BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I should admit I came across this on Reddit, but I'm curious to read your experience. Also, if this relates, how do you often feel in your body?

For example, my internal monologue is almost blank at this point. I don't really have much of anything going through my mind. I notice that I often feel numb and cold in my body. The more empty my mind gets, the colder I feel. I literally get goosebumps and chills.

• Hugs
Reactions: lucid, freefrommybody, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 6 others
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
Please, make it fucking stop.

• Hugs
Reactions: inactive, Fedrea, Lostandlooking and 9 others
D

donquixote42

Aug 14, 2020
Pretty chatty, especially when I am preoccupied with something, be it work or a personal project. I find that it helps overcome bad thoughts to some degree.
Obviously, when I am at my lowest, I can't help but to lie under a blanket and think about aforementioned stuff...

• Hugs
Reactions: Susannah, Brick In The Wall and SnowWhite
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
I do literally have to tell my self to shut up sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Doormat, disabledandhopeless, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Semi-Professional Disappointment
Jan 16, 2020
I've managed to get it under control in recent months, but sometimes it's so noisy in there that I zone out of conversations

• Hugs
Reactions: Susannah, leiche, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i don't really have any... conversations, per say. i can't actually hear my thoughts. it's just me ranting to myself about various things and sidetracking constantly. it gets a bit scary at times, but otherwise it's boring.

• Hugs
Reactions: SnowWhite and Brick In The Wall
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Please, make it fucking stop.
This. My mind doesn't shut up and it contributes massively to my insomnia. My internal monologue just goes on and on and on and on, as soon as I wake up it's off again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, SnowWhite, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Mine is extremely chatty. I'm literally always insulting myself whether it's because I'm awful or sometimes I'm insulting myself for insulting myself for being awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Skathon, SnowWhite and 3 others
searchingfreedom

searchingfreedom

Jun 5, 2020
It never stfu!

• Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Skathon, SnowWhite and 4 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
Comes and goes, but i can stop or start it when i want, sorta.

• Hugs
Reactions: freefrommybody, SnowWhite and Brick In The Wall
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
It's constant. I told someone that if I ever spoke like it to a child in real life (like the kids I used to teach) I'd get thrown in jail for verbal assault. It gets intense but it only hurts the one it's supposed to - me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Doormat, Lostandlooking, Skathon and 5 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
My mind stays silent and only does what I tell it to. I can shut it on or off like a light switch. It took years of mental meditation to gain so much control over it though.

• Wow
Reactions: I_love_to_bake, SnowWhite and Brink
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
My mind stays silent and only does what I tell it to. I can shut it on or off like a light switch. It took years of mental meditation to gain so much control over it though.
[Where dit that emoji for jealous go to...?"]. I have no discipline over any aspect of myself, especially my emotions. That's a wonderful practice to have. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
as blank as my bank account . JK its chatty as hell and i wanna silence it forever :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
P

pennylanefinaltake

Aug 7, 2020
extremely. but that's coz of my anxiety. I overthink things and overwork my brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
My internal monologue talks either like a youtuber or a manga character depends on what I'm watching. Fucking noisy in there

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA
catsarecool

catsarecool

Remember me for me, I need to set my spirit free
Jul 2, 2020
A lot of the time when I'm just walking around or doing nothing I start conversations in my head or just inner monologue to the point where I forget what I'm doing or don't realize whats happening around me. A lot of the time I imagine having arguments inside my head with the people I care about and get heated and angry about them lol. Also when I'm really anxious or panicking i start repeating certain words or sentences in my head.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Stavrogin and draw a circle
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
My internal monologue talks either like a youtuber or a manga character depends on what I'm watching. Fucking noisy in there
Jesus Christ, that sounds like a lower degree of hell than the one I'm in.

D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
very chatty, never they stop talking and thinking out loud

Reactions: Stavrogin
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
My internal monologue becomes talking in my sleep at night. And I apparently talk so loud while sleeping that I woke up to Alexa responding to something I had just said with, "Uh huh."

• Aww..
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
Pretty chatty. I've divided the types of monologue into some different voices.

The Regular Me: Provides commentary for everything. Performs casual thinking. An ever-present buddy. Though, its thoughts are often petty, exacerbating my anxiety, distracting me, and being cruel and disgusting regarding others.

The Ape: Irrational. Indulgent. Short-sighted. Procrastinator. Impulsive. Violently hateful. Assumes the worst. Can't take it anymore. Demands to take over with laziness or anger.

The Voice of Reason: Fights The Ape. Gives orders. Calm. Finds solutions for problems. Warns of risks. Focuses on the greater goal, the ideal, and the future. The reliable friend that supports me. The deep thinker. The decency in me.

Many bad things that have happened to me could have been avoided had I listened to The Voice of Reason.

• Hugs
listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
blank, i have many thoughts but they mostly arent in words

XYZ

XYZ

I just canā€™t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
My internal monologue is a broken record that keeps turning the same phrases again and again. "I hate myself", " I am a failure", "I want to die". The past few days it's been playing this line from a Nirvana song, almost obsessively:

"Nothing on the top
But a bucket and a mopp
And an illustrated book about BUUUUURDZZZ"

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
tumblr_lw0435FBRv1qmk915o1_500.jpg

Anxiety and ADD. Yay! Sometimes I go "blank", like with heavy anxiety, but I still have it all going somewhere in the background, Just can't get access to coherent thoughts.

Reactions: XYZ and Lostandlooking
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I don't really notice its volume even if I do have a lot of thoughts racing through my head; since it's me I'm not really bothered by it, since it is myself, for lack of a better way to explain it. It might be to do with dissociation, since I don't really experience that at all except for rare moments, so I never really 'feel' myself as a different person.

Reactions: Skathon
D

Deleted member 20852

Mine is endless and very loud makes it very hard to concentrate on anything at all. Sleeping is my only relief from it unless I'm plagued by bad dreams again.

• Hugs
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
Very chatty. Its like two opposing viewpoints arguing with eachother all day long. It leads me to be unable to make clear decisions, quite a nuisance.

• Hugs
R

ryla2090

Student
Feb 22, 2020
Actually very chatty. I want to make the most of it before I CTB, so it's mostly positive dialogue.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I rarely let myself talk to myself as it's usually not good. I distract myself by listening to music, reading and watching things. I usually have lyrics in my head

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Extremely chatty but also very repetitive. Sometimes feels like a broken record.