Fluke

Fluke

Sep 10, 2018
What age were you? Adolescent ward was far stricter than adult ward, but the adult ward was more neglectful and abusive.

Adult ward, which was certainly abusive.
It was strict but uncaring, and when you don't care, loads of stuff is done wrong.
And the classic oversubscribed and understaffed.

Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Adult ward, which was certainly abusive.
It was strict but uncaring, and when you don't care, loads of stuff is done wrong.
And the classic oversubscribed and understaffed.
Understaffed massively yep. If you ever want to talk about it feel free to drop me a pm. I had 11 weeks in adolescent ward which is a good frame of reference, then just last year I spent a week in an adult ward. I was not under section and was free to leave during the day but they never made this clear to me so I was under the impression I was locked up there. I wrote a pretty long write up about it you can find on my profile. I'm sorry you went through that.

I'm not sure if my experience was particularly worse or better than the usual.. but it was definitely an experience and a half. Most bizarre thing in my life has been psych wards.

Reactions: Fluke
T

texas_89

Sep 7, 2018
I'm in a mental hospital and they have 2 public computers for patient use in the day room.

Fluke

Fluke

Sep 10, 2018
Weedoge, I just read your account if the psych ward. I certainly understand and relate to a lot of your experiences in there.
It's unbelievable that things like sleep and basic care is ignored! The beds at my place were SO hard. Appalling blankets. One very thin pillow allowed. Curtains thin. Loud noises throughout the night! We were shouted at at wake up in morning. This is supposed to make us better? It's so sad. Activities were a joke as well, never done and weekend nothing happened. I find exercise helps me a lot. Could I do it? No. We didn't even have outdoor access! While we should be allowed out because voluntary, the truth was they would never let you out, just threaten you with sectioning if you asked. :(

Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge