Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 16 12.2%

• Total voters
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Just wondering how people found this site.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wraith and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Truth be told, I just typed on google "suicide forum discussion" and SS popped up.
It changed my life. Love you all so much.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen, NeverSatisfied, raindrops and 18 others
G

GoneGirl

Student
Dec 15, 2020
I genuinely can't remember. I'm not even entirely sure when I found it. I think it might have been that someone mentioned it on reddit or another forum but I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: Conker, Wraith, Zhontafly and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
some mentioned on another suicide site and i googled it

Reactions: Wraith, Regen, Zhontafly and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Truth be told, I just typed on google "suicide forum discussion" and SS popped up.
I just Googled those same words now to see how the landscape has changed.

This website doesn't pop up anymore, but there's others out there, a really giant one called SuicideForums, then there's of course the pro-lifers and such.

• Wow
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, NodusTollens, Wraith and 2 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure I did exactly the same!

• Love
Reactions: Wraith, Zhontafly and WornOutLife
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I think I found the forum when I searched for Fentanyl + Suicide via Google, which showed threads discussing the use of F for exits. Back then this was my preferred method. I changed my mind quickly once I learned about N.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith, Nessa, Zhontafly and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
So the other SuicideForum is a pro-life support for suicide, sounds like a real preachy shithole place.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Wraith, Zhontafly and eternaltroubador
rosedavinci

rosedavinci

Jan 20, 2021
I was looking up how the carbon monoxide method worked and how to do it and took a screenshot of the page with the details. Maybe a month or so later I went back to my screenshot to see which website that was. I was shocked that there was a place like this, but happy that I found it!

Reactions: Wraith, Nessa, Zhontafly and 2 others
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
after i over dosed and was found i went full blown actively suicidal and was just waiting for the right moment, completely detached from socially became agoraphobic but i was desperate for communication and acceptance, someone who speaks a similar metal language so i turned to social media for the first time, registered to the first mental health forum i googles but after 2 days i got censored so much- they said i was potentially triggering others buy sharing my past abuse and sent me suicide help info.. i was like.. is it that obvious?.. so i just typed in suicide and forum and discovers ss! after 2 minutes immediately requested to join. and it was a LIFE SAVER! zi end (or is it the beginning...)

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, DocNo, NodusTollens and 6 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I just Googled those same words now to see how the landscape has changed.

This website doesn't pop up anymore, but there's others out there, a really giant one called SuicideForums, then there's of course the pro-lifers and such.
I think google just recently removed it from the search engine, or made it more difficult to find. If you search "suicide forums" on duckduckgo, SS is the second to pop up.

I found this site after my suicide attempts. I was failing at partial hanging and was trying to learn more about it or figure out a new method. If I remember correctly, I found a site that had a link to SS, among other 'right to die' type of sites or I may have just found it on google by looking up suicide forums, wanting to talk with like-minded people. One or the other. I just remember it taking a bit of digging to eventually find on my end.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, Wraith, Zhontafly and 2 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
SS subreddit.

Reactions: Blurred_Reality, NegativeSymptoms, Wraith and 2 others
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
I found SS through a vague mention of a "pro suicide group" in a YouTube video about the Shatto situation. With much googling and lurking Reddit I figured out it was SS.

I had been going through resources for a while trying to find pro-choice voices, so it was a good thing for me. Not everyone is a sullen teen with poor insight whose going to down half a bottle of acetaminophen and regret it, get their stomach pumped and become holier than thou about suicide thereafter. Some of us are actually sick and cannot be made unsick. My mental illness is not going to go away, and I still have enough of my mind left to be able to seek the resources to end it intelligently.

• Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wraith and 2 others
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Some absolute loser messaged me on reddit because they thought I could relate to them - they mentioned SN and I think may have sent me this site to find more info. I'm glad I know about SN and could learn what it does and what to do from this site but honestly, that guy was the most annoying hypocritical creep I've ever met.

(Just checked and they're suspended from reddit lmao. Good. Hate the idea that they're on this site though.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wraith and Zhontafly
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Tor & DuckDuckGo.

I wish I knew how heavily the internet was censored a decade ago because I still used Google back then and it didn't seem very useful towards finding reliable methods at the time.

As someone that has worked on Google's search engine algorithm; I'd highly advise against using it for anything related to suicide. They intentionally omit search results related to suicide and push useless resources like the suicide hotline number at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiral, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wraith and 4 others
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Sucks that now there won't be many who see how wonderful this site is as they have to create an account first

Reactions: Wraith and Zhontafly
Karnage24

Karnage24

Jan 31, 2021
There is a big war with suicidal forums in my country (Ukraine). So, a lot of resources are closed. But, I used the web archive sites to gather information. Such: web.archive.org. And there I found several links to foreign forums on the Exit Bag topic. And one of them leads to SS. It is a great success to come across a link to a foreign forum. Because in my country very few people know English.

• Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wraith and 5 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
There is a big war with suicidal forums in my country (Ukraine). So, a lot of resources are closed. But, I used the web archive sites to gather information. Such: web.archive.org. And there I found several links to foreign forums on the Exit Bag topic. And one of them leads to SS. It is a great success to come across a link to a foreign forum. Because in my country very few people know English.
You can use the WayBack machine and find ASH before it was overrun by trolls and cyber bullies.

Reactions: Wraith and Karnage24

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I was fortunate enough to find SS subreddit a week before it was banhammered and a big hotline number put in place of it, which is rumored to still be there.
Вот как? Интересно... Когда это было? Единственное, о чём я слышал, так это о синих морских млекопитающих и посаженных "кураторов".

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I typed "I want to kill myself" into Google, mostly just as a silent scream into the ether, and some SS threads popped up as results.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote, NodusTollens, Wraith and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I remember being extremely frustrated that I could not talk openly about this anywhere else, and the hotlines being thrown out everywhere, the bullshit replies people gave, so I thought there's got to be somewhere people talk without having the same old garbage shoved down their throats. Before that, I only found sites that had information but were not interactive.
I searched and searched and desperately searched, down a rabbit hole, I found a few lost comments on Reddit mentioning the previous sanctioned suicide sub, and I also found talk of it on another site/random forum, I don't remember it coming up when googling it directly, I had to dig more to even get to the site itself. (At least, this is what I recall.)
I'm still appalled that this seems to be the only one of its kind, there should be plenty more places for us to speak without fear.
Now I'm sure it's easier to find than when I signed up, a big part of which has to do with the people trying to get this site shut down, and in turn, opening the gates to people who would otherwise not know this place existed. I still can't believe I went as long as I did without knowing about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Symbiote, NodusTollens and 3 others
Karnage24

Karnage24

Jan 31, 2021
I was fortunate enough to find SS subreddit a week before it was banhammered and a big hotline number put in place of it, which is rumored to still be there.

Вот как? Интересно... Когда это было? Единственное, о чём я слышал, так это о синих морских млекопитающих и посаженных "кураторов".
Давно, раньше было множество форумов, особенно в 2007, когда была "суицидальная" тусовка. Но сейчас, почти все они мертвые и останки их можно найти только в веб-архивах. А в гугле если гуглить форумы про суицид, там первые 7 страниц забиты скамом. Где номера горячих линий или очередные религиозные секты. А те форумы, что остались с жестокой модерацией, где запрещено упоминание любых способов суицида из-за РКН.

• Aww..
Reactions: 262653
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Followed a link from 8chan's /suicide/ board

Reactions: Symbiote and meghead
mirko

mirko

ah
Nov 19, 2020
I knew the subreddit, after they banned it I knew someone made a forum of it but never bother to sign up until a few month ago

Reactions: Symbiote, meghead and Wraith
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
I was doing a Google search on suicide and a pro life Vice article popped up which talked about the sanctioned suicide forum on the deep web or something. I tried to find a subreddit like it and then I just googled the name and I found it

Reactions: Symbiote, slipintothetragedy and meghead
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
I don't remember lol

Reactions: Symbiote and meghead
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
I cant 100% recall, but I think was searching for shit to kill myself with and the site popped up (Probably GBL). :D
It was like a gem in the rough, so I was interested as to why the search engine pointed me to the site. I think the search engine drew on the methods posted here and it showed up as the result for the GBL. So, I looked into and liked what I saw. I admit that for a long while I was just a happy and curious guest viewer .Then finally, when I saw that many of the members here were really on the same page and were giving helpful,wise and even caring cautious advice, It softened me, relieved me and brought me a sense of peace. I didnt really expect to find a place about this subject where people understood and cared. Never encountered that in my life before. And so I just loved it! It really hit home with all my better senses, so I finally decided to join this wild family.
End note: It's really special what we have here guys. I think we should put forth whatever efforts we can to defend it.

Reactions: whitefeather, Symbiote, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I was looking for new methods of ctb and this site popped up. I can NEVER say how much this site and ALL of the global family members have helped me so, so much. This site IS my support now period. Walter

Reactions: Symbiote, NodusTollens, meghead and 3 others
TSCursor

TSCursor

May 18, 2020
lol on tumblr, i used to follow a guy that he was responding questions like "are you in ss?" and he said yes... so i wondered what the heck is ss? and searched until i looked the complete name

Reactions: Symbiote, meghead and Wraith
Wraith

Wraith

Lost in The Void
Nov 4, 2020
I just searched quick and painless ways to suicide. I eventually found this site after wading through the BS anti-choice sites.

Reactions: Symbiote, whywere, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person