WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
I've tried explaining my condition to them, but they don't think autism is real.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Broken_alice, sserafim and d3ad
d3ad

d3ad

Student
Mar 15, 2023
I am sorry that your parents are like that. You deserve better, to be honest. Are they religious or spiritual in any way? I have found that such beliefs can cloud some people's view of reality. You could try showing them peer reviewed studies talking about autism, and people's stories from the neurodivergent community. If I had a way, I would personally talk to them for you because it ca be exhausting to do all of that on your own.

Reactions: Yavannah, sserafim and WhenTheyCry
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Normie parents will never understand.

Your best trick is to get as much independence as possible and either leave them or keep them on a string, taking as many resources as you can take from them in a covert way, so you seem like a good kid to them.

They probably won't stop and later on will develop much more sadness and look down on you in certain ways, guilt tripping is a tactic they will employ to various ranges.

That then is the prime time to leave them, if they cause trouble you then put them in the worst rated nursing home to rot.

Hopefully my answer is an alternative, albeit less popular.

Reactions: sserafim
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I mean, you could go to a neurologist for objective proof. Although I'm curious as to how you say you're autistic yet your parents don't believe it's real if you don't have a professional diagnosis, and if you don't have a professional diagnosis, how you can say you have autism. That's the only way you know for sure. I got a diagnosis at the age of 2 since I had severe developmental delays, but the tests nowadays can show positive later in life, but again, you need to go to a neurologist for it.

Assuming you have a diagnosis from a neurologist, and they say it's not real, well then there's just no hope for them. I figured out a long time ago that people will not accommodate me, and that I'm the one who has to accommodate everyone else. It sucks a lot since the only thing people need to do is simply have awareness in many cases, but, that's too much effort for them so people like you and me get to be the ones putting in too much effort for others.

Reactions: sserafim