• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I can´t handle doing anything anymore and certainly not a full time job not even part time but as a teenager I used to work part time as a dish washer for almost 2½ years often 16 hours a week and earned good money because there is a law where teenagers didn´t have to pay taxes untill they have earned 5822$ good times. I had 3-4 times the money to myself at 16-18 than I did at almost 30 now lol how pathetic is that.

As an adult I haven´t been able to hold down a job more than at most 1½ month I simply can´t handle it not physically and mentally I can´t cope with the thought of thinking I have to get up early in the morning to work at a job I don´t like and I have to do this 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life that doesn´t seem like a life to me.

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I work in retail and I actually don't mind the monotonous parts of it. But every single morning is a challenge to drag myself up, and then plastering a smile on and dealing with customers, not getting paid enough. It's a miserable way to live

Work as a concept just disillusions me. The idea of doing this process for decades sounds unbearable. Maybe I'm just mentally ill but I genuinely can't understand how people deal with it

SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Student
May 31, 2023
I work in retail and I actually don't mind the monotonous parts of it. But every single morning is a challenge to drag myself up, and then plastering a smile on and dealing with customers, not getting paid enough. It's a miserable way to live

Work as a concept just disillusions me. The idea of doing this process for decades sounds unbearable. Maybe I'm just mentally ill but I genuinely can't understand how people deal with it
I can´t handle doing anything anymore and certainly not a full time job not even part time but as a teenager I used to work part time as a dish washer for almost 2½ years often 16 hours a week and earned good money because there is a law where teenagers didn´t have to pay taxes untill they have earned 5822$ good times. I had 3-4 times the money to myself at 16-18 than I did at almost 30 now lol how pathetic is that.

As an adult I haven´t been able to hold down a job more than at most 1½ month I simply can´t handle it not physically and mentally I can´t cope with the thought of thinking I have to get up early in the morning to work at a job I don´t like and I have to do this 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life that doesn´t seem like a life to me.
Just as i expected, Running each circle of hell daily, but here on Earth. To realize that billions do this every day for decades is an unimaginable abomination of a realization to have.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I worked at a factory job for a year and a half and at first, I was motivated because I wanted the money to move out of my parent's house and be able to buy my own things without relying on others. The job was fucking horrible but I had a goal. Now I'm in my own place and as suspected I hit the "well great now what?" phase. I quit it 3 months ago and have been unemployed since, though I've tried working at different places they just suck so fucking much and cause me so much physical and mental pain to do and yet the people who are in charge of me think I'm supposed to like it and are confused when I don't. I don't want to have to break my body and soul when my life expectancy is so damn short for nothing other than making someone else be able to buy a yacht. There's no reason for me to get out of bed, why should I get out of bed for them?

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Work was pretty great when I was self employed. But my problems interfered and I had to take a dead end wage slave job. It barely affords me anything, not that I want much anymore.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
If you are working and being exploited, then that is absolutely horrible.

If you are working to increase your scale (e.g., you get access to more clients to sell to or more money to trade), then it doesn't sound like crap.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I've never had a job before. I really need to get one though. I'll probably look for a job at the library or something since that sounds nice. If I eventually have to get a job, then at least I'm going to get one at somewhere that sounds nice to work at.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Depends on the job and how much it pays. I've only worked in programming and so far I've worked in 2 countries and had 5 jobs. Two of them I was a Web developer, worked for an e-commerce company and a gambling company, the other 3 were as a game programmer for 3 different gaming companies.

The first job I had to force myself to get out of bed. The commute was horrible and lengthy, I was harassed at work and no one did anything and the work itself was kind of boring. The second one the work was also boring but besides that it conflicted with my morals. We literally had meetings on how to make people more addicted to gambling. I left after 3 months.

The first job in games was for a startup. Work/life balance was crap, had a period of time where I worked 9am to 10pm including weekends. At some point I couldn't even think straight.
The next job was better, I had more experience, already could tell red flags from job postings and knew how to get the dirt out of employers during interviews. My current job is great, huge respect to the employees, nice salary, great work/life balance and best of all, financial support during long term sickness.

Moral of the story is that the first jobs are always crappy and you gotta be smart and have the skills to go to the best companies. Having said that, I'm still traumatised from the sexual harassment from the first job.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Nine to five or part-time. never worked but it sounds pretty difficult tto me bc of executive dysfunction
Depends entirely on what the job in question is and if it's a match for you or not. I've had jobs I love and jobs I hate. I lived in Nashville as a musician for seven years and had jobs on the side to fund the slow seasons. No longer sustainable now that I have a wife and kid.

Amazon was so bad I tried to ctb on the job there.

Now I admin a landfill. Definitely a unique set of challenges, but I love having the opportunity to impact local government, recycling, and prisoner outreach, which are all spheres of influence you don't have in just any old job.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I have worked in a few different jobs but have been unemployed for a year now ~
Leech of people until you can't anymore. I'd rather just hitchhike across America as some homeless vagabond or couch surf rather thsn ever wage

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Work is modern day slavery
Tbh when I did work seeing my coworkers come in complaining and seeing the affects working 9-5 had on them(depression, aging, etc.) made me realize I'm not cut out for it. For them work is necessary due to societal and familial obligations.

• Aww..
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
hell yea neetmaxxing is legit the elixir of life
Livin' that life
Tbh when I did work seeing my coworkers come in complaining and seeing the affects working 9-5 had on them(depression, aging, etc.) made me realize I'm not cut out for it. For them work is necessary due to societal and familial obligations.
That sounds so sad. Work literally crushed their soul. Neetdom is the way to go. I'm not cut out for work either, nor do I want to

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante and 4am
kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
I only had 1 job before but it was absolute hell. The part I hated most was waking up early due to my horrible sleep schedule. My pay was low and not worth the effort but I can't say I had challenging tasks to get done. I was a teenage waitress.
I can wholeheartedly agree this industry is not for me, especially not at that age. The aggrresive comments and emotional stress it brought me were way beyond my expectations.
I feel like I could manage to work a full time job if I liked what I was doing.

Reactions: dragonofenvy
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am 68 and still work. I was raised on a working dairy farm, so I started working as soon as I was able to lift. Have been working for over 60 years.

Walter

Reactions: pilotviolin
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I never worked in my life and I honestly don't ever want to. Work sounds absolutely dreadful and exhausting. I don't even like studying and studying is meant to be substantially easier than working. I hope I ctb before I work but, regardless of whether I ctb or not, I'll probably die from being homeless as I just can't, nor do I want to, handle slaving my entire life away

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I worked at a factory job for a year and a half and at first, I was motivated because I wanted the money to move out of my parent's house and be able to buy my own things without relying on others. The job was fucking horrible but I had a goal. Now I'm in my own place and as suspected I hit the "well great now what?" phase. I quit it 3 months ago and have been unemployed since, though I've tried working at different places they just suck so fucking much and cause me so much physical and mental pain to do and yet the people who are in charge of me think I'm supposed to like it and are confused when I don't. I don't want to have to break my body and soul when my life expectancy is so damn short for nothing other than making someone else be able to buy a yacht. There's no reason for me to get out of bed, why should I get out of bed for them?
I think you´re on to something about the goal, with a goal/dream in mind I think we can push ourselves a lot but if there is no goal in sight and we´re just working to survive another day not LIVE but just survive just to suffer another day basically then the motivation fades.

And yeah it´s weird when you work with people who have a boring mundane job look at you confused thinking "why dont you like doing this job", I just don´t have the wageslave mentally like they do, it must be great being able to find some fulfillment in such jobs but I just simply don´t.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
My thoughts on working have changed a bit over the years.

First thing to learn, nothing in life is free. Someone runs the power plant and makes the cell phones and computers were all here using. Without people working to do that stuff, no one has anything.

I grew up on a farm as an unwanted child that had no purpose until I was able to use a pitchfork. I had the work hard thing drilled into my head. Work hard and over achieve, thats how to move up in the world and recieve nice things and recognition.

Well at my first job as a teen, I did just that. Showing up early, staying late, and doing lots of things outside my job description. I was doing alot of things to cover for my boss, but I did it thinking that when her boss realized I did half her job, that I would then have her job. Well that backfired, I actually got in trouble.

Now as a middle aged adult I know the truth, how far you move up in a job is based on who you know and whose ass you kiss. I fully believe that when you accept a job you are required to do all the things that were in your job description and do them well, and your employer is required to compensate you for every bit of the pre discussed amount. However the going above and beyond bullshit is just that: BULLSHIT. Just go to work, do your job and only your job and do it well, then take your money and go the fuck home. This whole selling your soul to a job is not worth it. If its a job thats so physically and mentally taxxing due to poor management and understaffing, then QUIT, its not worth it. The people who act like your crazy for not "loving" your job are indeed the crazy ones. Its ok not to love your job. Don't work a terrible job that hurts you of course, but its ok to just tolerate your job and see it as a means to live. Go to work with the mindset that it allows you to have nice things and a roof over your head and food in your belly, then get the fuck out of there at quitting time and dont think about it again till the next morning.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
My thoughts on working have changed a bit over the years.

First thing to learn, nothing in life is free. Someone runs the power plant and makes the cell phones and computers were all here using. Without people working to do that stuff, no one has anything.

I grew up on a farm as an unwanted child that had no purpose until I was able to use a pitchfork. I had the work hard thing drilled into my head. Work hard and over achieve, thats how to move up in the world and recieve nice things and recognition.

Well at my first job as a teen, I did just that. Showing up early, staying late, and doing lots of things outside my job description. I was doing alot of things to cover for my boss, but I did it thinking that when her boss realized I did half her job, that I would then have her job. Well that backfired, I actually got in trouble.

Now as a middle aged adult I know the truth, how far you move up in a job is based on who you know and whose ass you kiss. I fully believe that when you accept a job you are required to do all the things that were in your job description and do them well, and your employer is required to compensate you for every bit of the pre discussed amount. However the going above and beyond bullshit is just that: BULLSHIT. Just go to work, do your job and only your job and do it well, then take your money and go the fuck home. This whole selling your soul to a job is not worth it. If its a job thats so physically and mentally taxxing due to poor management and understaffing, then QUIT, its not worth it. The people who act like your crazy for not "loving" your job are indeed the crazy ones. Its ok not to love your job. Don't work a terrible job that hurts you of course, but its ok to just tolerate your job and see it as a means to live. Go to work with the mindset that it allows you to have nice things and a roof over your head and food in your belly, then get the fuck out of there at quitting time and dont think about it again till the next morning.
WOW! You and I can be twins. I grew up on a working dairy farm and I started working as soon as I could lift anything. Also, my "parents" called me "the mistake" to my face and even in public.

BUT at the age of 68 I have done so much and never let downers, like my "parents" get me, never ever.

You are such a wonderfully kind and loving soul; your thread speaks volumes of that.

Have a great weekend filled with vibrant blue skies and all of the wonderful folks here.

Walter

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
WOW! You and I can be twins. I grew up on a working dairy farm and I started working as soon as I could lift anything. Also, my "parents" called me "the mistake" to my face and even in public.

BUT at the age of 68 I have done so much and never let downers, like my "parents" get me, never ever.

You are such a wonderfully kind and loving soul; your thread speaks volumes of that.

Have a great weekend filled with vibrant blue skies and all of the wonderful folks here.

Walter
Oh wow thank you for such kind words. I cant recall the last time someone described me in such a way. It actually startled me for a second lol I guess we spend so long telling ourselves negative things (or atleast I do) that when someone says something so positive and kind that its just shocking. Im currently here at work by myself tonight and you really made me feel happy. I snooped through your posts and comments and you seem like such a good and kind person. Thank you for sending such positive vibes around here 🙂

• Love
Reactions: whywere
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I worked for most of the time since I left school but also I loved to do most things I worked. It really depends on the situation whether u like/love what you do or not and according to that it's how you feel about work.

I don't work fr several years bc I reject becoming a wage-slave and I'm not a resource. I'm a human!

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Work has been a major cause of my ideation and it has also been a crutch to help me through life. Depends on how you see it I think and if you're able to achieve what you want.

If it's a means to an end to earn money to do things you want to do, it might be bearable. If you have a career you want to pursue and you work hard enough and are lucky enough to achieve that, it can give you a sense of purpose in life. If you work hard and fail and end up a wage slave, it can be a torment day after day.

Sadly, plenty of companies don't treat their workers well. That's a major issue. Even if the work is ok, the conditions and management may be grossly exploitative and unfair.

I suppose the deepest resentment I have with life is that we have little choice. Unless you're eligible for benefits, the alternative to not working looks desperate. I hate it that we're born into capitalist/consumerist slavery.

For what it's worth, my advice would be to try different jobs. Obviously for a reasonable amount of time. If things are bad and unfair but could be solved- speak up. The management likely already know they're taking the piss. They may actually try to support you if they want to keep you. But, if it's that bad- try to move on. I never really regretted quiting a job. Even if in the long-term, it may not have been the wisest decision. I don't think any of us know how we'll find things until we try them though. It might be ok. Might be good even. You may really like your co-workers. Good luck!

• Informative