R

returntothevoid

Student
Jul 20, 2023
After reading the recent BBC article, and also past reporting of people who caught the bus after using this site, how do the families find out that the person who CBT used this site? Do the feds look at the internet history of people who CBT? Did the families look into it themselves and look through the person's stuff and find passwords or something?

I'm asking because I don't want my family to know I was browsing this site after I CBT. I just want to get all my finances and things in order and go with little trace.

Reactions: Venessolotic
struggles_inc

struggles_inc

life is a highway and i wanna wreck my car
Jun 24, 2023
Yes they probably go through the devices, check history and saved passwords.

Reactions: Venessolotic, majortom and returntothevoid
Upvote 0
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i'd assume it's the family bc i can't see why law enforcement would get so involved w a suicide. just wipe all traces of u ever being here & i don't think u have to worry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, sserafim, Sid19 and 2 others
Upvote 0
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yes, they examine devices and internet history. A former police officer member here said you can expect them to review around 2 weeks of history.

i'd assume it's the family bc i can't see why law enforcement would get so involved w a suicide. just wipe all traces of u ever being here & i don't think u have to worry.
It sucks that our deaths have to be treated as crimes but at the very least they have to be sure they are dealing with a true suicide and not something else.

Reactions: Venessolotic, sserafim, Sid19 and 7 others
Upvote 0
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Well I won't delete my computer or phone history or anything and i don't have a password on my computer so anyone who's interested will find out where I've been but I don't really care.
If anything I think people should be more aware of this site.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic and Deadfrogwalking
Upvote 0
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Yes, they examine devices and internet history. A former police officer member here said you can expect them to review around 2 weeks of history.
yeah that's prob a possibility, i didn't think abt that. sounds like OP really will have to erase all traces he was ever on here then :// dang

Upvote 0
R

returntothevoid

Student
Jul 20, 2023

It sucks that our deaths have to be treated as crimes but at the very least they have to be sure they are dealing with a true suicide and not something else.
So just to be clear: are you saying police ALWAYS review a dead person's (who caught the bus) internet history? And then report their findings to their family? Do they look at EVERYTHING everything? And how do they get access to this? Would simply burning my password book and chucking my phone in a lake somewhere be sufficient or what are the extent of tools/ lengths do they go to check my internet activity?

Reactions: Venessolotic
Upvote 0
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Don't stress about the postmortem, especially if you're not a tech expert.

Police investigations are unpredictable, and all deaths require the involvement of city officials. If LE looks at your tech, they will find what they are looking for if it exists.

Methods involving a shady network of people (SN, gun, drugs, poison, etc.), or your parents mentioning cyberbullying, pedo grooming, or relationship abuse will entail a thorough investigation.

Much of this information will come from your social media and previous conversations with your parents and friends.

Reactions: Venessolotic and Sid19
Upvote 0
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
Even failing an investigation from LEA, some folks just cannot accept that someone they loved committed suicide and they desperately need someone to blame. All the energy of mourning builds up and it has to go somewhere. That's partially where things like the initiatives to ban SN come from, an illusion of control to try and cope with something that cannot be coped with.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Forever Sleep and returntothevoid
Upvote 0
D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
In the realistic, final end, it won't matter, people will believe what they want.
Investigations cost money, soon as law enforcement can call it suicide and not tie it to some other agrigious or illegal action they will forget all about you, just some poor schlep dotting I's and crossing T's to get through the day and collect a paycheck.
Factoty reset, wipe and Destroy all your electronics, spread the pieces far enough apart to not be found as is reasonably possible for you, leave as few breadcrumbs to follow as possible and don't sweat it.
You will be gone, hopefully, finally at peace.

Reactions: Sid19 and returntothevoid
Upvote 0
R

returntothevoid

Student
Jul 20, 2023
Don't stress about the postmortem, especially if you're not a tech expert.

Police investigations are unpredictable, and all deaths require the involvement of city officials. If LE looks at your tech, they will find what they are looking for if it exists.

Methods involving a shady network of people (SN, gun, drugs, poison, etc.), or your parents mentioning cyberbullying, pedo grooming, or relationship abuse will entail a thorough investigation.

Much of this information will come from your social media and previous conversations with your parents and friends.
I can't seem to help but stress about the post mortem every time I think about catching the bus. Looking back on it now my fear of the post mortem and what my family will think of me has been the only reason I haven't committed in the past

• Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy
Upvote 0
sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
I'll make sure no one of my relatives or police find out that i'm member of this forum. Don't want this forum be blocked in my contry cuz of me. VPNs are still a thing, though

Reactions: Venessolotic and BlackMoon
Upvote 0
S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
If you wish not to be identified when you CTB on this site, wipe any/all email accounts that could provide clues, wipe memory cards and hard drives, and preferably burn them; and use cash or prepaid cards for all your purchases in your last weeks. The people who are "traced" as you say, want to be traced. You should be using Tor and/or a VPN for this site; and you should sign up with a throwaway email account on a throwaway phone or public internet source on a VPN.

The people traced back to this forum want to be traced back. Or they are just stupid.

Reactions: Venessolotic, sserafim and returntothevoid
Upvote 0
sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
If you wish not to be identified when you CTB on this site, wipe any/all email accounts that could provide clues, wipe memory cards and hard drives, and preferably burn them; and use cash or prepaid cards for all your purchases in your last weeks. The people who are "traced" as you say, want to be traced. You should be using Tor and/or a VPN for this site; and you should sign up with a throwaway email account on a throwaway phone or public internet source on a VPN.

The people traced back to this forum want to be traced back. Or they are just stupid.
well, VPNs are prohibited if you going to register on this site, except of cases when it's blocked in country. Also i don't think someone is going to dig that deep, we're not ordering heroin here xd

Reactions: Venessolotic and Sid19
Upvote 0