W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
So, right now, I'm drinking some awesome vodka and got happy and kinda drunk already but I was thinking....

"Okay. Alcohol is the only thing that is making me cope with life. Otherwise, I would be already dead"

Thus, I wonder, How do you cope with life until "the day" finally comes????

Alcohol, Drugs, Movies? What is it?

I bet your answers will be really interesting and I might get some alternatives because I know how bad alcohol is for my health but who cares!? I'll be gone by the 21st of January if I get my sn and my plan works.

Hugs and Love,

Matt

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Zoya, Bigpink and 15 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Well, what I would do is keep busy to pass time. Look into new tv shows or movies, play a new video game (I can give you a good list), think about small things you would like to experience again like foods or walking locations.

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, NodusTollens, DivineMedicus and 7 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, what I would do is keep busy to pass time. Look into new tv shows or movies, play a new video game (I can give you a good list), think about small things you would like to experience again like goods or walking locations.

I love tv shows and videogames so you gotta tell me that list! Sounds great!

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Wraith, BitterlyAlive_ and 3 others
ansiedad

ansiedad

Alone
Dec 29, 2020
"If I'm gonna die
If I'm gonna kill myself, I should take some drugs, you know?"
-Kurt Cobain

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: W’ren, NeverSatisfied, NodusTollens and 9 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
"If I'm gonna die
If I'm gonna kill myself, I should take some drugs, you know?"
-Kurt Cobain
Oh my gosh! Kurt was really a genius!

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Deleted member 22624, Wraith and 4 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Distractions..like you mentioned, but mostly I do not cope well at all, I have a mental breakdown nearly every day and I really wonder how I haven't just keeled over from the years of constant stress, lack of sleep, sobbing and screaming alone into the ether. It is a 24/7 torture session on repeat. Unfortunately even distractions remind me that I cannot enjoy anything, eventually they set me off in one way or another, they are not without reminders of my situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Barracuda91, Deleted member 22624 and 9 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I love tv shows and videogames so you gotta tell me that list! Sounds great!
Terraria and Stardew valley are cool, and they are both IPad and PC. For PC the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. Also city skylines is good. Pokemon sword and shield for switch. Undertale is legit, and is on PC or switch. Animal crossing new horizon.

Sorry love, I'll end up keeping you going thousands of hours with these.

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, DivineMedicus, Fehler and 5 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Uh, I guess I've always tried to cope with escapism. Video games, music...and I used to be able to just drive and drive.

• Love
Reactions: AQUA, Wraith, ansiedad and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Terraria and Stardew valley are cool, and they are both IPad and PC. For PC the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. Also city skylines is good. Pokemon sword and shield for switch. Undertale is legit, and is on PC or switch. Animal crossing new horizon.

I used to play like A LOT Elder Scrolls and fallout 4!! Thanks a bunch for the list. I'll check the rest. I actually need some gaming. Gotta take advantage of my gaming pc lol!
You're da best Rosey!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus, Wraith, ansiedad and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I try to keep my mind as busy as possible this is typically by spending way to much time on the internet) and I also mentally play ostrich (aka stick my head in the sand).

I am scared, and yet at the same time can't wait. But SI, sighs.....

So in the mean time, I try to ignore the mean as best I can. I know that when the day comes it is going to have to be done quickly and without thought, because otherwise, I do not think I will be able to overcome SI.

Hugs and love right back atcha Mat,
You are a beautiful person.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Dortydoo, Wraith and 3 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

I just got ACNH, I wish I could fully enjoy it. It was specifically supposed to be for a distraction while I prepare things, along with the whole console but it's not working as I hoped. I think a lot of people do like that game as a form of self soothing though, so good recommendation.

• Love
Reactions: Wraith, MindFrog, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
ansiedad

ansiedad

Alone
Dec 29, 2020

Fallout

Fallout New Vegas ❤️
Uh, I guess I've always tried to cope with escapism. Video games, music...and I used to be able to just drive and drive.
Drive and drive are my distraction some nights. But I can't do this in the night because covid.

• Love
Reactions: Dortydoo, Wraith and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I just got ACNH, I wish I could fully enjoy it. It was specifically supposed to be for a distraction while I prepare things, along with the whole console but it's not working as I hoped. I think a lot of people do like that game as a form of self soothing though, so good recommendation.
How far in have you gotten?

Reactions: LastFlowers
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Drive and drive are my distraction some nights. But I can't do this in the night because covid.
Oh, I assume your area has a curfew? That stinks, night driving is so chill...

• Hugs
Reactions: Dortydoo, Fehler, Wraith and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I try to keep my mind as busy as possible this is typically by spending way to much time on the internet) and I also mentally play ostrich (aka stick my head in the sand).

I am scared, and yet at the same time can't wait. But SI, sighs.....

So in the mean time, I try to ignore the mean as best I can. I know that when the day comes it is going to have to be done quickly and without thought, because otherwise, I do not think I will be able to overcome SI.

Hugs and love right back atcha Mat,
You are a beautiful person.

I really understand what you mean, my dear Weary Soul, the more we have our mind busy, the better. I'll try to do that too!
(I was learning japanese until some weeks ago but got fed up with it. It's amazing how much it was helping me. I felt like a boss haha. So I might go back to it too.)

Thanks a lot for your comments! love u!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wraith, Weary Soul and Ghost2211
Deleted member 24434

Deleted member 24434

Dec 3, 2020
Alcohol and cigarettes help with my immediate feelings of hating life. Music, books and documentaries about the ocean really calm me, especially the ocean. It's so beautiful and the life within it is like nothing else I've ever loved. I wish I was a fish lol. Just swimming effortlessly in turquoise waters. No sadness, no fear, just getting on with life.

• Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, Wraith, ansiedad and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Alcohol and cigarettes help with my immediate feelings of hating life. Music, books and documentaries about the ocean really calm me, especially the ocean. It's so beautiful and the life within it is like nothing else I've ever loved. I wish I was a fish lol. Just swimming effortlessly in turquoise waters. No sadness, no fear, just getting on with life.

You made me feel like watching ocean stuff now! I'll definitely do it tomorrow, during my hangover! Thank you! LOL

• Love
Reactions: Wraith, ansiedad and Deleted member 24434
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
My kids, running, and Clonazepam.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: W’ren, Wraith, ansiedad and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Distractions..like you mentioned, but mostly I do not cope well at all, I have a mental breakdown nearly every day and I really wonder how I haven't just keeled over from the years of constant stress, lack of sleep, sobbing and screaming alone into the ether. It is a 24/7 torture session on repeat. Unfortunately even distractions remind me that I cannot enjoy anything, eventually they set me off in one way or another, they are not without reminders of my situation.
I can relate.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and WornOutLife
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
music... and sleep. also games, dreams, arts and philosophy

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Jarni, ansiedad and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My kids, running, and Clonazepam.
I'm glad your kids are helping so much! Also, clonazepam is a great "friend" ! I miss him but I fell in love with lorazepam 4mg lol

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: hellodarkness, Wraith and ansiedad
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
...(I was learning japanese until some weeks ago but got fed up with it. It's amazing how much it was helping me. I felt like a boss haha. So I might go back to it too.)...

Thanks a lot for your comments! love u!

I was trying to learn Dutch via Duolingo, and Korean and Chinese, because I love movie series from Korea and China (which I can totally get lost in - ha!). Sighs... I can pick up words here and there, but am not so good at different languages. (I really wish I had learned at least one different language during the time the brain is most able to learn a second language).

You are totally like a boss :wink:

Japanese would be another language I would have liked to have learned - thinking movies again - ha!

By the way, I am so sorry about your mother. My aunt was paranoid schizophrenic and her children went through hell. I did not see her all that much so I did not impact me in the same way, but I understand what you are living with - it is so difficult.

<3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fehler, Wraith, Ἡγησίας and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was trying to learn Dutch via Duolingo, and Korean and Chinese, because I love movie series from Korea and China (which I can totally get lost in - ha!). Sighs... I can pick up words here and there, but am not so good at different languages. (I really wish I had learned at least one different language during the time the brain is most able to learn a second language).

You are totally like a boss :wink:

Japanese would be another language I would have liked to have learned - thinking movies again - ha!

By the way, I am so sorry about your mother. My aunt was paranoid schizophrenic and her children went through hell. I did not see her all that much so I did not impact me in the same way, but I understand what you are living with - it is so difficult.

<3
The fact you've mentioned my mother makes me realize you read my comments for real. Thank you so much for that!
Yes, having a person, especially your mom, with schizophrenia in the family, makes everything absolutely worse! We just can't handle her anymore but now, my grandpa is possibly about to die (he's in a critical condition and doctors say he doesn't have much time left), so my dad and me are focused on that. The next step will be my mother. We really wanna help her but she sees us as "enemies" so it's sooooo hard!!!!

I wish I could solve this issues before leaving!

Anyway, sorry for posting an extent reply.

Wish you the best and you know, I really like you =)

• Hugs
Reactions: JayDog, Wraith and Ἡγησίας
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Gaming, anime, food and beverages, music and more. And now I'm trying to draw, make music or write something. It looks like I have a lot but actually all of them are meaningless when I get anhedonic.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wraith, demuic, Ἡγησίας and 1 other person
confused-gemini

confused-gemini

Jan 7, 2021

Elder scrolls & fallout are the best!!

• Love
Reactions: ansiedad, Wraith, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Hey no need to apologize. I appreciate your responses.

My uncle was extremely wealthy (course he did not spread that to me....), but he was able to have a ton of help at home for her, including her own personal driver, get top notch physicians and treatments, and was able to mitigate some of the damage she did.

My aunt, because of her severe paranoia, also saw those who cared for her as enemies. She even chased my cousin around the house with a butcher knife, or so I was told. That depth of paranoia is extremely difficult to live with let alone to try and get someone help for - this disease is truly horrific.

I am so sorry you are facing even more difficulties right now with your grandfather.

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't some kind of joker up there who gets some kind of sick thrill at throwing tragedies at me (or those of us here), and just for fun cause s/he is bored, says, ok what next, what else can I do to try and break them.

O.O

I am so sorry you have suffered so much - you have been so kind to so many here despite what you have been through, be well Matt, as best as you can be under these circumstances.

<3

• Love
Reactions: Cockatoo, Deleted member 22624, Wraith and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hey no need to apologize. I appreciate your responses.

My uncle was extremely wealthy (course he did not spread that to me....), but he was able to have a ton of help at home for her, including her own personal driver, get top notch physicians and treatments, and was able to mitigate some of the damage she did.

My aunt, because of her severe paranoia, also saw those who cared for her as enemies. She even chased my cousin around the house with a butcher knife, or so I was told. That depth of paranoia is extremely difficult to live with let alone to try and get someone help for - this disease is truly horrific.

I am so sorry you are facing even more difficulties right now with your grandfather.

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't some kind of joker up there who gets some kind of sick thrill at throwing tragedies at me (or those of us here), and just for fun cause s/he is bored, says, ok what next, what else can I do to try and break them.

O.O

I am so sorry you have suffered so much - you have been so kind to so many here despite what you have been through, be well Matt, as best as you can be under these circumstances.

<3

If I happen to find that joker, don't worry, I'll personally kick his ass lol

• Love
Reactions: Weary Soul, Wraith and Ghost2211
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Ugh I wish I had a better PC, there's a huge backlog of games I want to play before I ctb, but alas, It's not like I can play it freely in this household without getting yelled at.

Cleaning stuff kind of helps me. I frequently check our basement for junk that I can reuse (like a bookcase etc.) and I'll make it my project. It's really satisfying when you restore those into something useful. I got a working oven toaster from that pile.

There's also cooking, and gardening. It can take your mind off the void for a while if you dig it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, LastFlowers, Deleted member 22624 and 3 others
Wraith

Wraith

Lost in The Void
Nov 4, 2020
I mostly use alcohol, anime, video games, and daydreaming. I've been learning German for a bit, but I'm not as dedicated as I was when I had first started. Memorization of the vocabulary is simple, but it's the damn grammar that befuddles me.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and WornOutLife