• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Human loneliness. The modern life is weird. Thousands and millions of people are living close to each other but many of us are nevertheless isolated. It is pretty strange that a lot of people can live in apartments in the same house, but they never socialize with each other. In the society, we have healthcare, dental care, psychiatry and old age care, but where shall we go with our loneliness? Man is a social being, we are not created to live alone. Civilization is the cause of social isolation - the caveman had to cooperate to survive. In big cities, single households and loneliness are common. You can live your hole life in a big city and never get to know anyone there. And the older you get, the smaller the circle of acquaintances becomes. If you move to another town, this can lead to loneliness. Bullying can lead to loneliness. Disease can lead to loneliness. But maybe you are just unlucky. There are humans who are not alone, but they feel alone when they meet other people, people who do not understand them. And a pandemic like covid-19 makes people even more lonely.

Death and loneliness. Too many people die alone. There are humans who die alone in their homes and some people die alone in hospitals without relatives, these patients only have the medical staff with them. A person who committs suicide must almost always die alone, but no one should actually have to die alone. However, what is right to do is not always legal since it is illegal to help someone to die. Suicide will make you lonely because suicide is taboo.

This is how your body is affected by involuntary loneliness: high blood pressure, impaired sleep, pain in the body, susceptibility to infections, digestive system problems, drug abuse is common, concentration difficulties, memory problems, mood swings and depression. Involuntary loneliness is as dangerous as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.

What can we do about it? Human loneliness is not the individual´s fault, basically it is a societal issue. In England, a minister of loneliness has been appointed. Internet is a place where almost everything can be found nowadays; contact sites and other webbsites where people can write to each other. Go to a church and talk to a priest. Call a relative. Go to a shop and say something nice to someone in the store. Go to a library and read a book. Talk to your neighbour. Write a letter to someone. Pets are nice, but they can not replace humans. We can use this thread to write about loneliness.

1. How alone are you today on a scale of 1 - 10?
2. What can we do about our loneliness on Sanctioned Suicide?
3. Do you want to die because of loneliness?

Ensamhet

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: another_user, TaffyFlounder, TimetoGo! and 15 others
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
1. 5. I have my parents but the thing is I would rather be alone. That would help fuel my depression and help me ctb.
2. There are a lot of fun threads you could check out, maybe make friends with people who share your interests.
3. No. I personally believe that if you cannot be happy with yourself/alone, then you can't be happy with anybody else.

• Love
Reactions: UndeservedGrace__, Beeper, DarkDg21 and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
1. 6/10. I'm rarely ever actually alone as my parents are usually always around, but I do avoid them most of the time and spend most of my time stuck in my own thoughts. I may be alone but I'm not lonely, I like to isolate myself by choice.
2. I guess on SS people can communicate with others through the forum and stuff, as people can easily find things in common with others.
3. Loneliness isn't why I want to die, honestly I feel more depressed around other people. I just don't desire human connection.

• Hugs
Reactions: haibane, edu0z, Beeper and 4 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
1. 5/10 I had an appointment with my psychologist and my parents are around me
2. idk tbh iguess the threads
3. No. Without my family I won't have financial support. That might kill me. But I have good friends in real life

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

Just wanna close my eyes, and feel alright
May 27, 2020
1. Pretty much a 10. I'm currently hospitalised and have been for the past month, surrounded by nurses but I feel so alone. When I'm at home, my mum isn't often around and I have no friends outside of the internet and even those ones are slowly starting to stop speaking to me.

2. I guess considering how we all end up here it's easy to find common interests, beliefs etc with one another, although I haven't really found many friends on here either. That could be due to the fact I'm quite a lurker I guess and struggle with conversations at times.

3. I'd say it's one of the reasons yes. As mentioned I have no friends, and no one really around to speak to. I can't remember the last time I had any social interaction outside of my house. I'm quite scared of growing old and being this lonely and I wish to avoid that at all costs.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hopeless08, Hahem, wCvML2 and 13 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
1- 5/10 ! I mean, physically, I'm alone every day but I don't feel neither alone nor lonely because I talk to lots of people online!

2- Well, SS has helped me a lot to cope with my loneliness. I've made great friends and make some videocalls with them from time to time. I even drink alcohol with some of them on Sats lol.

3- No, loneliness is not a problem for me. Sure, I miss cuddling and hugging somebody in my bed but well, who knows? I might experience that again...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Sensei, Meditation guide and 1 other person
S

ShePastAway

May 19, 2021
1- 9/10 - I've been lonely for a very long time, but talking to people online makes things a little better
2- I guess communicating with each other and interacting on threads, being able to relate to and have shared interests and beliefs
3- yes

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, liam_, Death is beautiful and 2 others
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
1) 100!!!!!!!!
3) I want to die for loneliness for one who is dead. I am self isolating and only rarely talk to anyone. Life is shit. But I figure,why should I give up my fucking stinking life,its the only thing I have. SI is strong.
Its a bit of a quandary,my friends!

• Hugs
Reactions: MutatedFlower
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
1. 10/10 and this will be until I ctb. I have nobody and never will.
2. Nothing can be done. If you are alone, then you are alone. SS is just one of my copes, nothing more.
3. SURE

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, Kittyfever and 2 others
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
1. 10/10! My mum is gone for few days, so I'm completely alone today.

2. SS kinda helps, but still it isn't enough for me. I need someone right here.

3. Not only because of loneliness, but it's quite big reason. The biggest one is that I find life pointless.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Kittyfever
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
1 10. Extremely desperately lonely.
2 Find me someone to take me out and help me meet people. Help me find 100 friends.
3 Yes

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Joplin
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
I am glad that I found Sanctioned Suicide, the best discussion forum I have been a member of. You are the best friends I have had on the Internet. I found Sanctioned Suicide by a coincidence when I was searching for something else on Google. I believe that many of us here are alone with our thoughts and our planning - for whom can we talk to about suicide and death? We live in a society where people deny human death. You are welcome to chat/private conversation with me about loneliness and your suicide thoughts. I live alone, so I know almost everything about loneliness. Drinkers and smokers are also welcome any day in the week. I have drunk alcohol myself several times to feel better for the moment. We should have fun before we die! Cheers!

Alkohol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: faex42, patheticpartner, Journeytoletgo and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Saw about 35 students today and I have one more left and my dad's gonna visit me in a while so, I'm deffo not "alone" at all today!! :pfff:

0/10

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Hurt and Joplin
S

suicideseeker

Apr 26, 2021
1. 10
2. Find someone in the club to be friends
3. Yes I have no one to stop me

• Hugs
J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
1. 9/10! Live alone, after a gut wrenching breakup. Work from home. Social interaction from work teams calls Online.
2. SS cannot fix this. I'm hella lonely now. Now country, new friends, pandemic, endless winter! my two cats passed away in this last year and i am estranged from all my family (abusers) back home. life is weird.
3. Yes. Loneliness inside. Every pain and difficulty I go through is hard and done alone. One day soon I can stop the suffering *holding thumbs *

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and faex42
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
8. In company but feeling alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: faex42, patheticpartner and FreeZebra
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
1. How alone are you today on a scale of 1 - 10?
My best friends today as ever are the Samaritans. I have called them three times: a bad day. I would say 8. I'm begin bullied at work for months and now about to lose my job due to the bullying. Friends in real life fading away. Living with a man I love, who barely speaks with me.
2. What can we do about our loneliness on Sanctioned Suicide?
I don't know. I find this forum harder than real life to make social connections. it would be nice to share good things too - I wish I could focus on the good things.
3. Do you want to die because of loneliness?
I don['t know. I just don't see the point anymore. Every day is hard, then the next day is hard, then the next day is hard. This is living with mental illness. It leads to social issues, bullying at work, divorce, everything in my life...blame it on the brain chemistry.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, ming, Kittyfever and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Thursday, my hardest working day of the week, is finally over!!!!!!
Tomorrow won't be easier but it won't be as hard as today so, I'm not feeling very suicidal.

3/10!

• Hugs
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
1. Pretty much a 10. I'm currently hospitalised and have been for the past month, surrounded by nurses but I feel so alone. When I'm at home, my mum isn't often around and I have no friends outside of the internet and even those ones are slowly starting to stop speaking to me.

2. I guess considering how we all end up here it's easy to find common interests, beliefs etc with one another, although I haven't really found many friends on here either. That could be due to the fact I'm quite a lurker I guess and struggle with conversations at times.

3. I'd say it's one of the reasons yes. As mentioned I have no friends, and no one really around to speak to. I can't remember the last time I had any social interaction outside of my house. I'm quite scared of growing old and being this lonely and I wish to avoid that at all costs.
It is terrible that many of us are alone when there are so many people on this planet. It is difficult to find (close) friends on the Internet too, I believe that depends on that even here there are many humans - too many to choose from. If there were only two people here, they would become close friends. Overpopulation leads to loneliness. Overpopulation is the cause of all evil that afflicts our planet.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and AwokenToReality
S

ShePastAway

May 19, 2021
10 right now, it's so painful to be alone ;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, MutatedFlower and Joplin
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Physically, 10/10 but I talk to so many people online that I don't feel alone at all so, 0/10!!

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and NormaJeane
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Right now? Roughly ∞/10

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, wCvML2, patheticpartner and 2 others
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
10 lonely. Through choice tho

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2, patheticpartner and MutatedFlower
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
How alone are you today? I know that some of you want to die because of loneliness and I can understand that because no human is created to live alone. But I am happy that we have Internet to communicate with each other - what else would we do? If you are smoking cannabis or drinking alkohol alone, you can write something here - the bar has opened!

Alkohol i bar

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, weepingfree, ncmxm and 2 others
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Extremely desperately lonely! I'm not smoking or drinking though.

• Hugs
Reactions: LionsTigersAndBears, patheticpartner, NormaJeane and 1 other person
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
1) Maybe a 3, I'm physically alone today but I've got people online I can talk to. I don't feel lonely at all tbh, I'm just enjoying a break from other humans tbh.
2) I suppose just reach out, ask people how they're doing once in a while.
3) I don't, a lot of the time I like being alone. It's rare for me to feel lonely since I prefer my own company and doing things on my own terms. As of right now I don't particularly want a partner/s either.

• Hugs
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
5/10. I talk to people all the time in my work. I have friends online and a couple of close friends nearby.
I'm strange because I enjoy gatherings and people a lot but don't need it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, ImsooDone1N and WornOutLife
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, ImsooDone1N and MutatedFlower
H

Hurt

Paragon