B

Brayu

Student
Sep 14, 2021
I need to vent about this... here we are treated as pathetic. They offer treatment to us, but most of society sees us as "ungrateful", lazy, real inconveniences (after all, if "it's not physical", it's nothing)

I realize that most of us have more empathy than the average person, but it is not reciprocated at all... when the "worst" happens they only judge by the last act (suicide), as if we were great egoists (???) . It gives me rancidity.

They tell us to ask for help, but they avoid it as much as possible if we really want to talk!!!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, stevieu, LonelyBrazilian and 3 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Any kind of mental illness has you treated like a literal retarded child here.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and LonelyBrazilian
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
The terms ''mental health'' and ''neuroatypical'' don't exist in the shithole i'm living in. If you're even slightly different than the norm you'll just be shunned away and that's all.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and UberYeets
LonelyBrazilian

LonelyBrazilian

Just a boring guy.
Oct 21, 2021
Here i'm seen as a subhuman, and constantly despised and looked upon with disgust by men and especially women.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and demuic
TimeLawyer

TimeLawyer

Now scheduled for deletion. Goodbye all
Oct 10, 2019
I feel this I got so fed up with the mainstream view of mental illness in society and the "duty" to recover and convert to a mainstream outlook or thinking style that I fell in with the antipsychiatry crowd for a while. Then it was all "the diagnoses in the DSM are not valid at all scientifically but any form of significant distress is still an illness" "oh but ethically, it's still best to conform to society if you can" where did I catch an illness that has no biological origin whatsoever? I'm sick no matter where I go or whom I ask apparently. I'm an atheist, before believing something exists I'm going to need to see some proof. I don't feel sick. Never have......

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
They're more likely to be called 'neurodivergent', if only because 'neuroatypical' doesn't roll off the tongue, but less likely to be called that than they are to be called 'nerds'. The National Autistic Society in the UK couldn't care less about adults, and the only reason it does anything about children is because they have pushy parents, though Callie Lewis was diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum anyway,

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In terms of mental illness, people will only be able to comprehend what it is like if they have suffered from it themselves. If they have not suffered from it they will never be able to understand how it can ruin lives and be debilitating. If its a physical illness they are more likely to be able to understand how it can ruin someones life, as most people have suffered physically in some way before.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and LonelyBrazilian