nopeaceofmind

nopeaceofmind

Jun 11, 2023
Seeing my mom cry about this shit was pretty hard. Im always reminded of what I have in life in comparison to others and the sacrifices made to get me here. But Im also reminded of how much I disappoint her, my family, and everyone I meet. I just cant find a good reason to live or a future worth living for. I know my end on this planet will be a suicide, I just feel weak for pushing it back. My suicidal thoughts just dont stop.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sleepyhollow, _smile_ and annointed_towers
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
How do you know you disappoint people?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Their emotions are temporary. Eventually, they'll just move on with their lives, like everyone else does. At the end of the day, you will die and it will upset any family members and loved ones you have who are alive to witness it. You killing yourself won't make any difference at the end of the day.

Even when my family was crying after my suicide attempt I was aware of the fact that they were likely just acting up as a result of shock. When I do ctb they'll probably end up crying, but once time goes by and they realize that it was the best for all of it they will likely just move on with their lives. People get upset over the death of others, especially when it comes to those whom they knew, partly out of instinct. Once that dies down, they just move on with their lives.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepyhollow, Deleted member 31858, Smelly_ballz and 1 other person
P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
I hate feeling like a self-absorbed narc, but my reaction to posts such as these is always: That must be nice. I'm older now, and I've been homeless. I moved bavk in with my abusive NPD mother out of desperation a few months ago. A couple weeks ago, I was angry and shouted and leaked that death for me was imminent, and nothing. No response. No emotion. That's what happens when you grow up with a narc as a "caregiver."
I always say to you guys who have real family to try to cherish that love. Of course, it could all be performance. I've dated BPD. I've seen the performances of real emotion. But assuming it is real family with real love, you're lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlazingBob and miserablemarbles
miserablemarbles

miserablemarbles

So tired.
Nov 5, 2023
I hate feeling like a self-absorbed narc, but my reaction to posts such as these is always: That must be nice. I'm older now, and I've been homeless. I moved bavk in my abusive NPD mother out of desperation. I was angry and shouted and leaked that death for me was imminent, and nothing. No response. No emotion. That's what happens when you grow up with a narc as a "caregiver."
I always say to you guys who have real family to try to cherish that love. Of course, it could all be performance. I've dated BPD. I've seen the performances of real emotion. But assuming it is real family with real love, you're lucky.
I feel the same as you. I would give anything for my family to care

When I was younger they did but they got sick of dealing with my mental illness

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
My parents have been dead for over 6 and 7 years, respectively.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
it was kind of tough watching her cry on my bedside in the hospital. she doesn't cry very often, and it never gets easier. when she starts crying that's when i really know i hurt her. i hate the way i act, it's believed i could have BPD, and honestly i think so too. i constantly do and say things to her that she never deserved from me.
as for the question, i'm not really sure how to deal with it. maybe try comforting her, letting her know that you'll be okay, even if you wont. sometimes extending good to others can make ourselves feel a bit better.

• Hugs
Reactions: sleepyhollow, Nineinchnails, Smelly_ballz and 1 other person
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
This is a difficult topic for me. I feel bad because I don't allow my family to live calmly and happily. I blame myself for my depression and suicidal tendencies. I went to rehab twice (I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic, my relatives just thought it necessary to do it because they were afraid that I would kill myself). Every time I left rehab, I put on a happy mask so as not to upset my parents. But I never stopped thinking about death. I can't even imagine the pain I will cause to my family in the future.

Reactions: ziana, sleepyhollow, WeDontKnowTheFuture and 1 other person
Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
My parents didn't cry, but my romantic partner did. You just gotta comfort them like they are crying about someone else. I know it is probably lying, but you can say that you will be okay. They might buy it, and you might even buy it too! Let them know you love them and that you know they love you (if this is true and believe they do love you).

Reactions: sleepyhollow
R

reddeath

Nov 17, 2023
I told my parents I was suicidal when I was 17 and they didn't really react. My mom gave me a talk about how bad other people have it and after that there was no change. They don't mock or belittle me as much anymore which is nice. I had done some minor cuts to my arms up until then but no actual attempt so maybe they just thought it was teenage angst. It feels kinda underwhelming to me but I don't talk to people so it might be completely normal.

_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
My parents do not know and my husband did not really care. I've been contemplating letting my parents know about my hospital visit, but I'm not ready yet. They don't really understand mental health.

All you can do is hope that one day they will understand. It's difficult to see those we love suffer, but at the same time it's OUR life. It's OUR mind that won't turn off. No one else can live our lives for us.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I don't know if my parent knows I'm exactly suicidal but she does know I live dangerously so the talk of me dying young has happened a handful of times. She didn't seem upset just disappointed so hopefully when I ctb she won't be surprised just disappointed that I went out like that instead of my fast life.

GlassAlwaysEmpty

GlassAlwaysEmpty

Red Grapes only
Jun 22, 2020
My mum knows how I feel and she obvisouly finds it difficult. I just try and hide things as much as possible from her to avoid more heartache.
If I'm feeling bad I don't tell her that I am, if she asks if im doing alright and i'm not I tell her "sure i'm doing fine."

I live alone so it's easier to hide how I really am. Would be more difficult i'f I still lived with my mum I guess.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
My parents cried, for joy. My dad has suggested that I ctb many times. He truly doesn't care if I live or die. We have no relationship at all. My mom only cares insofar as it would affect her but doesn't give a šŸ’© about my quality of life, just stay alive until she dies so she doesn't have to deal with it. I've never known the love of parents or what it's like to be part of a loving family. To have family that actually cares is completely foreign to me. Sometimes it's hard to relate to some of the posts in here.
I hate feeling like a self-absorbed narc, but my reaction to posts such as these is always: That must be nice. I'm older now, and I've been homeless. I moved bavk in with my abusive NPD mother out of desperation a few months ago. A couple weeks ago, I was angry and shouted and leaked that death for me was imminent, and nothing. No response. No emotion. That's what happens when you grow up with a narc as a "caregiver."
Thanks for saying that. Both my parents are self centered, selfish immature narcs. Rotten to the core. I've met ice cubes that are warmer than my mom. Both are lying, back stabbing, manipulative snakes.

Last edited: