• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
for reddit,
it seems worse, but why? (for suicideforum, i can't find a working screen reader, so I can't participate)

I've seen better subreddits on hard topics. not good subreddits, but at least constructive or positive? maybe not as good as the private or off-reddit subreddits though?

do people feel less comfortable there because of the easier access and more eyes on it? maybe it's more desperate and less searching to find places like here?

I don't know what to say, I feel weird on that subreddit, like I can't say good things, and here at least maybe I can?

the subreddit seems the most popular forum about suicide maybe? is there a list of forums to compare to?

Last edited:
Reactions: iloverachel and Mi Mi
assisted

assisted

🍄
Jul 7, 2022
it's completely different

Reactions: dieTagesindkalt, Beyond_Repair, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
You can't genuinely talk about suicide on suicidewatch. Pretty big difference. I tried to talk about it on there before someone told me about SaSu.

Reactions: dieTagesindkalt, yyytry, divinemistress36 and 7 others
DarknessInMe

DarknessInMe

Jun 19, 2023
I agree with Suicidebydeath. In my experience, talking openly about suicidal thoughts and especially intentions or even plans is risky to consider as the policy of Reddit can be interpreted as pro-life (as stated here). As far as I've seen, people often try to encourage the OP to reach out for help rather than accepting their decision.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, rozeske, chestnut and 2 others
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Suicidewatch is a joke. It's an echo chamber for people to spout the same pro-life lines on every post so they can feel like they're "helping". Honestly they place could be run by a bot. It's mostly venting teens getting no help just being told that "it will get better' and "things aren't that bad".

What bothers me most is that no one comments on methods. You have kids on there trying to ctb with anything they have on hand, usually larger bottles of OTC drugs or a razor blade. Nether of these methods work and can lead to some serious, permanent damage. But on Suicidewatch, you're not allowed to talk about methods, so you can't say anything about it not working and being dangerous. I have tried numerous times to respond as such and my post got deleted. They're so anti-suicide they would rather have kids potentially destroy an organ with a bad OD choice than actually talk to them like a human being.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: dieTagesindkalt, sadandlonely99, jar-baby and 13 others
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
for reddit,
it seems worse, but why? (for suicideforum, i can't find a working screen readers, so I can't participate)

I've seen better subreddits on hard topics. not good subreddits, but at least constructive or positive? maybe not as good as the private or off-reddit subreddits though?

do people feel less comfortable there because of the easier access and more eyes on it? maybe it's more desperate and less searching to find places like here?

I don't know what to say, I feel weird on that subreddit, like I can't say good things, and here at least maybe I can?

the subreddit seems the most popular forum about suicide maybe? is there a list of forums to compare to?
I got banned for saying the name of a boy who killed himself with carbon monoxide
I was hinting at the question of the op and it got me banned
In my opinion they romanticize the dreary feelings but they don't actually want to die or accept people who genuinely want to die

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dieTagesindkalt, ijustwishtodie, ChildrensITV and 3 others
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
The difference is right in SaSu's name. Not subscribing to the idea that suicide is axiomatically bad allows for more rational, nuanced, and open conversations—even for those who do want to recover.

Reactions: dieTagesindkalt, Forveleth, locked*n*loaded and 2 others
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Reddit has buttoned up hard on suicide in general. With the IPO drama, etc. it has been working hard to quietly get rid of anything that isn't investor- or advertiser-friendly. And the last thing investors want is the existence of a forum where teenagers (since a huge % of the member base is under 18) are "encouraged" to commit suicide. Thus a lot of related subs were shut down and funneled into SW which has very strict comment requirements and rules. And there are other forums that chased out any discussions on suicide on their own (GriefSupport for instance removes any posts that do so much as imply someone is suicidal as a result of grief, because they claim it makes the sub "unsafe" and "not inclusive" for those suffering from suicide loss even though they have a sub all to themselves for that)

Moreover a lot of SW posters are teens venting while going through a tough time, so most are wrapped up in their own problems and not interested in others... So they usually come to post in their own thread and then leave.

It's just a dishonest sub. None of us can tell if anyone's life will get better or not. Only allowing empty "I care about you" questions and replies and pro-life encouragement doesn't help OP get to the root issues or really get shit off their chest. There's a marked difference in how it used to be run, which you can see if you view the top posts of all time on that sub, posts used to get more attention and honest discussion. Still not as good as SaSu though.

Reactions: Forveleth and Relic
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I am a member of suicideforum.com and have been for a few years with a few thousand posts (Same username). It is a wonderful community and I still check up on them from time to time, but they are pro-life in general. Its more of a place for mental health support and recovery. If you make a thread asking for ways to take your life it will most likely be closed

If you have serious plans to ctb and learn methods, sanctioned suicide is the forum to use. suicideforum is for support and recovery from my years of experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Arachno, jar-baby, Forveleth and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I can't comment on suicideforum.com but r/suicidewatch is incredibly pro life. That place is a complete joke

Reactions: Forveleth and divinemistress36
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
. It is a wonderful community and I still check up on them from time to time, but they are pro-life in general. Its more of a place for mental health support and recovery. If you make a thread asking for ways to take your life it will most likely be closed

If you have serious plans to ctb and learn methods, sanctioned suicide is the forum to use. suicideforum is for support and recovery from my years of experience.
is this more recently? I didn't see methods, but when I was at earliest threads and maybe recent ones at the time maybe months ago, it seemed uninhibited? 'dark', but less dark I guess because a less number of dark topics were there. though I hadn't seen mentions of censorship, talk of what couldn't be said, fighting, mod intervention, or redditey conflicts. even with Reddit I guess there's shadow deleting, but I didn't see much mod talk, except weird rules to commenter's and posters and people looking at their sidebar.

i don't know, I'm forgetting something, it did feel different. for example the mods at forum had not been understanding often. here, the email didn't respond to me, and for pm some mods responded, some not.

Reactions: iloverachel
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
is this more recently? I didn't see methods, but when I was at earliest threads and maybe recent ones at the time maybe months ago, it seemed uninhibited? 'dark', but less dark I guess because a less number of dark topics were there. though I hadn't seen mentions of censorship, talk of what couldn't be said, fighting, mod intervention, or redditey conflicts. even with Reddit I guess there's shadow deleting, but I didn't see much mod talk, except weird rules to commenter's and posters and people looking at their sidebar.

i don't know, I'm forgetting something, it did feel different. for example the mods at forum had not been understanding often. here, the email didn't respond to me, and for pm some mods responded, some not.
I was more active in previous years but I do check the forum every few days or weeks recently
Dark and suicidal talk is allowed. You can talking about wanting to die. You can talk about how horrible life is and go into vivid detail. But mentioning of methods is strictly prohibited.

Even if you mention you want to take pills to od if mods spot it they would replace it with <mod edit - method listed>. But mods are really nice people and would warn you.

Most people there are friendly and supportive so there's not much conflict
Most people probably know the rules over time and warnings and they are nice so they don't try and break rules

Placo

Placo

Experienced
Feb 14, 2024
r/suicidewatch is prolife, I think there is a rule that clearly says that they don't talk about methods, furthermore for having expressed a pro-choice post once I think it was deleted, I don't know the other one anyway but from what I read from here are also prolife, I think the only truly pro-choice one is this one, it is no coincidence that it is the one most targeted by the media.

Reactions: dieTagesindkalt, divinemistress36 and Forveleth