I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
I'm watching a YouTube video about him and how he died from cutting but I heard that's not easy to do so how did he do it?

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
just like you said its not easy to do but its fairly common for people to bleed out with cuts from beer bottles etc. the sheer amount of cuts or just the lack of attention to the blood loss would have both led to his death.

• Aww..
Reactions: SmollMushroom and Skathon
SilentSuicidal

SilentSuicidal

Jun 4, 2022
if you're determined enough you'll get results, no matter the method.

Reactions: Glandular
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
I recall that Jeff Weise, the school shooter in Minnesota nearly died from self harm and cutting his wrist. At least that's what he says happened. He recalled something like his vision was going blurry, he was losing time and was about to pass out had he not reached out for medical attention

Shame he didn't just stay there and bleed to death in accordance to all the suffering he caused shortly thereafter

Also i once saw a gore video of a kid named Justin that cut his wrist so deeply and there was blood all over the floor and he said "im surely going to die". Idk if he actually did or not. Not going to link the video but the brutal death/grind band Fluids samples it in their song Genesis Spoiled

Last edited:
Reactions: sorrowful and cherrypiegonnadie
I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
just like you said its not easy to do but its fairly common for people to bleed out with cuts from beer bottles etc. the sheer amount of cuts or just the lack of attention to the blood loss would have both led to his death.
I've tried it before and I thought I was going to die but the doctor told my mom I actually didn't even get close to dying I only need stitches so I'm not sure because I would do it since I am used to doing it anyway as a kid

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
I've tried it before and I thought I was going to die but the doctor told my mom I actually didn't even get close to dying I only need stitches so I'm not sure because I would do it since I am used to doing it anyway as a kid
you have to cut deep and long enough that you actually suffer enough blood loss to cause harm, just cutting isnt enough, amount of cuts isnt what you want as much as its blood loss youre aiming for, blood thinners, stuff like that

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
you have to cut deep and long enough that you actually suffer enough blood loss to cause harm, just cutting isnt enough, amount of cuts isnt what you want as much as its blood loss youre aiming for, blood thinners, stuff like that
How do you know when you did it long and deep enough? What body part did he cut?

helpmegetout

helpmegetout

lost
Oct 19, 2023
I'm watching a YouTube video about him and how he died from cutting but I heard that's not easy to do so how did he do it?

When I cut my wrist (didn't cut vertically) I actually cut so deep that my muscles pulled themselves together to stop the bleeding. It's a body response of SI

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
A couple weeks ago I cut my calf and accidentally cut through a vein in the night. Had lots of trouble stemming the bleeding. I had to keep tying it tightly with leggins, like a tornequey, I'd lay down and it would stop then I'd untie it. Then I'd walk down the stairs and the bleeding restarted hours later. I've never lost so much blood and have self harmed for 30 years! In the end it stopped but only after about 6 hours and 3 different times of it restarting and bleeding all over the floor. If my teenage kids hadn't have been at home I might have just walked out and gone with it. Later that week a good friend who has been trying to support me cried and told me she was scared and that when she was 22 her best friend accidentally killed herself by cutting and bleeding out. So yes... to make a short story long- it definitely is possible but makes alot of mess!!

HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
How do you know when you did it long and deep enough? What body part did he cut?
As I recall he cut his throat. I can't remember where I read it. It's so ironic u brought this up because I was just researching how he did it. I remembered it was his neck but I didn't know what with. I'd give anything to have the courage to do this. The pain is unbearable. And I always ask myself if I can handle this pain why can't I handle the pain of suicide. Suicide should be a breeze.

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
As I recall he cut his throat. I can't remember where I read it. It's so ironic u brought this up because I was just researching how he did it. I remembered it was his neck but I didn't know what with. I'd give anything to have the courage to do this. The pain is unbearable. And I always ask myself if I can handle this pain why can't I handle the pain of suicide. Suicide should be a breeze.
I think it said he didn't do his neck he did something else

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Some people suceed. I wouldn't try again personally after I researched more about the method, because I doubt I would be successful with it.

And it seems like it can take a while without even knowing if it will work in the end. I could just end up cutting myself without desired result.

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi and Skathon
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Have to admit, didn't even know who avicii was. Think someone here mentioned him before, but just noticed his music video has 2.3billion views. Impressive, and kinda funny. Suicide is wrong, or so society says, but when a popular celebrity does it it's oh so tragic, people flock to them in their masses glorifying and empathising with them (Kurt Cobain was my generation's avicii).

Reactions: Skathon
I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
veins, arteries, blood loss
What part of his body did he cut and how do you know you cut deep enough?
You guys keep saying it won't work but people have done it and I feel it's the best for me because I don't know how to do anything else and I'm scared to jump in front of a train(which is the only other thing I know how to do)
Screenshot 20231020 213816 Chrome

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: venomousSSërpent74 and carnivalforone
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
What part of his body did he cut and how do you know you cut deep enough?
You guys keep saying it won't work but people have done it and I feel it's the best for me because I don't know how to do anything else and I'm scared to jump in front of a train(which is the only other thing I know how to do)
View attachment 121499
like i said veins and arteries, you just gotta know what youre cutting and deep enough , the post literally reiterates what i said

Student
Aug 23, 2019
You're going to have to do your own research to figure out where veins and arteries are in the body, which ones are closer to the surface of the skin (i.e, easier to hit). You're going to have to probably test out some tools ahead of time with shallow cuts to be sure you're using something sharp enough. You could still maybe get there with something duller, but it'll hurt worse. Common blood thinners are alcohol and aspirin. Alcohol would also help with inhibiting SI. Gotta warn you, opening an artery in the arm (usually people go for the radial artery) is hard and painful no matter what. You have to cut through the layers of skin in addition to fat, muscle, tendons, and nerves. I've done some research on the topic (I've self harmed by cutting for 12 years) and if I recall correctly the radial artery is usually 3mm/about .12in under the skin. That doesn't sound deep, but in the context of cutting through your forearm, it really is.

It's possible to do this by hitting (as opposed to fully opening) various veins and arteries, but very unpredictable on if it would actually work and how long it would take. I once drank a lotttt of vodka and hit an artery in both of my calves along with several veins. After 2 hours of nonstop heavy bleeding, I was dizzy, nauseous, confused, sweating, my chest was tight, my heart was racing. On top of being so drunk. I was definitely Very Aware of the fact that my body was giving out. I ended up needing a blood transfusion and a shit ton of stitches, and was told that if I hadn't come in for treatment I probably would've gone into shock and died.

I would encourage you to take the time to research some of the other methods listed in the pinned mega thread to figure out if this method is right for you or not. There are other ways that are easier and more reliable while also being fairly accessible.

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Because it's possible, but it's still very unreliable method.
But unreliable doesn't mean impossible, it's just that 99% of people who try, fail.

Avicii was that 1%.

Simple as that.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
When I cut my wrist (didn't cut vertically) I actually cut so deep that my muscles pulled themselves together to stop the bleeding. It's a body response of SI
Yooo that's CRAZY. My ex used to cut. Forget that. I know why people do it but not for me, closest I've done is burning cigarettes on my wrist to deal with mental pain.