• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

random_user

It's impossible to lose it all and still be alive
Jun 17, 2022
I'm wondering how the part of you that does live a "double life" manages to do so?

In my case, on paper and in my daily life I'm a talented and successful person who has a decent job and his life in order, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it seems like to most people in my life. On my inside however I hate having to exist each and every day with every fibre of my being. It's been a few years now that I've been living like this and it's getting harder and harder. How are you guys managing to do this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Buildingsandcastles, Deleted member 65988 and 12 others
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
I'm wondering how the part of you that does live a "double life" manages to do so?

In my case, on paper and in my daily life I'm a talented and successful person who has a decent job and his life in order, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it seems like to most people in my life. On my inside however I hate having to exist each and every day with every fibre of my being. It's been a few years now that I've been living like this and it's getting harder and harder. How are you guys managing to do this?
I can relate, i had the same profile of yours. But slowly my life colapsed. Little by little things started to fall apart. Even with therapies, medication, fancy retreats, diet, exercises, etc things simply gets harder and harder, untill everything starts to collapse

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles and random_user
Upvote 2
R

random_user

Jun 17, 2022
I can relate, i had the same profile of yours. But slowly my life colapsed. Little by little things started to fall apart. Even with therapies, medication, fancy retreats, diet, exercises, etc things simply gets harder and harder, untill everything starts to collapse
Thank you for your comment. It really sounds like my life described and summarized. At least I know I'm not the only one in this situation I guess

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: bcl001 and LifeIsCrazyNemb
Upvote 0
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Thank you for your comment. It really sounds like my life described and summarized. At least I know I'm not the only one in this situation I guess
Hey. Surely there are many cases of "sucess". Mine is just a failure story. Hope you can find a way to make things easier for you. Good luck!

Reactions: random_user
Upvote 0
R

random_user

Jun 17, 2022
Hey. Surely there are many cases of "sucess". Mine is just a failure story. Hope you can find a way to make things easier for you. Good luck!
Thanks a lot, wishing you the best too! :)

Upvote 0
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
When I did, it was exhausting and I needed a lot of time for myself to recharge. But it stopped working ocasionally and one time I attempted ctb before work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, random_user and Lostandlooking
Upvote 0
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I stopped living a double life a while ago. I am very matter of fact about wanting to CTB. I talk about about it rather freely now to everyone in my life and have no shame telling people I could disappear any day now. I've come to the realization that there's nothing wrong or taboo with wanting to leave this exponentially-declining, shit-infested world. It should be normalized, legalized and made easily accessible. Let the happy people enjoy their world. Why should we have to stay rounfto ruin it?

Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Buildingsandcastles, Deleted member 65988 and 7 others
Upvote 0
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
I understand you. But I have no answer to your question. As for me, no one will ever mistake me for a shiny happy person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, random_user and Lostandlooking
Upvote 0
I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
My life is anything but a success story and doesn't look like one to the outside world, however I still have to put on a front to people as if everything were okay. Its painful. You just live in pain all the time. Draining too. I can't say I've got any solution for you, but maybe it would be a relief to be honest with people about how you feel. Might backfire though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Buildingsandcastles, gantaigarashi and 1 other person
Upvote 0
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
i do it as i was in a drama, like an actor. i think of the lines of my character and then i say them. the lines are usually those that people find pleasing or give a nice reaction, a smile, a laugh, or anything like that. with time the lines just come out naturally.

also be careful with "breaking character", people react horribly with that

• Love
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Buildingsandcastles, reclaimedbynature and 1 other person
Upvote 0
B

bcl001

Dec 6, 2023
Because it's all I know how to do and all I've ever known. I think it's purely habit. Like you, on paper my life is great. Successful, fit, healthy, hobbies, maintains social relationships, etc, etc. I'm generally a very functional human.

Sometimes I even trick myself into feeling like I am normal and happy. But there are two things that always return me to reality:

1) Asking myself if I had CTB'd a decade ago would I regret it? The answer has never been yes.

2) When I get sad thinking about my upcoming CTB plans realising that I am sad for those who will be left behind, not for any future I may have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, Shrike and Lostandlooking
Upvote 0
J

Jarring

Dec 27, 2023
Ig putting on a mask?
It becomes habit and although ive wanted to speak to someone about my feelings ive lost the trust in people i used to have.
So you learn to automatically create a persona in which society wont hurt you more

Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Buildingsandcastles and Lostandlooking
Upvote 0
Ovid

Ovid

FML
Feb 2, 2024
I relate. The lives you live start to bleed into each other and you start to care about all of them less, until you just don't care how any of the lives you lead end up.

• Love
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles
Upvote 0
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
It was habitual for me. People don't like it when you're not a good person. People judge you if you're not 100% successful. So I simply pretended everything was okay for everyone else, when in reality things have never been okay once in my life. It's easy for me to stay silent about it and present the front since that's all I've ever known.

Eventually, it led to a downward spiral and eventually, I was on the verge of ctbing before and after my work shifts. Soon I stopped pretending to be happy and that everything was ok. Oddly enough, nobody seemed to notice.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles
Upvote 0
C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
I'm personally very clear and open about the fact that I'm severely depressed and hate myself and my life. But I'm careful to hide any suicidal desires, and I say that I'm not having any such thoughts whenever I'm asked.

I'm faking any tone I use by default anyway (because of autism), so it's not hard to fake "completely opposed to doing that, I would never"

Upvote 0
Proxycake

Proxycake

Matrimony
Feb 20, 2023
I act formal all day when I work. It's horrible, it's exhausting, but it's starting to convince me that that's just who I am. It wipes away the feeling that I was ever not okay

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and gantaigarashi
Upvote 0
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I just keep faking it and putting one foot in front of the other.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles and Captive_Mind515
Upvote 0
onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
Firstly, I apologize if there's any typos or general writing mistakes in here, I'm extremely tired as I write this for a few different unrelated reasonings.

In my case I think that my family is slowly starting to realize that any attempt I make at making my life better is an act to satisfy their demands and get them away from me,
who have consistently bothered me about improving my life in the past. They think that I'm depressed because I don't have anything to do in my life.

Considering that they only just now realized, I don't think it's too late to convince them otherwise as they still don't know about my desire to CTB, but they are becoming aware of my depression.

I think I am going to experiment. What I am gonna do is not "overdo" it, If I put on too much of a character to convince them that I am not depressed and not planning to CTB I feel as if they'll see straight through me because I'm making it too obvious, as I believe they have now. I don't know if I could consider this as advice as I don't have a ton of experience with trying not to overdo my act, but I think that it will help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Null Hypothesis and Buildingsandcastles
Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
That's a very good question.... guess for many there is just no other option. It s very exhausting and therefore causes even more depressions.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, random_user and Captive_Mind515
Upvote 0
D

DeletedAccount0864

Experienced
Dec 17, 2023
As others have said, it takes a lot of energy. I manage by knowing that things would be even worse for me if I exposed myself as being the way I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Buildingsandcastles, random_user and 2 others
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I tell myself: 'You can't kill yourself while your Dad is still alive and, you need to do the best you can to be financially independent and not reveal just how bad things are in terms of ideation.'

Beyond that, there are certain things I've done/ do to try and make things easier on myself. My unrealistic ambitions in life have largely gone. While it means I have less incentive to live, it means I also don't have that constant anxiety of- how am I going to achieve my goals? And, that constant feeling of failure that I haven't achieved them. It's been so nice to shed myself of that crap!

Plus- the promise of an early death at some point is reassuring to me. I don't want to have to worry about not having enough of a pension or, being ill and helpless alone. I like the idea that I don't need to worry about all that. I just need to concentrate on treading water reluctantly now but- that's basically it for me. Just about treading water and enjoying the feeling that I'm in part, free of the things that used to eat me up with worry when I was younger.

Of course, I'm still struggling. I've become so lethargic recently. Things are beginning to look much healthier for me in terms of freelance work. Which, at one time would have made me over the moon. Now, I just feel varying levels of reluctance about everything. Again though, I suppose I tell myself ultimately that I can't fail. If I keep on procrastinating now, it's going to make things so much worse in future. I suppose as well though- it confirms to me that I am ready to go when the time comes. That has to be a good thing. I want to feel sure about my decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shrike and Captive_Mind515
Upvote 0
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I tell myself: 'You can't kill yourself while your Dad is still alive and, you need to do the best you can to be financially independent and not reveal just how bad things are in terms of ideation.'

Beyond that, there are certain things I've done/ do to try and make things easier on myself. My unrealistic ambitions in life have largely gone. While it means I have less incentive to live, it means I also don't have that constant anxiety of- how am I going to achieve my goals? And, that constant feeling of failure that I haven't achieved them. It's been so nice to shed myself of that crap!

Plus- the promise of an early death at some point is reassuring to me. I don't want to have to worry about not having enough of a pension or, being ill and helpless alone. I like the idea that I don't need to worry about all that. I just need to concentrate on treading water reluctantly now but- that's basically it for me. Just about treading water and enjoying the feeling that I'm in part, free of the things that used to eat me up with worry when I was younger.

Of course, I'm still struggling. I've become so lethargic recently. Things are beginning to look much healthier for me in terms of freelance work. Which, at one time would have made me over the moon. Now, I just feel varying levels of reluctance about everything. Again though, I suppose I tell myself ultimately that I can't fail. If I keep on procrastinating now, it's going to make things so much worse in future. I suppose as well though- it confirms to me that I am ready to go when the time comes. That has to be a good thing. I want to feel sure about my decision.

Same, I have given up in some respects. But at the same time I tell myself that I still need to maintain certain standards, because even if my destiny is ctb I still need to be in control of how everything pans out. That's probably a strange mentality for some people, I imagine. Because everyone's personality is different. The "I can't fail" here... that's definitely something that goes through my head quite a bit.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Upvote 0
Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024

I'm very much this way. I no longer have any achievement goals as I know they simply won't happen. So that anxiety of not doing enough or missing out or what not is finally gone. It does reduce incentive to live. There isn't really much to look forward to, it's all gray.

Just being for the sake of being for the time, a coffee here a movie there. Jobs are sadly tough for me to tolerate, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: random_user and Forever Sleep
Upvote 0
R

random_user

Jun 17, 2022
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. Thanks for all of your two cents on the matter. It's strangely comforting to read that a lot of people are in a similar situation as myself. I wish you all the best!

• Hugs
Reactions: Null Hypothesis
Upvote 0