Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
This puzzles me because I myself am afraid of CTB for this very reason. What if I survive and everyone laughs at me? Or worse - everyone will start treating me like a porcelain doll and I will lose the remnants of freedom I have. To the people who didn't make it to CTB - what was the reaction of your family and those around you? How are they treating you now?

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002 and Costrecce
SpeedingThroughLife

SpeedingThroughLife

May 4, 2023
My family took great care of me and reminded me that they loved me everyday when I was in hospital.

• Yay!
Reactions: peace_van
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Do your research first and only have one attempt. Success should be your concern, not what to do when you fail. This should be a goal oriented act.

Reactions: katiekat, Huggs, peace_van and 2 others
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
This puzzles me because I myself am afraid of CTB for this very reason. What if I survive and everyone laughs at me? Or worse - everyone will start treating me like a porcelain doll and I will lose the remnants of freedom I have. To the people who didn't make it to CTB - what was the reaction of your family and those around you? How are they treating you now?
Nobody cares after my attempts, nor do they prior.

• Aww..
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
my parents and twin were really supportive, they visited everyday and came to family therapy and were very involved in my recovery. the rest of my family didn't visit me or call me or text me or anything 🤷‍♀️ as for my friends, one of them ghosted me after I sent her a goodbye text the night of my attempt and the other two abandoned me a couple months after

• Aww..
Reactions: katiekat, nicali845 and snowlance
LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
i only have my mother as my closest company. When I chickened out at 14, contempt is what she gave. Kept telling me therapy is a scam. Few years after she cracked some jokes about my desire to hang. I'll admit, i chuckled.

front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
They care but over time they forget Like the one who hits you and then tries to ask for forgiveness from you, what is the point!? After heartache and sadness

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
My grandma kinda ignores it, so does my cousin. My dad cried but now he's just quiet and my mom got really upset.

U

unique snowflake

Aug 19, 2023
I think they don't really give a fuck tho.

Qwertygamma276

Qwertygamma276

Sep 10, 2023
my family treated me like i was 5 again. i was 12 tho so i kinda get it. my second attempt at 16 was treated as something deeply selfish and secret.

Allaboutit

Allaboutit

Aug 3, 2023
My family hardly acknowledged it. My mom called me in hospital to check on me and gave minimal support upon my release but my siblings didn't seem to bat an eye. I assume they didnt believe it was a serious attempt. All be it, it was ill planed. My family acted in the same way they always act dismissive and callous. Maybe they would have cared if I'd been successful.

Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
They treated me like nothing had happened.

T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Only my parents and a few aunts along with my friends know.
My parents treated me as if I were a teenager again, staying outside after 8 pm? No no no. Always getting class what Im doing and where I am. But after a year, they still treat me like they used before my attempt. Like worthless shit. My friends on the other hand treated me really well. Even organized activities such as staying together for 5 days in a nice wooden bouse by the lake. We had a blast. (We live hundreds of kilometers apart, we meet seldom.)

Kall

Kall

Jul 7, 2023
They told me to stop making those things for getting attention. Afterward I just wanted in the most brutal way possible to make them pay

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: crunchycuticles, Someday_Somehow32, アホペンギン and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
At my first attempt, they tried convincing me that life was worth living although they weren't giving me any reasons as to why that was the case. Over the years, after more and more attempts I presume that they got tired of telling me those things and providing me with their false hope constantly so they resorted to yelling at me after figuring out that I attempted. I didn't receive any comforting or one to one conversations from them but rather got scolded after attempting and almost succeeding a few days ago..

• Hugs
Reactions: katiekat, Someday_Somehow32 and peace_van
Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
They didn't care, mother straight up told me "I give up on you, go help yourself" I was 15. Dad didn't react at all and sister was a kid so she didn't know anything. Nowadays no one cares, probably because I haven't killed myself yet and they will only take it seriously when I finally actually do it. I keep mentioning sometimes how suicidal I am and no one cares. I should just kill myself already, life is not going anywhere anyway.

Reactions: katiekat and nicali845
numar

numar

Always tired
Sep 11, 2023
My parents beat me the first time I attempted lol. And the second.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Someday_Somehow32, Suicidebydeath, nicali845 and 1 other person
Someday_Somehow32

Someday_Somehow32

Jul 20, 2022
My parents tried to get me therapy (they took me to a bunch of therapists but only for one session) but nothing really worked and it was too expensive. They make jokes now about my mental health struggles and randomly check in on me. I remember after one of my failed attempts that they just looked at me and said something along the lines of, "since you want to die so much, what do you want us to do with your body?"
Never forgot that.

Reactions: katiekat