• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
I have read that having new experiences ie. falling in love, having children and going on holidays to new exciting destinations is what makes human beings happy.

On other forums like Facebook you see people posting selfies and holidays photos all the time. Their planning their next holiday before they've finished their last one one. I personally can't afford even one night at the local pub but there are people on here who are not hard up on money. Do you think if more people went on holidays more often they would be less inclined to ctb?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you like traveling but you cannot do it bc of a lack of funds (money) then this may be a reason that makes you depressed / suicidal mid and long-term. If I wasn't broke I'd be traveling the world- that's what I actually planned to do in the age I'm now - instead of rotting in my room / flat but reality is different. Instead of living my life I ended up here.

It's always a personal choice what we crave and how we want to enjoy our lives in the society and world we r living in. How we can enjoy it is often always only a question of money.

Reactions: Crinia99
C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
P
If you like traveling but you cannot do it bc of a lack of funds (money) then this may be a reason that makes you depressed / suicidal mid and long-term. If I wasn't broke I'd be traveling the world- that's what I actually planned to do in the age I'm now - instead of rotting in my room / flat but reality is different. Instead of living my life I ended up here.

It's always a personal choice what we crave and how we want to enjoy our lives in the society and world we r living in. How we can enjoy it is often always only a question of money.

I personally never had a desire to travel, but then again I've never been in any position to. I was just wondering about other people.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't believe depression is fixed by money or holidays. Just look at how many rich and powerful hang themselves. Depression is an equal opportunities destroyer.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't believe depression is fixed by money or holidays. Just look at how many rich and powerful hang themselves. Depression is an equal opportunities destroyer.
Money can't fix all problems - no doubt - and there are many things that all money in the world can't buy or fix but in my personal case money is the only problem that causes my depressive and suicidal episodes.

I personally never had a desire to travel, but then again I've never been in any position to. I was just wondering about other people.
Yeah my life would be really much different if I had the means to travel bc I always wanted to travel the world but then even there is a difference whether someone enjoys traveling at lowest costs or traveling includes some kind of "luxury".

Reactions: Crinia99
Macc_Lad_71

Macc_Lad_71

Feb 15, 2024
I have read that having new experiences ie. falling in love, having children and going on holidays to new exciting destinations is what makes human beings happy.

On other forums like Facebook you see people posting selfies and holidays photos all the time. Their planning their next holiday before they've finished their last one one. I personally can't afford even one night at the local pub but there are people on here who are not hard up on money. Do you think if more people went on holidays more often they would be less inclined to ctb?
to be honest......holidays are one of the few things that keeps me going........my yearly 2 weeks to Greece is what i live for ! i'm at peace with the sun on my back listening to the waves.

C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023

Not sure, if studies say new experiences are linked to happiness then money must play a huge part in it as it's very difficult to enjoy new experiences without having Monet especially as you get older.

A lot rich and powerful people take their lives because they loose their money, or because they make foolish decisions with their money. That dosn't mean they are depressed though. More ashamed than depressed I imagine.

Last edited: