BetweenRadioStations

BetweenRadioStations

Student
Aug 10, 2021
Acceptance isn't a coping mechanism. Acceptance is a possible positive product of having working coping mechanisms. I have nothing that could motivate acceptance.
You can use acceptance as a way to stop fighting what is and that can be a coping skills. Humans cope. You don't have to be aware of your coping skills to have them.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You can use acceptance as a way to stop fighting what is and that can be a coping skills. Humans cope. You don't have to be aware of your coping skills to have them.
I'm saying acceptance is something you have to arrive at, not something you can order yourself to do.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Some things I still actually enjoy:

sleep, (short) funny YT videos, masturbation, music, my like 10 kinds of food I eat over and over, talking to like 2-3 like-minded people, sometimes playing a pc game (when in the right mood), SS&reddit&insta(for memes), drawing&reading, watching a show/movie, walking in nature when nobody's around, cleaning...in that that order - because sleep is still #1

BetweenRadioStations

BetweenRadioStations

Student
Aug 10, 2021
I'm saying acceptance is something you have to arrive at, not something you can order yourself to do.
You can bring yourself to acceptance even at the whims and throws of your mood. I have. I am. To some level or another at least.
Some things I still actually enjoy:

sleep, (short) funny YT videos, masturbation, music, my like 10 kinds of food I eat over and over, talking to like 2-3 like-minded people, sometimes playing a pc game (when in the right mood), SS&reddit&insta(for memes), drawing&reading, watching a show/movie, walking in nature when nobody's around, cleaning...in that that order - because sleep is still #1
Would you be open to sharing some of your art work?

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Accepting my situation?
No.
Well, sometimes...
But acceptance feels too much like a betrayal of reason.
I hope I can stumble on it in the future though. Even though I can't picture it differently than just deeper apathy. But maybe, someday, I'll trip and fall in a nice hole of real acceptance.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms
R

rioghbhardain

Dec 23, 2020
Greek. Learning Ancient Greek has saved my life. It's precisely what has kept me motivated during the last 7 or so years, but especially the last 2. I've devoted most of my time to it. It's a shame that all the effort and time I've put into it will just go to waste...

Reactions: BetweenRadioStations and Makko