natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
How do you get yourself to function with no one around you, no support, no help, no friend, nothing? How do you get yourself out of your funk?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, LADY007, Arvinneedstodie and 6 others
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I don't.
Sometimes I play old games to remind me of better times.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sockeye Salmon, markimobzzdeasui, Circles and 4 others
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
I think about old times, think if I could make things better if I could travel back in time, but I don't know if I can.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, Sakura94, Arvinneedstodie and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
By thinking of how epic I am for not ruining someone's life with the problem of being entangled with me. Knowing I'm going to be dead soon helps too.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, artificial_ineptness, niki wonoto and 2 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
By having massive OCD style attacks where i'm too preoccupied doing random shit over and over to think about it.
Also plushies. Lots of plushies. Plussshhhhhiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

• Hugs
Reactions: Cosmic dust, Circles, demuic and 4 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Quite poorly.
Send desperate texts to people who will absolutely ghost me
Wrap blankets around myself pretending it's a hug while hugging stuffed animals
Talk to stuffed animals, my cat, or my journal
Immerse myself in TV or video games and pretend it's real and the relationships between the characters are my own
Make another rambling post on SS about how much my life sucks

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, lili, demuic and 4 others
nullpointer

nullpointer

did my time
Mar 23, 2022
Yeah I don't really cope with it well. Due to my mental illness(es), when I'm feeling bad enough to consider loneliness, it tends to just contribute to my already ongoing spiral. I try to keep myself just busy or occupied enough not to think about it (similar to MizzShadows's strategy). Also my last/only relationship was a disaster where I was emotionally manipulated pretty much the entire time so that is some very good demotivation for doing anything further than shooting texts to the fewer-than-five friends I speak to regularly

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, natali4 and artificial_ineptness
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
I've given up on everyone and know I'll be alone until I die.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, natali4, artificial_ineptness and 2 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I don't function in fact.lonliness is cruel

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, natali4 and artificial_ineptness
R

Ready2GoNow2022

Mar 19, 2022
I am struggling with loneliness today quite severely. My partner went away for the weekend and I am alone with the dog. I am about to take a benzo so that I can numb myself from this aching that is consuming me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and natali4
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I am struggling with loneliness today quite severely. My partner went away for the weekend and I am alone with the dog. I am about to take a benzo so that I can numb myself from this aching that is consuming me.
you are fortunate enough to have a dog for company when your partner is not there. Dogs are amazing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, natali4 and Ready2GoNow2022
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I don't. For many years I was able to avoid things by escaping reality but that's become impossible now. The bubble has been burst. And the damage done from having to be in that state all the time is too much to overcome.

Now I try to stay away from people as much as possible. Being around people just makes me more lonely, as well as causing constant emotional pain, irritation, and disappointment. It's painful to still have the common desire for social interaction with likeminded invididuals while also being someone who on almost every level is fundamentally at odds with ever being able to achieve that.

• Hugs
Reactions: katara, whatevs, markimobzzdeasui and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would prefer to be alone personally, people are tiring to me. Nothing ever takes away the pain of living though, for me. My suffering will only end when I die.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Bigpink, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
I think that there is a difference between choosing to be alone because people around you don't understand you or are not good to you, and just being alone because you don't have anyone. Being lonely is not a choice. Being alone is. I am an introvert, I don't enjoy small talk, and I feel at peace with people I connect with at a deeper level. I mostly prefer being by myself, but loneliness is not what I choose. I think being isolated has made me realized that even though I am an introvert and enjoy alone time, I cannot stay alive in isolation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Lost Magic, Ready2GoNow2022 and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I honestly don't know how to handle it in a healthy manner anymore. People say you should accept it as part of life or what have you but I just can't do it. Loneliness is a major contributing factor for my reason for why I want to kill myself despite me trying to recover. And no matter how hard I fucking try loneliness is always there and that void never stops. I usually just try to force myself to sleep or on my pathetic days I'd even watch videos of people with their friends or whoever having a fun time envisioning myself there. And if none of those helps I either drink, smoke, pills, eat food, or something just to numb it out. And if none of those work I just sink into myself and cry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bigpink, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and natali4
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
How do you get yourself to function with no one around you, no support, no help, no friend, nothing? How do you get yourself out of your funk?
I don't.

Unfortunately it comes to an ugly head.
I might express some of the disturbing thoughts that occur.

That really upsets people, that's why I don't enjoy expressing it. It bothers me so deeply.

Because of what happened to me and the fact that I'm all alone in general and trapped with this horrible memory and existence, I just rejoice in the sick ideas until I can't take it anymore.

Unfortunately those fucked up thoughts? They don't stop.
I literally resent people so much now that … I shouldn't even fuckin say anymore.

I'm sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: natali4, Circles, markimobzzdeasui and 2 others
goofy

goofy

Chicago's goofiest shooter
Apr 9, 2022
only way you can "cope" with loneliness is by distracting yourself. Nothing long term will ever fill the hole that consistent, meaningful social interaction provides.

maybe get really into a video game or something

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: natali4 and Circles
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I have an attachment disorder so I often feel like my soul or whatever is being sucked out of me or that my chest is being stabbed repeatedly. I suffer through it and wait. I tell myself things like "My emotions are just superimposed phenomena. The real me is calm and detached."

• Hugs
Reactions: natali4