• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
We can never convince normal people, trying will only lead to stress and arguments.

Only those who have had depression can understand a mind that wants to kill itself.

Reactions: Socrates Respecter and divinemistress36
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I love having philosophical discussions with people about morality, virtues, and metaphysics so the topic of suicide certainly comes up but you learn to keep those conversations limited to people interested. Not out of fear of their judgement, but just because many people don't enjoy talking philosophy at all and that's ok.

In regards to coping about their view, there is no cope because their opinion is valid in the perspective of their life. Of course someone who is generally happy in life or doesn't have depression or doesn't engage in philosophy is likely to have a different view. I can't fault them for that the same way everyone on this site probably has some thoughts on ethics which is different from other people on this site. I think coming to accept those differences in regards to any topic is important for a life filled with empathy and without unnecessary conflict and hatred.

• Love
Reactions: Yarani, divinemistress36 and Socrates Respecter
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
i don't care about other ppl's cultish pro-life opinions. i would never discuss anything regarding suicide with anyone ever. also personally i believe that we're on the right side of history anyway. a lot of normal things that are acceptable and non controversial today were historically considered unacceptable and bad and whatever. but unlikely that opinion about suicide will ever change much tho

• Love
Reactions: Socrates Respecter, pthnrdnojvsc and divinemistress36
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's crazy to want to live. There is no reason to work so hard every day, putting up with stress and suffering every day. For what purpose?

how can you tell me all this work i have to do chores , work a job clean everything , fix every problem , fix every broken thing , how can you tell me i should have to want to do do all this hard work every day for what reason?
Every human and other animal is in an awful situation and trap waiting for extreme pain to get them. we all do things because we have to , to avoid extreme pain as in homelessness. so it's not because i want to do all this crap is because i have to and it's a trap a prison.

They are the crazy brainwashed idiots for not realizing this I just wrote above.

I can't say this anywhere else so I'll ask here. What is the reason why I should work so hard , suffer, and risk even more extreme pain? And be happy to be in this trap called life, to want to live? There is no reason

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36, Socrates Respecter and 4am
glossble

glossble

homesick ⭒
Apr 14, 2023
So what? They will die too, whether they think suicide is moral or not, I'll just do it earlier and on my own terms

Reactions: divinemistress36, Socrates Respecter and TaffyFlounder
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I don't really care what others think about my opinions regarding my own life anymore, unless it's someone who has authority over me or whom I care about deeply, as I don't want to strain those relationship further.

Empathy comes from experience, and it is hard for the average person to relate to a suicidal person's POV if they have never experienced anything like it. Unless someone is open to hearing new opinions and perspectives, it is just not worth it to discuss these matters imo. No matter how much other people invalidate you, only you know how you feel and what you've experienced. They can't take your truth away from you.

It used to bother me a lot more, but with time, the lack of understanding from others disturbingly begins to feel normal and you get accustomed to it. I used to think I could change people's minds and get them to understand what I was feeling, but the shame and embarrassment I received in response was too great.

The only scary thing that I still worry about is having my freedom taken away if someone with any sort of authority figures out that I'm suicidal. A year or so ago I dealt with a pretty life changing incident where my partner's mother kicked me out of their family home because he told her I'm suicidal, and she wanted me sectioned and forcibly drugged with heavy sedatives until I learn, "not to open my mouth again."

When people have the potential to sling such threats, silence is the only thing that can follow. Being treated like a crazy, irrational person for experiencing suicidality inevitably teaches you who is compassionate and who isn't. I don't care what these people think anymore because I know their world is so different than mine and they will never understand.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Yarani, foreverfalling, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I think people have a lot of opinions based on their little experience and their easy lives. So no real experience and they have fake views. Society says it's wrong so they say it's wrong.

What's strange is why do random people pretend it's going to effect them so much. Wow they take 2 seconds to type "omg that's sad" and think they did something so amazing. That's the proof that it's wrong lol.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36, Socrates Respecter and 1 other person
lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020
Mostly because they're just being irrational, not willing to consider arguments or literally not capable of understanding them

Some educated and sophisticated people are also against it and present arguments, so how do we handle the disagreement? Seems to me you just can't make any compromise with hardcore pro lifers or religious folk

so we remain misunderstood and ostracized and without being able to be in control of our own life.
i dont think most ppl view suicide as immoral or think we're 'crazy'...most ppl i know irl have been suicidal at one point or another. they understand

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Socrates Respecter
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
I can't cope with the fact that medication to end one's life safely like N or something similar like SN are not available. I don't care what other thing of me suiciding. It's my body and something that does not affect other people like being drunk or smoking.
Are people who smoke or drive with cars (with diesel engines) crazy or immoral because they cause lung cancer to the people in their environment.
100 thousands of people die because of car exhaust fumes. And diesel engine is the most and worst of those.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...s-lead-to-thousands-more-deaths-than-thought/

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Socrates Respecter
W

wsx-rt

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Mostly because they're just being irrational, not willing to consider arguments or literally not capable of understanding them

Some educated and sophisticated people are also against it and present arguments, so how do we handle the disagreement? Seems to me you just can't make any compromise with hardcore pro lifers or religious folk

so we remain misunderstood and ostracized and without being able to be in control of our own life.
Yes, when you choose this path, and your friends and relatives constantly push you away from it, they say that it's a sin and all that, and that they give you some kind of hope, but you understand that there is no hope, if, for example, you have a severe chronic mental illness, and you you understand that then life turns into hell for you, but you cannot find people who will understand you, it can only be people who suffer from a disease like you, who can understand you
I simply don't talk about it with them. I learned a long time ago that any expression of suicidal ideation will result in some sort of intervention and will only lead to more stress. Talking to people doesn't help, so why bother? I have everything I need to kill myself coming in anyways. They won't know until I'm already dead. They can disagree with me all they want, but I might as well bite my tongue and save my energy so I can die without the stress from dealing with them.
yes, this is probably the right decision, do everything as you plan and communicate less, especially with ardent defenders of life

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling and Socrates Respecter
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
"The more they hate us, the greater is our honor."

• Yay!
Reactions: Socrates Respecter
W

wsx-rt

Student
Apr 17, 2024
and morality cannot require the impossible. But how can you explain it to your average Joe? Most people just project their own personality and values on your situation and assume you're to blame because you're too weak or lazy. I get annoyed by this stupidity even though I know I shouldn't be. Smh.
I believe that you should never blame yourself because guilt stops you from achieving your goal
Reading my mind right there. At this point I think we should just disregard these people and their pathetic ungrounded opinions. But it's not easy to do so if you're a naturally sensitive person so we're doomed 😂

This life is such a lie, a facade. We see right through it and we want validation, connection, love and understanding, but we cannot have it. All we get is what you describe - ignorance, misunderstanding, rejection and ostracization.
especially misunderstanding and ostracism, when people and society do not want to let in a person with mental illness, for example, this is especially evident in developing countries and third world countries, where there is little democracy and freedom for any person

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Socrates Respecter