suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
I have really bad issues with anger, and I often hit myself in the head (very hard) when I get angry enough.
I'm trying to stop this habit, if anyone has a solution to my problem, or has advice, I'd like that a lot, thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marine and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Hit something else instead like a pillow?

Reactions: suprswag
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I do this, but care not to admit it, I did try the pillow trick but it didn'tgive the same result feeling wise, I try and hit my legs instead, less damaging, but as for stopping totally, nope no advice sorry!

suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
Hit something else instead like a pillow?
I've tried something like that before, I've stabbed my pillow from anger before but it didn't give the same feeling as it did when I hit myself.

Reactions: jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I've tried something like that before, I've stabbed my pillow from anger before but it didn't give the same feeling as it did when I hit myself.
Nothing will. You just need to accept that you won't feel quite the same

I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
i do the same thing. i hit my legs and my head really hard, i'm scared i'm going to give myself brain damage. but when i'm angry i feel like i can't not hurt myself, especially if i'm angry at myself. i dont know if i have advice because i struggle with the same thing but you aren't alone

• Love
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
hit a pillow or a stuffed animal!!! when i say hit i mean fucking as hard as you can. putting on intense music and dancing around to tire yourself out helps as well (whether that be heavy metal, hardstyle etc.).

you need to replace hitting yourself with a different physical sensation. i cut myself when i am angry/distressed/sad. i replace it with what i mentioned above, but my favourite is eating hot sauce by the spoonful. this really works well for me.

you can say "it doesn't feel the same!!!" all you want, but do you actually enjoy this behaviour? does it really get your anger out productively? cutting doesn't for me, and as euphoric as it feels, i have to accept it isn't a sustainable behaviour.

• Love
Reactions: setty and suprswag
setty

setty

trying to live
Feb 24, 2023
i have a feeling that maybe that when you are angry it is not about just hitting anything, but hitting yourself, so i understand if hitting something else does not feel the same. if you cannot get out of the habit of hitting yourself, i think it would help too find some way of hitting yourself without causing any serious harm.
maybe next time try hitting your hand leg or arm.

this being said, harming yourself is not a solution to this problem, i think solving the origin of this problem which is being able to better handle anger is where to focus on

• Love
dumpstermagic

dumpstermagic

Lone Hobo
Mar 6, 2023
just go for it when you need to. dont forget to look at the overall issue that's making u mad. never forget you CAN take action to get the fuck away from it

• Love