L

lifegoeson

Jan 16, 2021
I'm torn, part of me is convinced cbt will save me from the pain of life. The other part of me believes I can turn my life around. But I feel like such a loser. Life feels overwhelming and too much to handle.

How do you decide? Do you give it one more go? Or do you admit defeat? I'm in limbo at the moment. I wont be receiving SN for a month (shipping wise) and I dont know whether to give life one more red hot go before packing it in? Any advice? :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, patheticpartner, Keto and 3 others
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
If some part of you believes you can turn your life around then why not try? Maybe it'll work out for you if you give it a shot

• Love
Reactions: Bazzinga, NeverSatisfied, Scooter and 5 others
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
If you're the least bit conflicted, my feeling is that you owe it to yourself to seek treatment.

• Love
Reactions: Bazzinga, NeverSatisfied, lobster salad and 2 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
If you have any doubts at all, you should carry on with your life until you can't see any way forward other than to ctb.
I hope you can turn your life around.
There are so many lovely people here who are willing to listen and offer advice to help you move forward. Good luck.

Reactions: Bazzinga, NeverSatisfied, lifegoeson and 3 others
B

blahblahhh

Jan 15, 2021
I've been in this limbo land for some time, friend. The option of cbt is a relief in itself. Like myself, I think if there is any will continue then capitalize on it where you can. It's always worth another go. My problem is I want everything to be changed and recovered overnight and none of us got into our situations that quick. It's hard to have patience with recovery. I've literally stripped it down to the minute and keep asking myself "what's the best thing I can do for myself in this moment?" And trying to follow that. Whether something as simple as drinking water or taking a shower. Minute by minute is way less daunting and makes the pain manageable.

Reactions: Bazzinga, lobster salad and Shades of Grey
L

lifegoeson

Jan 16, 2021
Guys I appreciate the advice so much ❤️ I feel so much less alone knowing I'm not the only one who feels this way. I feel guilty for wanting to ctb at times however I know no one wakes up and decides that they want to ctb out of the blue. I think I'm going to order SN just so I have peace of mind of a peaceful ctb if I decide to go that route but in the meantime do everything in my power to be happy .

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bazzinga, x~Sophia~x, mirko and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Everyone dies. Recently a very rich man from the US had his ass drop kicked straight into hell after a life of accumulating billions at the expense of dead Palestinians. In the USA this individual might be described as a "winner" by the dominant culture. The end result of your life and this guy will be basically the same as everyone dies. The only difference is between leaving now or later

J

johntee23

Jan 31, 2021
I'm torn, part of me is convinced cbt will save me from the pain of life. The other part of me believes I can turn my life around. But I feel like such a loser. Life feels overwhelming and too much to handle.

How do you decide? Do you give it one more go? Or do you admit defeat? I'm in limbo at the moment. I wont be receiving SN for a month (shipping wise) and I dont know whether to give life one more red hot go before packing it in? Any advice? :

Give it another go. What have you got to lose? I have lost my health and am chronically/terminally ill. I see suicide as a necessity. It's my only escape fro this Hell on earth. I'd love another attempt at life. My first one was poor and littered with depression and anxiety exacerbated by alcohol abuse. I didn't realise that those problems could have been solved if I'd looked for help or even realised that help existed.