Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Does anyone else enjoy Hololive's talents?
I'm a big Mori oshi since MYTH debut. I've been watching Hololive for almost five years and found my one big true love in Mori. It was a funny realization, because I've been a casual fan of her work and herself way before Hololive. She's really comforting and the main reason I want to stay around, she keeps putting out amazing stuff and I don't want to miss a second of it... She's always been my biggest inspiration.
The fact that she's kind of "death" herself also comforts me in a weird way aswell. I want the sweet embrace of death...

I'm torn at the moment because she's taking a break which she really needed. She has been working so hard. But I feel so unstable without her around. I want to stay strong for her.

I could gush over her for eternity but I wanted to know if anyone else here finds the same comfort in one(or even more than one) of the girls. Or just likes them enough and wants to chat about them. Tell me about your oshi and your favorite streams and songs, I want to know.
E46BA378 E24F 4EBC ADAC 152DB111F4DF

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, AllCatsAreGrey and LonelyStarrySky
LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
I actually like hololive and discovered them a few years ago when I was in a really dark place(struggling with suicidality and abanondment) I found out about vtubers throught their music and song covers. I havent' been always watched their live streams but sometimes I would tune in as a sort of comfort for the loneliness I felt.

The reason why they were so appealing to me is because they feel like you have a virtual girlfriend, that is spending time with you and talks to you, its more of a parasocial relationship. But I guess its better to have that then being absolutely alone and inside your own bedroom feeling hopeless.

I would tune in some live streams before when I was waiting for the bus, but now that I have no where to go I tune in to spend some time that I would otherwise spend being hopeless.

I think one my favourites are definetely Ouro Kronii and Mori Calliope as well, but I also like Takanashi Kiara and some indie vtubers a well. But mostly for their beautiful singing voices because music for me is something that really matters to me. I also remember the whole Uruha Rushia drama, and it felt kind of sad to see her go and be terminated like that.

So now that I am feeling abanonded by my favourite person and struggle with mental disorders I felt lost again and returned to watching some Kronii for comfort.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, Kariope and AllCatsAreGrey
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I'm a big vtuber enjoyer starting with the debut of MYTH. My bf and I both watch them a lot. Vtubers are big deal in our household. Recently I watch more Nijisanji talent, but still appreciate Hololive. My faves are Pomu and Enna. Oh, and fox mom (who is now a cockroach - I love how bizarre that would sound to the unfamiliar).

Mori's streams with Kobo are top tier. I also love when she GMs games.

I completely understand the feeling of when your oshi is on break, or graduates (although more and more they come back quick in another form). My go-to in those situations is watching old VODs.

But mostly for their beautiful singing voices because music for me is something that really matters to me.

Are you familiar with Enna's music from Nijisanji. I love her singing voice! She just released this one last night.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kariope
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Hololive? More like get-a-life, hehe.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Hololive? More like get-a-life, hehe.

It's confusing to me that you wish to bully people on a suicide forum that are expressing an interest in a fandom that gives them a little pleasure and a meaningful, albeit parasocial, relationship. Thanks for kicking people while they're down. Feel better?

Reactions: LonelyStarrySky, Praestat_Mori, Suicidebydeath and 4 others
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
It's confusing to me that you wish to bully people on a suicide forum that are expressing an interest in a fandom that gives them a little pleasure and a meaningful, albeit parasocial, relationship. Thanks for kicking people while they're down. Feel better?
Good that you don't decide what constitutes as bullying and what doesn't; otherwise I'd feel really bad about myself right now.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Adûnâi and AllCatsAreGrey
-w-

-w-

Traveler
Nov 10, 2023
Yeah I like a couple vtubers some of their music is good as well which is a plus

• Love
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
OH!!!!!!! I own a lot of Rushia merch (you can imagine my devastation when she was terminated) but Mori is my 2nd fav! I remember when her model was first shown ppl called her a boing boing version of Rushia ghvjhbkjn
I do own the Mori 2nd EP Vinyl too!!!!!! The Your Mori one. I might sell it someday but rn it's like my prized possession, it's the item I own worth the most money lmao

• Love
Reactions: Kariope and AllCatsAreGrey
Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Good that you don't decide what constitutes as bullying and what doesn't; otherwise I'd feel really bad about myself right now.
Well, you totally made me want not to chat more. Seriously, what is your problem? Don't have anything you can enjoy too and feel the need to shit on other people's interests? You're not funny, grow up edgy boy.

I actually like hololive and discovered them a few years ago when I was in a really dark place(struggling with suicidality and abanondment) I found out about vtubers throught their music and song covers. I havent' been always watched their live streams but sometimes I would tune in as a sort of comfort for the loneliness I felt.

The reason why they were so appealing to me is because they feel like you have a virtual girlfriend, that is spending time with you and talks to you, its more of a parasocial relationship. But I guess its better to have that then being absolutely alone and inside your own bedroom feeling hopeless.

I would tune in some live streams before when I was waiting for the bus, but now that I have no where to go I tune in to spend some time that I would otherwise spend being hopeless.

I think one my favourites are definetely Ouro Kronii and Mori Calliope as well, but I also like Takanashi Kiara and some indie vtubers a well. But mostly for their beautiful singing voices because music for me is something that really matters to me. I also remember the whole Uruha Rushia drama, and it felt kind of sad to see her go and be terminated like that.

So now that I am feeling abanonded by my favourite person and struggle with mental disorders I felt lost again and returned to watching some Kronii for comfort.
I'm glad they make you feel happy too! I'm also a Kronii and Kiara fan actually. Mori and Kronii are great friends and I definitely can see why you love her and she comforts you. As someone who loves Mori I totally relate to enjoying talent's singing voices. I swear I could listen to my Mori sing forever and ever... Kronii's also so great. I'm excitedly waiting for her new song release that was teased at Connect the World!!!

I'm a big vtuber enjoyer starting with the debut of MYTH. My bf and I both watch them a lot. Vtubers are big deal in our household. Recently I watch more Nijisanji talent, but still appreciate Hololive. My faves are Pomu and Enna. Oh, and fox mom (who is now a cockroach - I love how bizarre that would sound to the unfamiliar).

Mori's streams with Kobo are top tier. I also love when she GMs games.

I completely understand the feeling of when your oshi is on break, or graduates (although more and more they come back quick in another form). My go-to in those situations is watching old VODs.

Are you familiar with Enna's music from Nijisanji. I love her singing voice! She just released this one last night.

I've been watching a lot of VODs, yeah! Mori has been more active again lately though. She can't stay away from us for too long either~ I don't really like Vtubing out of Hololive but I can't say I'm not a fan of some Nijisanji designs! Nina was totally one of the girls who caught my eye, gorgeous design. Pomu and Enna are super cute aswell, you have great taste!

OH!!!!!!! I own a lot of Rushia merch (you can imagine my devastation when she was terminated) but Mori is my 2nd fav! I remember when her model was first shown ppl called her a boing boing version of Rushia ghvjhbkjn
I do own the Mori 2nd EP Vinyl too!!!!!! The Your Mori one. I might sell it someday but rn it's like my prized possession, it's the item I own worth the most money lmao
I can totally imagine... I was never fandead but Mori and Rushia got along and I do miss her and their interactions... I don't know how it's been going, but I'm hoping you're able to enjoy Rushia's new lives! Seems like you loved her a lot.
I regret not getting the vinyl so bad! I'm missing some of the older merch and the vinyls have gotten so pricey, you're so lucky to have it in your collection! ❤️ I mostly like collecting toys such as figures and plushies but I'm invested and looking forward to get my hands in some music merch soon too!!!

• Love
Reactions: Fimbulvetr, LonelyStarrySky and AllCatsAreGrey
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
But it's an unnecessary comment..

Reactions: LonelyStarrySky and Rapière
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Well, you totally made me want not to chat more. Seriously, what is your problem? Don't have anything you can enjoy too and feel the need to shit on other people's interests? You're not funny, grow up edgy boy.
👆💯

I'm glad you came back to chat with us OP. I was super excited when I saw this thread. I don't know anyone, besides my bf, who's into vtubers. It's exciting to share the fandom! It's something that brings me a lot of comfort. It makes me happy to hear how much you feel for your oshi.

Mori has been more active again lately though. She can't stay away from us for too long either

I'm glad you're able to spend time with her again.

Nina was totally one of the girls who caught my eye, gorgeous design. Pomu and Enna are super cute as well, you have great taste!

Why thank you! 💖

I've been enjoying seeing more cross over between companies. Just recently I saw Mumei in Selen's birthday concert!

Oh, and I forgot to mention my bf's fave in Holo is Fauna. (Well, it was Sana, but she's being big in space.)

What are your thoughts on the new Holostar guys?

I mostly like collecting toys such as figures and plushies but I'm invested and looking forward to get my hands in some music merch soon too!!!

I have a few plexi standees of my fave Niji talent. I'm a dork and like to bring them down in front of the TV when I watch their streams. I even bring Nina down for when I watch her Mata streams.

Last edited:
  • Love
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
I can be a pissant sometimes. Sorry if my comment made you not want to post here anymore.

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, Adûnâi and Kariope
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I don't watch Hololive vtubers too much but I've heard many good things about Mori, no wonder people like her so much. I mainly watch indie and other vtubers, I started watching VTubers this year so I'm not really a long time viewer, Vedal, Henya, Anny and Layna are my faves, I don't really watch them to feel comforted, just fun.

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, Kariope and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I still have absolutely zero clue about what this thing is. Just Twitch streamers who don't want to show their faces? But then again, why would I watch Twitch streamers... for the sake of their faces, or lack thereof? I watch streamers because they stream the games I like. How can you even split streamers into VTubers and non-VTubers? I'm so confused, feel free to give me ideas.

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I still have absolutely zero clue about what this thing is. Just Twitch streamers who don't want to show their faces? But then again, why would I watch Twitch streamers... for the sake of their faces, or lack thereof? I watch streamers because they stream the games I like. How can you even split streamers into VTubers and non-VTubers? I'm so confused, feel free to give me ideas.
my bfs a vtuber and im on the same page as you, so its cool XD

• Yay!
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and Kariope
Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Well. I can explain why I personally enjoy it and find it different from "fleshtubers"(normal streamers).

First off, I feel way more attached to fictional characters than people. This is a personal trait of mine but I see a lot of people into Vtubers who also share this. I can't really relate or feel attached easily to real people. I've been a fan of the woman who "plays" the Mori Calliope character for a long time now but nothing more than just a casual fan until she debuted as Mori. To this day I find myself enjoying her content as Mori way more than her other real life persona.
Also I exclusively watch female Vtubers. And I feel there's a huge difference between them and the women who stream. I know some people might disagree but to me it's a fact that nowadays most female streamers or youtubers are watched... For being female, for their appearence, and they know it. Most of the women who get popular are the same cookie-cutter kind of person that I really can't stand. I hate the idea of someone being that popular because of their appearence and suggestive content instead of say- their gaming skill, creativity, personality etc. This is where the Vtuber avatar comes in, you know people are watching them for who they are and what they do instead of how they look or how big their tits are.
If you really don't agree on my previous statement or don't care about them having "real faces" or not- I guess then it's just like a normal streamer, yeah? You'd watch them because you either like their personality, the games they play etc. It's nothing complicated, really. But I really do feel like a lot of people relate to getting attached to fictional characters easier than real people nowadays which is why I think it has gotten so popular.

This is unrelated to your post so don't mind it. I'm glad a lot of people have come to chat but I'd like the thread to be about the Hololive corp and branch... Not Vtubers in general...

• Love
Reactions: LonelyStarrySky, AllCatsAreGrey and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I know some people might disagree but to me it's a fact that nowadays most female streamers or youtubers are watched... For being female, for their appearence, and they know it.
I barely ever watch any new steamers, but half a decade ago I made an exception - and watched a few VODs of LeyaGornaya, a Twitch streamer who had previously been a camgirl. She was actually high-IQ, and I was really amazed at some things she did like sculpt cactuses (that looked rather suggestive lmao) and play Fortnite for the first time.
But I really do feel like a lot of people relate to getting attached to fictional characters easier than real people nowadays which is why I think it has gotten so popular.
So it's like Dr Disrespect? Considering I don't watch films or cartoons at all, his outlandish persona looked as weird to me as VTubers, haha.
the Hololive corp and branch
But what is Hololive? Is it the Hatsune Miku voice synthesiser? Is it a music band? An AI bot? I'm so clueless.

Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
👆💯

I'm glad you came back to chat with us OP. I was super excited when I saw this thread. I don't know anyone, besides my bf, who's into vtubers. It's exciting to share the fandom! It's something that brings me a lot of comfort. It makes me happy to hear how much you feel for your oshi.

I'm glad you're able to spend time with her again.

Why thank you! 💖

I've been enjoying seeing more cross over between companies. Just recently I saw Mumei in Selen's birthday concert!

Oh, and I forgot to mention my bf's fave in Holo is Fauna. (Well, it was Sana, but she's being big in space.)

What are your thoughts on the new Holostar guys?

I have a few plexi standees of my fave Niji talent. I'm a dork and like to bring them down in front of the TV when I watch their streams. I even bring Nina down for when I watch her Mata streams.
Gah... I'm sorry, I got distracted and ended up not replying to your post.

Yes, I'm very excited to meet more people who share the hobby!!! It makes me the happiest ever so I like sharing it with everyone else.

I didn't know Mumei participated in Selen's celebration! I saw recently that some Holos are participating on an Apex event that is hosted by Selen herself! I know some of the Holo girls who got invited and play the game are very skilled at it so I might check it out, it sounds fun.

Fauna is really cute, I've never watched much of her outside of collabs but I believe I tuned in for a few streams around her anniversary celebration? I absolutely love the merch she released this year LOL- Also Sana is also a great choice and a really cute girl. Her stream ideas were really unique imo. I miss her but it seems like she's doing ok so I'm happy about that~

I don't really like Holostars. I first got into Hololive because it was advertised to me as Idol media, I'm a big oldschool Japanese Idol fan... I am quite traditional in my way of thinking when it comes to idols but also I just enjoy all-girls casts... I have nothing against the boys but I'm not personally excited about them. But, It's always great to have new friends and stream partners for the girls, even if I don't personally enjoy it. I know Mori herself has had a lot of fun collabing with the holostars boys, and it makes me happy! Do you watch any of them?
I barely ever watch any new steamers, but half a decade ago I made an exception - and watched a few VODs of LeyaGornaya, a Twitch streamer who had previously been a camgirl. She was actually high-IQ, and I was really amazed at some things she did like sculpt cactuses (that looked rather suggestive lmao) and play Fortnite for the first time.

So it's like Dr Disrespect? Considering I don't watch films or cartoons at all, his outlandish persona looked as weird to me as VTubers, haha.

But what is Hololive? Is it the Hatsune Miku voice synthesiser? Is it a music band? An AI bot? I'm so clueless.
Well, I don't know who Dr Disrespect is. But I googled it and I guess not? He doesn't seem to be a character? He streams as himself?

Well, Hololive is a Vtuber Corporation. I think the biggest one in the market atm. Some Vtubers are indie and some join corps. It's pretty much the same as you working freelance by yourself or working for a company. It's not AI or a synthesiser. The characters are "played" by real people. Real people are hired to be the voice and personality of the 2D designs. I guess you could say it is a band though? They're idols, so they sing, dance, etc. There are a lot of Original Songs made by Hololive talent and huge events and liveshows. All of them participate so all of them sing and dance- some only do it when needed but as an example, Mori Calliope who is my favorite girl is very focused on her music career. She has released EPs and albums and is signed under Universal Music Studios Japan. She has had a live show of her own like other girls from the corp- Suisei, Towa, Watame and I believe Pekora is debuting hers this week. Here's a clip of one of Mori's live shows. It's a bit like a Vocaloid live show actually!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, LonelyStarrySky and Adûnâi
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Gah... I'm sorry, I got distracted and ended up not replying to your post.

Absolutely no worries! Just glad the thread is continuing. Thanks for starting it.

I saw recently that some Holos are participating on an Apex event that is hosted by Selen herself!

Selen is such a hard worker! I appreciate her efforts to arrange big cross-company collabs. I'm not an Apex fan, but may tune in just to see all of the talent.

Fauna is really cute, I've never watched much of her outside of collabs

My favorite livers are comfort streamers. Spending time with chill streamers has been a great solace for me in the last few years. I enjoy the characters they play and and the ways they're able to be creative with their models. It's a great way to forget about the world when it can be so cruel.

I don't really like Holostars.

Yeah, I'm also not much of a fan either. I do appreciate seeing more variety and models types. And like you're saying, more people for the Holo girls to interact with.

I would like to see more bara types than the standard ikemen. And more nonhumans. My favorite in Niji JP is Debi-sama.

Speaking of JP, my kami-oshi in Holo JP is Korone. She is so cute and funny! I have a popup parade figure of her. My bf's is Miko. He discovered her from her GTA clips. That's actually how we discovered vtubers, a little before MYTH.

I first got into Hololive because it was advertised to me as Idol media, I'm a big oldschool Japanese Idol fan... I am quite traditional in my way of thinking when it comes to idols but also I just enjoy all-girls casts...

This is so cool! I only got familiar with idol culture through vtubers. It's one of the things I love about Pomu. She often shares her knowledge of Japanese pop culture - like idol and maid culture. It makes sense that you're not a fan of vtubers out of Holo. They seem to maintain the traditional idol form more. On the opposite extreme you have the indies that are total gremlins (looking at you Filian) and never sing or dance. (I enjoy them too sometimes).

I'm only starting to enjoy the music aspect. Selen's birthday concert was great and really made me excited to learn more about that part. If you have fave songs you'd like to share I'd love to check them out.

For those interested, here's the VOD for that concert (keep an eye out for Mumei!):

I'm glad a lot of people have come to chat but I'd like the thread to be about the Hololive corp and branch... Not Vtubers in general...

Duly noted and makes sense to me. I'll try to focus on Hololive, which shouldn't be difficult. It's a huge company!

Do you watch any of them?

Not much. I used to watch Vesper, mainly because I was a Randon fan before. I find the new Holostars to be really loud and kind of difficult to watch , particularly when they're all together. That said, I've been watching some of Goldbullet. I think his model is cool and I enjoy his voice (still pretty loud for my taste though).

I think it's a great idea from Hololive to make a separate wing for Holostars. They are definitely quite different.

She has had a live show of her own like other girls from the corp- Suisei, Towa, Watame and I believe Pekora is debuting hers this week.

The live shows look so fun! I'd love to go to one in person, glowsticks in hand!

Henya is so cute and funny! I was so happy to hear her voice again. VShojo is the place to go to hear your favorite talent that graduated. I'm still glowing from hearing Mata's voice again.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and LonelyStarrySky
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Hi all, I came here to share super sad news. My favorite vtuber is graduating on Friday - Pomu Rainpuff from Nijisanii.
(I'm sorry, OP. I know you wanted this to be about Hololive.) I came here to share because no one I know understands how sad it is. She's been my comfort streamer for the past 2+ years. Now I feel in a sad state and I'm nervous of finding a new oshi. Maybe it's not good to feel so strongly for a virtual performer. Feeling sad and kind of lost. T_T

My biggest hope is that she'll come back in another form soon. Like Coco to Kson, or Nina to Mata, or Mysta to Kuro.🤞

• Love
bondage

bondage

stitch up my heart, stop the bleeding
Jan 16, 2024
Hi all, I came here to share super sad news. My favorite vtuber is graduating on Friday - Pomu Rainpuff from Nijisanii.
(I'm sorry, OP. I know you wanted this to be about Hololive.) I came here to share because no one I know understands how sad it is. She's been my comfort streamer for the past 2+ years. Now I feel in a sad state and I'm nervous of finding a new oshi. Maybe it's not good to feel so strongly for a virtual performer. Feeling sad and kind of lost. T_T

My biggest hope is that she'll come back in another form soon. Like Coco to Kson, or Nina to Mata, or Mysta to Kuro.🤞
Heard about that recently too. She was always so entertaining to watch. Vtubers graduating always feel like a death to me. T^T Even though many come back with different models it doesn't feel the same. Does anyone else feel this way or am I too sentimental? When my oshi Rushia from hololive was terminated I was so devastated for weeks. I'm sure pomu will come back though and hopefully do a collab stream w mysta ^0^

• Love
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Heard about that recently too. She was always so entertaining to watch. Vtubers graduating always feel like a death to me. T^T Even though many come back with different models it doesn't feel the same. Does anyone else feel this way or am I too sentimental? When my oshi Rushia from hololive was terminated I was so devastated for weeks. I'm sure pomu will come back though and hopefully do a collab stream w mysta ^0^
Thank you. I appreciate your comment, as it's coming from someone who understands. When I saw other vtubers graduate in the past I was sad about it, but it hits so differently when it's your favorite, your oshi.

Rushia was so great. Sorry for your loss. I forgot, did she come back in another form? It's so true when they come back it's not quite the same.

I recently saw a clip from Ironmouse. It was kind of helpful in reshaping my feelings around graduation. I'm eager to see what Pomu does next, but it's still so sad.

• Love
bondage

bondage

stitch up my heart, stop the bleeding
Jan 16, 2024
Thank you. I appreciate your comment, as it's coming from someone who understands. When I saw other vtubers graduate in the past I was sad about it, but it hits so differently when it's your favorite, your oshi.

Rushia was so great. Sorry for your loss. I forgot, did she come back in another form? It's so true when they come back it's not quite the same.

I recently saw a clip from Ironmouse. It was kind of helpful in reshaping my feelings around graduation. I'm eager to see what Pomu does next, but it's still so sad.
yeah she did come back and was with Vshoujo for a short time. Then left again... It was super confusing and i've lost track with her status.

Have you seen that Mel from hololive was terminated as well? Why is everyone leaving i hate change.. ;-;

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
yeah she did come back and was with Vshoujo for a short time. Then left again... It was super confusing and i've lost track with her status.

Have you seen that Mel from hololive was terminated as well? Why is everyone leaving i hate change.. ;-;
Yeah, I could imagine it would be confusing. 🫂

Yes! I heard about Mel. I just saw a Kobo clip where she spoke about it. So sad. 😭

Yeah, the stir ups and changes are challenging. Part of what I like about vtubers is the continuity and routine it provides. It provides a realm of fantasy that helps distract from the ugly and chaotic world. Change sucks!

• Love
Reactions: bondage and Adûnâi