dopamine333

dopamine333

En mi tumba jalen cokein
Jul 6, 2022
Today is my birthday, however I am not happy about it.

I remember that two or three birthdays ago it was an important day, of celebration and fun. But today I can't stop thinking about what the hell I'm doing alive.
Every day I feel more useless for being in this limbo, in the middle of death and life, with one foot on each side but unable to move to either.

I really want ctb but I'm so frozen that I can't take action.
Every day more gray, monotonous and meaningless. I hope I can find some relief soon.

Anyway, I hope I don't have to celebrate another one xd

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, sad_rock, Sannti and 11 others
loser098

loser098

Nov 16, 2023
Dread it. It's a day of reminding me how behind I am in terms of development as a person. Honestly, I don't think I'll celebrate my next in any meaningful way. Too awkward.

Happy birthday, OP. Hope you find happiness one day.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Lupgevif, sad_rock and 4 others
The Silly Sluggy

The Silly Sluggy

Nobody to anybody.
Nov 18, 2023
Yeah I don't like birthdays either. For me it's just another number in a world full of enough of that... I especially hate birthdays cause there CAN be nobody there to celebrate it, and I'd rather not have a birthday at all, just so I don't get my hopes up or something stupid.

Happy birthday btw! I'll crack open a cold one for your special day cause why not ^^

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, sad_rock, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I never celebrate it, bc it's just not a good thing to be born into this hellhole, to have it imposed on me by my parents, who really didn't think it through before gambling me into this game. It's unlucky to be born imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 2 others
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
There are some aspects about my birthday I enjoy, like getting to eat cake.. Can definitely understand your frustration with it though and I'm sorry to hear. Happy birthday to you though, I hope you can find some happiness and peace one day.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Lupgevif, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
dopamine333

dopamine333

En mi tumba jalen cokein
Jul 6, 2022
Dread it. It's a day of reminding me how behind I am in terms of development as a person. Honestly, I don't think I'll celebrate my next in any meaningful way. Too awkward.

Happy birthday, OP. Hope you find happiness one day

That is a interesting way to live Your birthday. Thanks 4 the good hopee

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif and Praestat_Mori
StellaSomnus

StellaSomnus

Dormies sicut stellae luceant
Aug 18, 2023
Happy birthday, my darling. I hope you have at least a good one. If you don't have a reason to treat yourself, then your birthday would be the day for it.

Personally, I don't make my birthday a huge deal, and to some extent I don't give a shit about my birthday, to me it's just another day, but I do treat myself with something nice. I usually am stingy in spending money even for myself so for my birthday. A high quality Victoria Sandwich is a treat for my birthday.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
dopamine333

dopamine333

En mi tumba jalen cokein
Jul 6, 2022
Yeah I don't like birthdays either. For me it's just another number in a world full of enough of that... I especially hate birthdays cause there CAN be nobody there to celebrate it, and I'd rather not have a birthday at all, just so I don't get my hopes up or something stupid.

Happy birthday btw! I'll crack open a cold one for your special day cause why not ^^
Rolling another One to share with u cold ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 1 other person
M

mia_qwerty

Student
Apr 13, 2023
My birthday soon too and hoping it will be my last. I have nothing to live for.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif and Praestat_Mori
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I hate it. I hate remembering I'm not dead. I hate remembering all the times where I had enough motivation to die but I didn't try. I hate being obliged to eat. I hate acting over gifts. I do appreciate gifts, but I have to put a lot of effort into showing appreciation. If I just be myself, I'm seen as an ingrate.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Lupgevif, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
happy birthday!

i agree with hating birthdays as well. although for slightly different reasons. i was adopted, my birth mom left me as soon as i was born. so it always feels like the day i was just left behind. even when i was super young, i always realized that to be adopted.. it means someone leaves you behind, someone who's supposed to love you but doesn't enough to keep you. i've sort of changed my perspective of it over the years, understanding that she wanted the best for me, and she knew she couldn't care for me. the day still hurts though.
when my partner was alive, we always planed our future together in conversations, sometimes year by year, so now it makes birthdays worse, because it marks another year where he won't be here anymore, and i won't be able to live that future. without him it feels like there's no future, because he was supposed to be the future but there's no point now :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, sad_rock, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
D1byRam3n

D1byRam3n

Trying to escape from cruel reality
Nov 14, 2023
Nothing... special it just like ordinary day and im not celebrating my birthday with everyone in my family on every year...anyway happy birthday! Sorry if its late...

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I don't like birthdays either. Why would I celebrate being born? It's the worst thing that ever happened to me! Plus- yeah- one year older. That's not a good thing as you get older. Just means more stuff is likely to start failing within our bodies.

I find all celebrations weird though. I don't tend to celebrate any of them- Christmas, New Years, birthdays. It's an odd feeling though because, you get that heightened sense of how abnormal you are. That most people are having fun with their families.

I have these weird contradictory feelings with birthdays. Like- I don't want to celebrate it but- if people do forget, that still kind of hurts. Don't really understand it. I guess it is the whole thing that it tends to highlight how abnormal things are. I guess sometimes I wonder if I had the potential to be anything different and I suppose I did. But then- pointless throwing a pity party because I've brought this on myself. It probably is what I prefer or- feel most comfortable with at the end of the day.

I hope you find a way to enjoy the day. Treat yourself to something you like.

• Hugs
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
That's not a good thing as you get older. Just means more stuff is likely to start failing within our bodies.
Well, you do inch that much closer to death :).

• Yay!
Reactions: Lupgevif, jar-baby, livinginhellnation and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My birthday is tomorrow… I feel indifferent about it although I wish I had been successful all those months ago, before I am now burdened to another potential year of living. I may or may not be here to celebrate my next birthday next year.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: permanently tired, Lupgevif, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
just_erika

just_erika

Mar 14, 2023
hate it. coincidentally today is also my birthday. and i just turned 30
just feels bad
I just don't want to recognize this day as anything special. just exist and not think about it
but ppl insist on celebratng/doing something

already had a fight with gf because she cannot comprehend how much I hate this day

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, Skathon, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Before my big failure in life a few years ago I always liked my birthday though I haven't really celebrated anymore when I grew older. I didn't mind my birthday.

But since I failed in life and each year is only a decline ending worse than the last one I hate being reminded of my birthday bc it's just another terrible year behind me and ahead of me.

The thing is there're still people (family and friends) who congratulate and then I have to wear the "everything is super good and fine mask" ... I HATE IT!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It just reminds me that I've suffered for yet another year in this existence I've never seen as desirable in the first place. It terrifies me the thought of reaching a much older age and how this existence could potentially go on for decades, it's so horrible how we cannot just have the option to easily die in peace.

Reactions: myusername890 and Lupgevif
C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
Its nice, just not my thing anymore. Also belated birthday!

Reactions: Lupgevif
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
My birthday is tomorrow… I feel indifferent about it although I wish I had been successful all those months ago, before I am now burdened to another potential year of living. I may or may not be here to celebrate my next birthday next year.
happy birthday!

• Love
Reactions: Lupgevif and アホペンギン
autistocracy

autistocracy

angel
Dec 1, 2022
I hate my birthday. I bawled my eyes out when I turned 25 this year. I plan on ctb by 27. I don't want to see 30 at all, I've lived enough.
Anyways, happy birthday OP

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Dread mine.

Reactions: Skathon and Lupgevif
S

suicidal flapper

Student
Jul 15, 2023
I hate it. I no one to celebrate it with and no reason to either. It's also the day where my family where my family has the perfect excuse to give me actual garbage that they bought years ago because of hoarding habits.

I don't get the appeal of growing older either

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I feel neutral about my birthday. It's just another day to me. The only thing I like about my birthday is how close it is to my dad's birthday, so if I do celebrate it I can do it with him, but that's it. Otherwise, I just treat it any other day. I nearly forgot my last birthday.

turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
My birthday was very recently. I hate the fact that my family won't leave me alone on it but I appreciate the things that my friends give me. It's pretty much neutral, although it doesn't really feel like a special day.

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
hated them since 16. they're reminders that time has passed, but I'm still stuck.

I'm especially dreading 20 since there's been some comfort, in feeling heretofore that it mattered less if I was a mess since I was just a teenager. entering my 20s and still being in this limbo— where I can't commit to either recovery or death— still having my parents exert the amount of control they do over my life, still having done nothing worthwhile with these years... isn't something i'm going to be happy about. I know 20 is still super young, so I'm definitely being irrational but...

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
hated them since 16. they're reminders that time has passed, but I'm still stuck.

I'm especially dreading 20 since there's been some comfort, in feeling heretofore that it mattered less if I was a mess since I was just a teenager. entering my 20s and still being in this limbo— where I can't commit to either recovery or death— still having my parents exert the amount of control they do over my life, still having done nothing worthwhile with these years... isn't something i'm going to be happy about. I know 20 is still super young, so I'm definitely being irrational but...
And we will no longer be able to point to you as an example of how wise teenagers can be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Lupgevif and jar-baby
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I love it. It's like a first taste of Christmas for me. I don't get gifts anymore in either dates, but I had so many good birthdays in my youth, I still associate the date to good things. Reminds me of the few good things I had. And the few people that still wish me a happy birthday make me feel all cheery like I felt when being wished a happy birthday when I was a kid.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Dreadful. It reminds me of how much not an adult i am. I'm pretty behind all my peers developementally.