• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Why do we need a society at all?
Your observation aligns with certain theories in psychology and neuroscience that emphasize the social nature of human cognition and behavior. Mirror neurons, for example, are neurons in the brain that fire both when an individual performs an action and when they observe someone else performing the same action. This mechanism is believed to underlie various social processes, including empathy, imitation, and communication.

When we communicate with others, especially in face-to-face interactions, there is a dynamic exchange of information, emotions, and cognitive processes. This interaction can indeed "hypercharge" our conscious minds by stimulating mirror neurons and other neural circuits involved in social cognition.

In a sense, communication serves as a means of linking individuals together, allowing them to share experiences, thoughts, and emotions. This social connection can lead to a sense of cohesion and collective understanding, akin to what you described as forming "group minds."

While humans may not exhibit the same level of collective behavior as social insects like termites or ants, our ability to communicate and cooperate in groups is a fundamental aspect of our evolutionary heritage and social functioning. It's through these social interactions that we shape our identities, develop shared beliefs and values, and collectively navigate the complexities of the world around us.

Do I think that human beings are all tied together by some sort of field of mind? No. There is a collective unconscious (which can be manipulated through propaganda), but I see it is emerging from individual unconsciousnesses rather than being something separate.

Humans need society for various reasons, including companionship, cooperation, support, and the sharing of resources and knowledge. Society provides a framework for individuals to fulfill their social, emotional, and physical needs, and it facilitates the exchange of ideas, cultural practices, and experiences, ultimately contributing to personal growth and development. Additionally, society offers protection, security, and a sense of belonging, which are essential for individual well-being and survival.

Humans are inherently social beings, and the formation of societies fulfills fundamental needs that individuals cannot satisfy alone. Here are some key reasons why society is essential:

1. Survival: Historically, humans relied on cooperation within groups to hunt, gather resources, and defend against threats. Society enhances survival chances by pooling resources and knowledge and providing mutual protection.

2. Emotional well-being: Social interactions fulfill emotional needs such as companionship, love, and belonging. Being part of a society provides support networks, reduces feelings of isolation, and fosters emotional resilience.

3. Division of labor: Society enables specialization and the division of labor, allowing individuals to focus on specific tasks or professions. This specialization leads to increased productivity and efficiency, benefiting the entire community.

4. Cultural transmission: Society facilitates the transmission of culture, traditions, and knowledge across generations. Through social interactions, individuals learn language, norms, values, and skills that are crucial for personal and cultural development.

5. Innovation and progress: Collaboration within society fosters innovation and technological advancement. Sharing ideas, experiences, and resources sparks creativity and drives progress in various fields, from science and technology to arts and literature.

6. Identity and belonging: Society provides a framework for individuals to establish their identities and affiliations. Belonging to a community or group gives individuals a sense of purpose, identity, and connection to something larger than themselves.

Overall, society serves as the foundation for human existence, enabling cooperation, growth, and collective progress. Without society, humans would struggle to meet their basic needs and fulfill their potential.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Your observation aligns with certain theories in psychology and neuroscience that emphasize the social nature of human cognition and behavior. Mirror neurons, for example, are neurons in the brain that fire both when an individual performs an action and when they observe someone else performing the same action. This mechanism is believed to underlie various social processes, including empathy, imitation, and communication.

When we communicate with others, especially in face-to-face interactions, there is a dynamic exchange of information, emotions, and cognitive processes. This interaction can indeed "hypercharge" our conscious minds by stimulating mirror neurons and other neural circuits involved in social cognition.

In a sense, communication serves as a means of linking individuals together, allowing them to share experiences, thoughts, and emotions. This social connection can lead to a sense of cohesion and collective understanding, akin to what you described as forming "group minds."

While humans may not exhibit the same level of collective behavior as social insects like termites or ants, our ability to communicate and cooperate in groups is a fundamental aspect of our evolutionary heritage and social functioning. It's through these social interactions that we shape our identities, develop shared beliefs and values, and collectively navigate the complexities of the world around us.

Do I think that human beings are all tied together by some sort of field of mind? No. There is a collective unconscious (which can be manipulated through propaganda), but I see it is emerging from individual unconsciousnesses rather than being something separate.

Humans need society for various reasons, including companionship, cooperation, support, and the sharing of resources and knowledge. Society provides a framework for individuals to fulfill their social, emotional, and physical needs, and it facilitates the exchange of ideas, cultural practices, and experiences, ultimately contributing to personal growth and development. Additionally, society offers protection, security, and a sense of belonging, which are essential for individual well-being and survival.

Humans are inherently social beings, and the formation of societies fulfills fundamental needs that individuals cannot satisfy alone. Here are some key reasons why society is essential:

1. Survival: Historically, humans relied on cooperation within groups to hunt, gather resources, and defend against threats. Society enhances survival chances by pooling resources and knowledge and providing mutual protection.

2. Emotional well-being: Social interactions fulfill emotional needs such as companionship, love, and belonging. Being part of a society provides support networks, reduces feelings of isolation, and fosters emotional resilience.

3. Division of labor: Society enables specialization and the division of labor, allowing individuals to focus on specific tasks or professions. This specialization leads to increased productivity and efficiency, benefiting the entire community.

4. Cultural transmission: Society facilitates the transmission of culture, traditions, and knowledge across generations. Through social interactions, individuals learn language, norms, values, and skills that are crucial for personal and cultural development.

5. Innovation and progress: Collaboration within society fosters innovation and technological advancement. Sharing ideas, experiences, and resources sparks creativity and drives progress in various fields, from science and technology to arts and literature.

6. Identity and belonging: Society provides a framework for individuals to establish their identities and affiliations. Belonging to a community or group gives individuals a sense of purpose, identity, and connection to something larger than themselves.

Overall, society serves as the foundation for human existence, enabling cooperation, growth, and collective progress. Without society, humans would struggle to meet their basic needs and fulfill their potential.
What's the collective unconscious? How exactly is it manipulated?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Weird! I didn't get the first notification, @sserafim @DarkRange55. Long post; feel free to skip/skim

You mentioned: "We are always conscious, aware of everything, no escape from ourselves"

I wonder if you're like a promortalist I know. She has a brain condition where she's hyper-conscious — very little unconscious. She even consciously shapes her lips as she talks! A couple times during sports, she was horrified when her unconscious took over — like running & hitting a volleyball

(Unlike me. While I'm talking, I can be conscious of just 1 thing. My unconscious does everything else)

For her, every minute's work-work-work — an endless grind. I realized: my unconscious spares me from much suffering. Many listen to music, drive a car or take drugs — to turn off conscious mind. We've experimented with disabling it & trying to grow her unconscious

Biologically, I think we form group minds. Not as hardcore as termites or fire ants. But with mirror neurons & whatnot, we often hypercharge our conscious minds when communicating. (Communication's how we link up)

Many die because we lack purpose within group minds. Einstein argued:

Less dramatically, I think of it in terms of teamwork. Dysfunctional teams are somehow dumber than each of their members. And suffer from "individual vs society"

Whereas functional teams are greater than the sum of their parts. And enable people to self-actualize: discover & grow their individuality

Some enjoy playing with basic team operations: creating, destroying, merging & splitting teams
I think I agree with this ☝️
What's the collective unconscious?

Done_With_It_All

Done_With_It_All

Mar 15, 2024
I mean, there are definitely good in life, like muffins. But is it all worth it? My answer is no.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
What's the collective unconscious? How exactly is it manipulated?
The collective unconscious is a concept proposed by psychiatrist Carl Jung. It refers to the part of the unconscious mind shared by all human beings, containing universal symbols, archetypes, and primordial instincts. According to Jung, the collective unconscious is inherited and shapes our experiences, behavior, and perceptions.

Jung believed that the collective unconscious is composed of inherited psychological elements, distinct from personal experiences, that manifest in myths, symbols, dreams, and cultural motifs. Archetypes, such as the hero, the mother, or the shadow, are examples of universal patterns found in the collective unconscious that influence human thought and behavior across cultures and time periods.

The collective unconscious is considered a reservoir of shared human experiences and wisdom, influencing individual and collective behavior in profound ways. Jung's concept of the collective unconscious has had a significant impact on psychology, anthropology, mythology, and various fields exploring the depths of human consciousness and culture.

Btw the Borge is a Star Trek reference, they are a hive mind species
The collective unconscious is a concept proposed by psychiatrist Carl Jung. It refers to the part of the unconscious mind shared by all human beings, containing universal symbols, archetypes, and primordial instincts. According to Jung, the collective unconscious is inherited and shapes our experiences, behavior, and perceptions.

Jung believed that the collective unconscious is composed of inherited psychological elements, distinct from personal experiences, that manifest in myths, symbols, dreams, and cultural motifs. Archetypes, such as the hero, the mother, or the shadow, are examples of universal patterns found in the collective unconscious that influence human thought and behavior across cultures and time periods.

The collective unconscious is considered a reservoir of shared human experiences and wisdom, influencing individual and collective behavior in profound ways. Jung's concept of the collective unconscious has had a significant impact on psychology, anthropology, mythology, and various fields exploring the depths of human consciousness and culture.

Btw the Borge is a Star Trek reference, they are a hive mind species
racial memories, things that are embedded in the race

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
But why do we need a society at all? Why do anyone want to live?
We don't grow our own food or build our own house anymore so we have to exchange with other people and that exchange is through money.

• Informative
A

AlternativeBagel

Mar 12, 2024
For a lot of people it's because they grew up in healthy circumstances. Their parents were well rounded individuals and subsequently so were their children. They grew up mentally and emotionally healthy and therefore they know how to deal with a lot of life's struggles and maintain healthy relationships with people. For them this makes life worth living.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Racial memories, also known as collective or ancestral memories, are theoretical constructs suggesting that memories or experiences of past generations are somehow transmitted through genetic or cultural means, influencing the behavior, beliefs, and perceptions of subsequent generations within a particular racial or ethnic group. This concept has been explored in various fields, including psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
Racial memories, also known as collective or ancestral memories, are theoretical constructs suggesting that memories or experiences of past generations are somehow transmitted through genetic or cultural means, influencing the behavior, beliefs, and perceptions of subsequent generations within a particular racial or ethnic group. This concept has been explored in various fields, including psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
the Jungian Collective Unconscious is overstated, but not totally without merit

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024

the Jungian Collective Unconscious is overstated, but not totally without merit
This is linked with epigenetics. Let's say your dad was beaten by your grandfather with a belt when he was young. That trauma now leaves a chemical…. Yes chemical mark on his genes. So now when he has a child - the child inherits the "grandfather beating the shit out of him with a belt trauma".

executioner1983

executioner1983

death is sustainable
Oct 2, 2023
They are either deluded or distracted.