and also I don't want to change who I am just to cope with my life now. As sad as it sounds I don't want to become some wise, philosophical, "strong" person.

I'd rather be the way I was, a bit cocky, vain, feeling invincible in life. And that's not possible anymore.

For me I think, living a life at 50% or 60% is the same as 0%. I want to love every part of my life. And with my physical struggles i don't think i can even reach close to 100%

• Hugs
Reactions: daley and vanillamilkshakes