• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Stupid question but how did all of you get to see a therapist? Did you lie about being suicidal? Or where you not at that point when you started?
Just kind of been thinking about it since a few people posted about therapy stuff lately... and I feel lost as to how so many could be getting access therapy ...

Reactions: Chloe, Maggotymaggots, Final Escape and 1 other person
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
Stupid question but how did all of you get to see a therapist? Did you lie about being suicidal? Or where you not at that point when you started?
Just kind of been thinking about it since a few people posted about therapy stuff lately... and I feel lost as to how so many could be getting access therapy ...
If you live in the US and have medicaid you can get it for free if you go to a crisis center or community health center. You can also look online to see providers in your area who take your insurance you could go to the emergency room for something like anxiety and they will refer you to one usually. If you don't live in the states I'm sorry I don't know about anywhere else.

Reactions: Dead_Inside
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Live in the states, but I guess I didn't understand they don't take "actively" suicidal people at any of the free places here. And can't seem to find one that I pay for that will take that "level" of person either.
I have insurance. But it seems I would need to go into a hospital before I could get access to help ... is that normal? It's not like I am walking around with a gun to my head, but yeah I have recently tried to kill myself and I do have intention to do it again.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots and Tomasnil
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Difficult to lie, your way out of laying in er with weins cut wide open .... then have someone saying you can commit volontarly or be forced.... either way your stuck here for a while

Reactions: Soon4me and Dead_Inside
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I guess that just must be it .... my friend who found me after attempt didn't want to take me into the ED because they got embarrassed for me.... so they just "took care" of me at the house so I don't have any of that in my records and I guess I missed my only chance at help.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots and Tomasnil
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
I guess that just must be it .... my friend who found me after attempt didn't want to take me into the ED because they got embarrassed for me.... so they just "took care" of me at the house so I don't have any of that in my records and I guess I missed my only chance at help.
Gpod for you ... Thats pne record that never goes away

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Yeah... I am grateful for that. I mean it c/ame under what I call some suspicious "friend" circumstances but, yes. I am not officially suicidal.

Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
So you were never committed to a hospital or even went to one after your attempt? If you don't have a record you should be OK just don't tell your doctor your suicidal until you've been in therapy for a while and even then don't tell them you have plans and shit just thoughts. A lot of times therapists can be booked out or just not accepting patients and you shouldn't have to go to the hospital to find one there should be a mental health clinic in your city that can help with this situation.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots and Dead_Inside
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
No never went in. Kind of didn't see the point- was hoping to die so even if it was a organ failure death in the end I would just accept it.
Ok, so it is lying basically. I guess I was just a dumb ass and thought you could get help for being suicidal.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Yeah... I am grateful for that. I mean it c/ame under what I call some suspicious "friend" circumstances but, yes. I am not officially suicidal.
Getting jobs and or gun license it tough if you get deamed suicidal.... unless your a suicide bomber i guess

Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
No never went in. Kind of didn't see the point- was hoping to die so even if it was a organ failure death in the end I would just accept it.
Ok, so it is lying basically. I guess I was just a dumb ass and thought you could get help for being suicidal.
You dont get help you get pills ... Thats my kind of general experience after being lock up as suicidal in 4 countrys on 2 continents

Reactions: totallyanonv, Soon4me, Maggotymaggots and 1 other person
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
You can you just can't tell them your actively planning because they are obligated to commit you so you can get immediate treatment to stabilize you which means forcefully medicating you or keeping you in a hospital until your insurance quits paying. It also can ruin the therapists practice if all their patients kept killing themselves and its also hard on them emotionally as well. I know people just see them as just cold heartless doctors but they are people to and also get attached to patients.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
You can you just can't tell them your actively planning because they are obligated to commit you so you can get immediate treatment to stabilize you which means forcefully medicating you or keeping you in a hospital until your insurance quits paying. It also can ruin the therapists practice if all their patients kept killing themselves and its also hard on them emotionally as well. I know people just see them as just cold heartless doctors but they are people to and also get attached to patients.
Forcefully medicated.... ok never the fuck mind. Don't want that. I just thought I would try ... but I don't want that for sure.

Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Forcefully medicated.... ok never the fuck mind. Don't want that. I just thought I would try ... but I don't want that for sure.
I dont think they can force you to take meds just keep you there until you see things there way......

Reactions: Soon4me and Dead_Inside
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
You would have to tell them you have a plan the means to execute the plan and have a date and so forth and are actively threatening it enough to make them worry. I have told my therapist I'm suicidal and think about it all the time but I built a trust between us first just don't go in there and the first thing you say is " I'm going to kill myself with a gun I own next Tuesday" or someshit like that. Also about the forcefully being medicated I actually should correct myself on that when I was in there I was told that they can't force you to take anything but they won't let you out unless you comply so I'm guessing they will try holding you until your insurance quits paying. Unless you were acting violent and aggressive I don't think they can forcefully medicate in a psych ward and if they do just do what I did and slip them in your pocket and flush them down the toilet haha

Reactions: Soon4me, Dead_Inside and Tomasnil
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I started trying to get help long before I was actively planning my suicide but because of difficulty with access and affordability, finding a good one. I gradually deteriorated to this point because I got discouraged and felt like I was fucked.

Reactions: Chloe, ScaredOfLife, Maggotymaggots and 1 other person
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
You would have to tell them you have a plan the means to execute the plan and have a date and so forth and are actively threatening it enough to make them worry. I have told my therapist I'm suicidal and think about it all the time but I built a trust between us first just don't go in there and the first thing you say is " I'm going to kill myself with a gun I own next Tuesday" or someshit like that. Also about the forcefully being medicated I actually should correct myself on that when I was in there I was told that they can't force you to take anything but they won't let you out unless you comply so I'm guessing they will try holding you until your insurance quits paying. Unless you were acting violent and aggressive I don't think they can forcefully medicate in a psych ward and if they do just do what I did and slip them in your pocket and flush them down the toilet haha
Hahahaha.... ok that got to too real for a second . I didn't want to end up some medicated zombie that they pass back to my family.

Reactions: Final Escape
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I started trying to get help long before I was actively planning my suicide but because of difficulty with access and affordability, finding a good one. I gradually deteriorated to this point because I got discouraged and felt like I was fucked.
Access has been a major issue for sure. I never looked before.... I just wanted to die. Still do but I said I would try this before I tried to kill myself again.... and maybe people are right maybe something is wrong with me and I need help. Don't feel like it but fuck. If I can patiently wait to collect enough pills to kill myself I can sit though some appointment. Plus maybe they will give me some TCAs to use.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Therapy can be worth it and u will know within a few visits if the person is good. If not the first visit. Do not go back to anyone that u do not feel comfortable with or they seem to not care or not really understand u. Good ones are in the corner of the child or in defense of u when u were a child and not defending your parents or other adults who possibly mistreated u. U will know what I mean when a therapist undermines what u went through as a child or minimizes your suffering. A good therapist will be able to understand who was at fault, what is on u and what is wrong that was done to u. They will have a strong moral compass not letting people off the hook. You can know if someone is good, listen to your gut on how they are making u feel. They might want u to do some work outside of therapy but that's ok. If the therapist is good u can put your trust into them u will just know. There's many more bad ones than good so don't be surprised if u end up going through several b4 u find one u feel ok with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady33, Dead_Inside and Maggotymaggots
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I told him I was suicidal, and he (therapist) never judged me for that nor he ever told authorities about my desire. In hindsight, it was a really risky move to tell him that, but the fact he didn't try to control me was probably what made me feel comfortable about talking to him. Of course, he never told me to do it and never supported suicide.

Unfortunately, therapy couldn't help me.

Anyways, I had access to therapy thanks to my mother who paid for it. She insisted that I should give it a try after I had a huge breakdown back in early 2015. I stopped going to therapy in... September 2017, I think, because like I said, therapy couldn't help me.

Reactions: Soon4me, Dead_Inside, ScaredOfLife and 2 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I told him I was suicidal, and he (therapist) never judged me for that nor he ever told authorities about my desire. In hindsight, it was a really risky move to tell him that, but the fact he didn't try to control me was probably what made me feel comfortable about talking to him. Of course, he never told me to do it and never supported suicide.

Unfortunately, therapy couldn't help me.

Anyways, I had access to therapy thanks to my mother who paid for it. She insisted that I should give it a try after I had a huge breakdown back in early 2015. I stopped going to therapy in... September 2017, I think, because like I said, therapy couldn't help me.
Guess my biggest problem is that I was going to try to see a therapist *about* the suicide issue ... but if they can't take me if I feel suicidal and I risk hospitalization to say the way I feel about it actually... then I guess there isn't a point to therapy for me. I thought the wrong thing about therapy I guess : (

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I refuse to see therapists. A) Therapy won't work for me. In fact, seeing therapists will make me hate my life even more. I despise talking to people who aren't like minded. It would be torture for me. And B) it's too risky. I could end up with a therapist who is fucking paranoid and will call the cops on me, every time he or she thinks I'm suicidal. And I've had the cops called on me in the past for simply admitting I had suicidal thoughts. A very unpleasant experience, being treated like a second class citizen, the little freedom you have, completely taken away from you, trapped in a psych ward until a doctor gives you permission to leave...

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Dead_Inside, Soon4me and 2 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Guess my biggest problem is that I was going to try to see a therapist *about* the suicide issue ... but if they can't take me if I feel suicidal and I risk hospitalization to say the way I feel about it actually... then I guess there isn't a point to therapy for me. I thought the wrong thing about therapy I guess : (
I think if you tell a therapist that you are having suicidal thoughts and want help, they will not send you to a mental hospital. If you say you are going to kill yourself, then it is a different story. Basically, the way you phrase it matters, but unfortunately it is not the only factor.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I think if you tell a therapist that you are having suicidal thoughts and want help, they will not send you to a mental hospital. If you say you are going to kill yourself, then it is a different story. Basically, the way you phrase it matters, but unfortunately it is not the only factor.
Love how hard society makes this on people who are obviously not well. So then I need to jump through a bunch of hoops when I can barely keep my shit together for regular stuff.

T

Tiburcio

If you are having suicidal thoughts and you want help, you still need to meditate about what do you really need. If life gives you problems, they won't be solved with positive attitude or medication. Therapist are robbers. As simple as that.

Reactions: Dead_Inside
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
If you are having suicidal thoughts and you want help, you still need to meditate about what do you really need. If life gives you problems, they won't be solved with positive attitude or medication. Therapist are robbers. As simple as that.
I don't know what I want from it.
I wanted to be dead for the last 4 months. Nothing else really occurs to me.
I just am willing, for those who object to my recent actions, to admit that I might not be completely ok. Don't know if I am actually depressed or what but.... I thought it couldn't hurt to find out. Seems like it's kind of dangerous though.

Reactions: Tiburcio