deathistheaesthetic

deathistheaesthetic

call me lalo
Dec 1, 2020
I'm really insecure about my voice, I hate hearing myself. I feel that it doesn't fit me at all. People always assume I'm gay, or they misunderstand me because of my melencholic tone and lisp/stutter. I've had two people compliment me on it but outside of them I feel that it usually gets me written off by women as some gay idiot. I don't take offense to being seen as homosexual or anything, but I do feel guilty because some gay and bi friends took interest in me and I hate feeling like I tricked them. How do you feel about your voice?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, gummycentipede, Faded_in_Dreams and 4 others
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
before i started hrt (testosterone cuz im trans) i hated my voice so much i was mute for most of secondary school, i was told people thought i was a boy until i spoke so i just didnt speak. now im not as bad but i still feel uncomfortable talking to ppl and like you said i hate hearing my voice if its recorded, it makes me feel sick for some reason. its gotten deeper but i still have like feminine speech patterns if that makes sense, i never learnt how to use my voice properly so i sound a bit weird, i think i probably sound gay to others as well lol. i get what u mean about feeling like you trick people, its annoying bc u cant really control how you sound, and people shouldnt assume your sexuality just by the way you speak its kinda stupid tbh. its definitely on them for assuming and not your fault at all just for having a different voice.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, gummycentipede, jazzcat and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've never liked speaking at all personally, I've always preferred to stay quiet as much as possible but just in general I think human voices are very unpleasant sounding, there's far too much unnecessary noise in this world. I've also always hated the sound of my own voice.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, TheSpookyNameGuy and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I hate my voice I wish that it was deeper and I've been mocked and bullied for it so I don't enjoy speaking unless I'm around people I know or trust out of fear that I'll be mocked for how it's both flat, monotone, and somewhat high

also my voice is somewhat emotionless to some people or rude so I try to be overly expressive or expressive as possible just so people don't yell at me and it's so tiring

so overall I would much rather not speak much because of my voice and luckily I don't have to because I'm not very social and I've always been a quiet person who keeps to themselves

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, murmur, cgrtt.brns and 2 others
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Oh yes !

This is a problem for me big time.
I first heard my voice from a tape recording when I was 17.
It freaked me the fuck out.
I thought I sounded really weird.
Like really stupid.
Like a morose, monotone kind of voice.

I asked my Sister if I sounded like the recording in real life, and She said yes.
I wasn't a happy bunny to say the least.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, cgrtt.brns, Skathon and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, I hate my voice. My accent is so whiny. I'm so often whinging- I suppose it fits at least...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Skathon and cgrtt.brns
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I love hearing myself speak

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, murmur, m1v and 2 others
jaxxon_sunn

jaxxon_sunn

Un jour je serai de retour près de toi
May 10, 2023
I hate my voice; wish it was deeper. Gives me dysphoria. I stutter a lot when I'm nervous and I used to have a slight lisp. When I'm talking to strangers or coworkers at work I put on an overly cheery and friendly sounding tone, that's obviously fake, but I subconsciously do it when I'm around strangers. When I talk to my parents and family my voice is extremely monotone, low, quiet, which I think is more of my real voice. I only talk when I'm forced to and hate talking to people. I will talk to myself sometimes though when I'm alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Rocinante
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I wish it was more feminine. Also it feels like at any given time it's either deeper or softer, but never enough for me to be happy with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Message In A Bottle
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

đź“ś Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Sounds like a child's voice… which may be appealing to men if it were hyper feminine, but it has the whine of a young boy.

I don't really care if it isn't attractive, I just want a voice that matches my gender.

A strong voice that doesn't break easily like I'm going through puberty would be nice as well…

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Thinking about it now I don't feel up/down about my voice. I talk in a loud volume. Little story: working ad McD's in high school one morning, on drive-thru duty, a lady told me I shouldn't speak so close to the mic (back before headsets, just a stationary speaker) because my voice carried. She worked in radio and recommended that as a job for me. Never went that way but it was an interesting event in my teen years.

• Hugs
silent star

silent star

Soon I will forget this life
Apr 30, 2023
I hate my voice it's sort of sounds like a child and it does not helping that I have an australian accent

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Skathon
muzzle

muzzle

coca cola
May 13, 2023
i used to be more insecure about it when it was younger but i don't really care anymore. actually i kind of like it now and others tend to find it cute at least so i guess there's that

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Faded_in_Dreams
Moonset

Moonset

May 15, 2023
Hate my voice. I've gone months being mute just because it gives me so much dysphoria

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and deathistheaesthetic
EternalSunshine<3

EternalSunshine<3

Jun 8, 2023
Everyone hates they're voice, including me (apart from one psycho i saw commenting that they loved theirs). We just get used to hearing it how we normally do, then it sounds different when its recorded.

Though for everyone else thats normal and it doesn't sound "weird, monotone and whiny". I guess everyone's in the same boat for that one but im still going to avoid any recordings of me speaking for my own peace of mind <3

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Faded_in_Dreams
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I just dont understand what goes through the head of people that they associate the sound of a voice with your sexual orientation...
like ???
Gay people are just normal people that have a normal voice like everyone else.
If your voice is different than thats just the way it is, I don't see how that would make you gay or anything.

Reactions: deathistheaesthetic and NumbItAll
F

Faded_in_Dreams

Jun 7, 2023
Well, I used to hate my voice because I thought it's feminine instead of being masculine, but that wasn't the only problem.
My biggest problem is I have to repeat my sentence at least twice so they can hear me.
Well it's better than past, but still I wished for a masculine voice.

• Hugs
gummycentipede

gummycentipede

Someone You Hate
May 29, 2023
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found their voice sounded different when listening to a recording, I remember telling my friends about that before and they all thought I was just crazy

Mine is way too deep, not deep enough that people would consider it attractive but deep enough that no one understands a word I say because I also talk too quickly, I think. I'm not sure. I just know that I hate being ask to speak up or being told I'm too quiet even though whenever I speak, people can already pick out my voice from halfway across a room full of noise; and I hate always having to feel like I'm yelling to be understood, when other people are able to make out what I'm trying to say just fine.

Honestly feels like I'm just a special type of dumb since I've never heard anyone else say this before. Is that just me? Point is I hate mine too

• Hugs
delora

delora

Lola (she/her)
Jun 5, 2023
I don't like mine.

Recordings suck for sure. But to me the worst is when I get carried away, talk a lot, and then notice how annoying it gets. I know others must be tired of hearing me too. Wish I could shut up.

• Hugs
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
I'm not super self-conscious about it, but I do wish it was different. I grew up with 3 languages, but due to moving a lot, using them inconsistently, and having very few(1) people to talk to in said language at times, I developed a bit of an accent in all of them. I can't even really call it an accent though. I just speak weirdly, and it sounds unnatural. I wish my voice was a bit higher and soft-spoken.

• Hugs
angeliccry

angeliccry

~â™±~
Mar 30, 2023
like any other part of the body i don't think that should be something to feel bad or insecure over. you need to take it as it is and learn to live with it. if you fear being wrongly interpreted because of it, there's quite a few ways of changing the way you speak, not so much your voice. perhaps you could try and work on changing your vocabulary or way of expression to appear more masculine.
just take your time with it and don't fall victim to despair.

fuaruhan

fuaruhan

un chat perdu
Feb 9, 2023
A bit high pitched and my friends said they can easily recognize my voice. I like my voice so far

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I'm transmasc and I hate how girly my voice sounds, especially when I get excited. It makes me self conscious to be visibly happy about anything.

• Hugs
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
My voice is ok. But I'm an idiot so it would be better I don't ever talk.

• Hugs
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
My voice is good, too bad it doesn't do much to flirt but mix Harry Styles with Enrique Iglesias and you got it.

Sarosusiel

Sarosusiel

Jun 11, 2023
Everybody hates the sound of their own voice. It's natural because it's different than you would think.

Well everyone except narcissists I think.