• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I think, if the right to die was well known, there would be less forceful tactics, and the underlying issues would gain more importance.

I often see posts about flaws in anti-suicide tactics and pro-choice arguments, but it's not us you have to convince. We already know. What would help is reaching out those who disagree. Making a wider public know would help the right to go: people could treat the causes of suicide better, call for improvements in euthanasia laws, for better healthcare... and of course, not forced prevention.

We often complain how the most vocal people against suicide do often less than anyone to prevent it. Do you know the fix? Telling them exactly how to prevent it. And yes, there will always be people who don't care, but why to not reach those who would? Some people change. Every societal change came after the issue was well known, which is why some groups are so interested in spreading nihilism to be safe. And people seem clueless about physical and mental illnesses, in general.

Last edited:
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I'm not sure if anyone here is necessarily pro-suicide prevention. Many here like to criticize "anti-suicide tactics," but a lot of us also see suicide as a way out. Why would we want people to try to stop us? Well, I can only speak for myself. Anyway, political change is slow - especially stagnant these days - and I think pushing for these issues is an exercise in futility (though in fairness I tend to be a defeatist). Suicide prevention isn't exactly high on the list of political issues of import, although better healthcare could be a good starting point as that's something most Americans agree on, at least.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I'm not sure if anyone here is necessarily pro-suicide prevention. Many here like to criticize "anti-suicide tactics,"
I think I wasn't clear, people criticize the tactics used. Most aren't against suicide prevention, we just want it to be good. What I think people needs to understand is that they should improve the elements that cause suicide in order to prevent it.
Why would we want people to try to stop us?
I think, if the right do die was popular, the underlying issues would be treated better. It's not supposed to call force against you.

Last edited:
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I think I wasn't clear, people criticize the tactics used. Most aren't against suicide prevention, we just want it to be good. What I think people needs to understand is that they should improve the elements that cause suicide in order to prevent it.

I think, if the right do die was popular, the underlying issues would be treated better.
I see what you're saying. I thought that maybe I misinterpreted your point. For the most part I agree.

• Hugs
Reactions: Proteus
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I think if you try to tell the vast majority of people that we need to improve access to euthanasia, especially in the context of mental illness, you will make lots of enemies and be called some less than kind names. It's simply something that a large portion of the population will never be open to, regardless of how well you educate them. I strongly agree that there needs to be more of a push towards finding better help for people and less time spent attacking this site though.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Make it be the motivation for a Marvel villain of the next Avengers movies and you'll definitely have a lot of people at least talking about this kind of topic out of nowhere. Many people might even realize they sympathize with this cause too. I can't even begin to count how many times I had heard "Thanos was right" everytime people bring up overpopulation and its symptoms such as inflation.

Alternatively you could try to create a series of Tik Toks with catchy enough phrases to see if it spreads lol.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I think if you try to tell the vast majority of people that we need to improve access to euthanasia, especially in the context of mental illness, you will make lots of enemies and be called some less than kind names. It's simply something that a large portion of the population will never be open to, regardless of how well you educate them. I strongly agree that there needs to be more of a push towards finding better help for people and less time spent attacking this site though.
Yeah, I think it would be especially hard to convince parents of this since they have such a strong biological imperative to preserve the lives of their children.

Reactions: sserafim