• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
It just baffles me how a fair amount of people view suicide as ''one of the worst things you can do''. Right, worse than criminal behavior. If aliens came to earth, they would be absolutely stunned by our hypocritical beliefs and behaviors.

I want someone to explain how we've come so far as humans only to be still shackled to emotional reasoning when it comes to contemplating life. Maybe us humans aren't that intelligent after all, if people don't kill themselves because of 'how it affects others' regardless of whether those peoples emotions are reasonable or not then it's almost certain that human life itself is not only hard but irrational as well.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, DoneWithThis, Marz and 3 others
HangInThere

HangInThere

Just hanging around
Apr 27, 2018
In addition to this, how can a society that is supportive of abortion be so strongly against suicide?

Reactions: DoneWithThis, Marz, RainAndSadness and 4 others
Phantom

Phantom

Apr 9, 2018
In addition to this, how can a society that is supportive of abortion be so strongly against suicide?
  1. Abortion usually has positive effects on society and the ones that stay alive
  2. Fetus isn't usually regarded as a person
Sorry but I find this idea somewhat lazy and inaccurate. Suicide couldn't be further away from abortion.

Reactions: Marz, RainAndSadness, HangInThere and 1 other person
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Suicide is perceived as a criticism of 'the system'.

If you are dieing for the system ( a soldier ) , you are a hero because you affirm society.

If you are dieing because the society is intolerable ... society is offended .

You have to fit in .
Society does not accommodate non conformist critics who see it as deficient.

( broad brush strokes ... )

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, DoneWithThis, Marz and 8 others
C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
I think the privileged can't live a good life without those who labour. Therefore they intend to label suicide as "bad", so that they can minimize losses and maintain their lives.

This has been done for such a long time that most people don't think about the origin of the idea and just accept it as unquestionable truth..... Of course if life is good for them, they have little reason to wonder if death is as good as life.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Blue Rose, azeton and 2 others
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Like the Joker said in The Dark Knight: "You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go 'according to plan.' Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot or a truckload of soldiers will be blowing up, nobody panics because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die...well, then everyone loses their minds!"

Suicide is not a part of the plan. So people are against it.

Reactions: Snatsbats, Blue Rose, DoneWithThis and 4 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
It just baffles me how a fair amount of

I want someone to explain how we've come so far as humans only to be still shackled to emotional reasoning when it comes to contemplating life. Maybe us humans aren't that intelligent after all, if people don't kill themselves because of 'how it affects others' regardless of whether those peoples emotions are reasonable or not then it's almost certain that human life itself is not only hard but irrational as well.
yes me to way people view suicide as ''one of the worst things you can do

Reactions: Marz
HangInThere

HangInThere

Just hanging around
Apr 27, 2018
  1. Abortion usually has positive effects on society and the ones that stay alive
  2. Fetus isn't usually regarded as a person
Sorry but I find this idea somewhat lazy and inaccurate. Suicide couldn't be further away from abortion.

You bring up a good point but when I was comparing the two I was mostly thinking that if you support abortion you're okay with:

Taking a human life (no matter how you try to go around it, the fetus is a human life) which throws the muh life should always be preserved argument out the window

And

Putting your interests first even if it hurts others as long as it's what you want (which throws the but what about your family argument out the window)

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RainAndSadness and never getting better
C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
You bring up a good point but when I was comparing the two I was mostly thinking that if you support abortion you're okay with:

Taking a human life (no matter how you try to go around it, the fetus is a human life) which throws the muh life should always be preserved argument out the window

Putting your interests first even if it hurts others as long as it's what you want (which throws the but what about your family argument out the window)

Unfortunately I can't agree with you. This might not be the best example but if we are just waiting for a football game to start but it got canceled, we wouldn't say there was a football game would we?

Additionay, I think it is uncertain if fetuses can feel pain.

Reactions: Phantom, HangInThere and Tiburcio
A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
It depends.
  • Some think that maybe the person could have been helped and their death could have been prevented and it is a tragic loss. Which is true in some cases.
  • On the other hand, killing yourself for philosophical reasons such as hatred of the system and this world is like saying "Fuck you, life is not worth living!" Of course those that are alive won't accept suicide because of fear that the person that left this cursed world is actually right.
  • Some are just plain stupid, ignorant and/or brainwashed.
Another thing is that your owners will and do everything they can to make you into an obedient slave scum piece of shit human. Waste your life at a job while believe the garbage that comes from their mouth and give them the power to be gods on earth. Of course they would set the system in such a way so that people don't off themselves. Who will work as a slave then? Who will be part of the human resources?

Fuck this evil world. I'm glad it will burn in hell one day along with humanity.(metaphor, meaning this world and humanity will be wiped out one day)

Reactions: depressedmaniac, Journeytoletgo, azeton and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

Like the Joker said in The Dark Knight: "You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go 'according to plan.' Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot or a truckload of soldiers will be blowing up, nobody panics because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die...well, then everyone loses their minds!"

Suicide is not a part of the plan. So people are against it.
Good quote!

Reactions: Caerula
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Unfortunately I can't agree with you. This might not be the best example but if we are just waiting for a football game to start but it got canceled, we wouldn't say there was a football game would we?

Additionay, I think it is uncertain if fetuses can feel pain.

Okay, sure. Except when its an abortion its "not a life" and people dont cry a tear. But have a miscarriage at the same point, and people have funerals, they cry for months if not years, it fundamentally can break individuals.

Regardless of a persons view on fetuses lives, abilities to experience anything, abortions and miscarriages, its sad in all circumstances.

But as I said, its all about the plan. If youre committing an abortion, its planned and its "okay. " The same as people dying in battle, etc.
Miscarriage is unplanned, and terrible, just as suicide is considered.

Reactions: Phantom and Caerula